My first new horse...a bucker?

Discussion in 'Problem Horses' started by Rayes, Nov 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kathera

kathera Active Member

Well at least any sort of massage and stretching etc you give him is all relationship / trust building whether it is actually necessary from a physical view.

My horse hated being handled a year ago and although he is still a bit of a grumpy sod, he loves a good rub down and we have got too know each other heaps more than just riding.

From your other string it looks like you have had a win - contgrats on your courage and persistance!!

2. Malakand

Malakand Active Member

Hello Rayes, you gave this horse every chance and I'm sure with your honesty you will find a suitable home for him.

I admire you for the friendly, calm and dignified way you have handled the barrage of questions, comments, information and criticisms. Good luck in your search for a suitable horse.

Mary

3. Rayes

Rayes New Member

Thanks Malakand...I'm nothing if not stubborn!

4. EVP

EVP Gold Member

Welcome Kathera, isn't it great all these new stockie members!

5. tdk qhs

tdk qhs New Member

well im another new stockie member!!
    and im amazed that rays is keeping this horse to. No one could trust a horse like this and rays is near to being a beginner. in my experience people who keep horses like this and not have the skills are just asking for trouble and injury. #(

6. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Well I dont think Rayes is a beginner but anyway how many of us have perfect horses? not alot there is always some issue with them. From what I have read about this horse he has a lovely temparment but has underlying soreness probs and lacks a bit of education, now being no spring chicken and been riden by a yahoo doing god know,s what with him and then sitting in a paddock for 12 months no wonder theres a few kinks to iron out. Now if he was aggressive and had a nasty temparment ect along with his current probs i'm sure that Rayes would never had got him in the first place, but he is showing improvements and is responding to all of her efforts,**) horses like him need alot of time and effort, I personally think both Rayes and Cody will make it out the other side and in the process be the better for it but I guess only time will tell...

7. smash

smash Well-known Member

welcome tdk qhs
    of all the threads to put up your first thread (touch obvious by the way):)))
    might need an appointment for your agenda :}
    cheers :D

8. Sim

Sim Well-known Member

Totally agree Bid Red**)**)**)

9. EVP

EVP Gold Member

Red these are a few statements made by Rayes in earlier pages.

Smash, there have been umpteen new members who all seem to gravitate to threads that seem to have some healthy debate content.......lolol

I don't think that means they have an "agenda".....ahahahaha otherwise we should be suspicious of every new member!
    Could be they have been lurking a while and didn't feel they had anything to contribute before now? **)

Welcome TDK QH.......glad to have another qh devottee as a member?

Regardless, Rayes has got a variety of personal opinions, I bet she only takes onboard the ones she wants to lolol. As is the norm?

Does anyone on here really take advise to heart and act on it?

If they do it would'nt be too often.....ahahahahaha

10. Sim

Sim Well-known Member

EVP, some of us want to continue hearing Rayes story, we have all read your comments, know your opinions off-by-heart, so please go away so this thread doesn't get closed down too.

11. Trojane

Trojane Well-known Member

Sim it is not for us mortals to tell others to rack off. Mods are put on SY for this purpose.
    I have not exhausted pleasure in EVPs contributions and look forward to more in the future. I look forward to your posts too.
    And I am sure we all look forward to updates of Rayes progress.:))

12. Sharaway

Sharaway Guest

Ive retired to the thrown room, the lions have been fed enough for this week.

13. tiamo

tiamo New Member

I have had similar experiences, one thing that I found is that a horse can change very quickly once their diet changes. Some horses are "bombproof" (I hate that word!) for their previous owners and once arrived at a new abode, can change into nutters.

I had one horse that was totally intolerant of green grass (he had come from drought area over east and had really never had grass) and turned feral and sore (not a good combination at all) on very megre green pick. I found that a good quality magnesium supplement and tox defy (another product) plus very bland diet and not access to grass for all but the driest time of the year made a huge difference. He could only have very low protein hay and no sugars (green baled hay or molasses, lucerne or many of the premix pellets). He not only acted badly if fed these feeds, but also became sore everywhere (vague areas, shifting lameness), but changed and mellowed when I was very dilligent in his feed and supplement regime, I guess a bit like ADD children and red cordial.

The whole situation is very difficult, and well done to your perseverance. I find it hard to quit, (even to the detriment of my mental health sometimes, lol!) and certainly my bank balance but you will know when enough is enough.

Best of luck, :)

14. EVP

EVP Gold Member

*sighing and flumphing down in chair next to Shar*

Servants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bring me my cheesecake.
    AND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    An extra 6 spoons.

Tro and subjects.............
    I proclaim words of divine wisdom so that ye all may prosper.......

Look into the limitations of thy self and be amazed that the horse can survive through its visions. If you have no limitations your visions will be clear and all will be revealed when you think about it. Nothing is possible with your eyes open and everything is possible with your eyes closed. Walk in the steps of horses. Be clear of mind, clear of heart and clear of bowel.....It is your destiny.

And so I declare. :)*:)**#)*#)

15. Sim

Sim Well-known Member

In that case Trojane, its not your job to mod me then either is it?;)

Its boring, we have heard it all before, and another thread is going to disintegrate into childish drivel.

It's Rayes thread, about her horse and I want to read about her progress, not have her pushed off.

Now, Rayes, any updates?????

16. EVP

EVP Gold Member

I know............how about we have a "forum"....you know the type of get together where people have the right to post whatever they like?

Where the only person incharge is the person in charge?

That way people can post whatever drivel they like and everyone else gets to comment on it.

Yep, thats a plan.

@)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.