My first new horse...a bucker?

Discussion in 'Problem Horses' started by Rayes, Nov 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malakand

Malakand Active Member

Hi Rayes, been following this and the shaman thread with great interest. I hope he turns into the horse of your dreams when he comes back from the trainer. Please keep us updated. Also would really love to see a photo of this famous horse though you have explained already why you don't feel comfortable doing that.

Maybe we should all put in money for this trainer as we are all getting so much entertainment out of the whole saga? hahaha

2. Rayes

Rayes New Member

I'm actually thinking of renaming him if things turn out well - I think we both need to make a new start!

Have been thinking of renaming him if all works out well...would love to let you all have a look at him and tell me what you think...but I can't work out how to insert a picture...it seems to only want to let me insert pictures taken from the web???

Malakand - sounds like a great idea to me!

Rayes

3. EVP

EVP Gold Member

I'm still waiting for that PM......
    It would be good to follow Rayes progress "up close & personal" seeing as we are in the same State and only a few hours away!

Rayes is the trainer a western trainer as your area has quite a few.

:)*

4. smash

smash Well-known Member

5. smash

smash Well-known Member

actually rayes,
    after thinking more on my offer, dont send me photos.
    you have had quiet a hammering already, so maybe wait until your trainer gives you more insight into things for now.
    i know many would love to see the photos, but i think they would also understand why this might not be such a good thing right at this moment and would be understanding.
    cheers

6. Jonty3

Jonty3 Guest

Good call!

7. Trojane

Trojane Well-known Member

gurgle..gurgle..quack quack
    !!!
    aaaah! that smoothed my feathers, thanksyou!!!

Pleesh smashie - hand round the emplty for a collection (good thinking Malakand) :)) :)) :))

8. Cornflower

Cornflower Well-known Member

Yes you should keep us updated. It's very interesting with cases like this where things can be little more complicated than normal. And very educational to learn any outcomes.
    I'm sure there are plenty of people who have had, do have, and probably will have your type of issues with a horse. I know i'm one of them. And they would enjoy reading your story and going on your journey with you.
    As has been said, although some comments here have been a little harsh, it's only because people are trying to help, so yes, update. Whether it be good or bad, it's all valuable information, and a very good learning curve.

9. mylittlepony

mylittlepony Well-known Member

what beutey said**)**)

10. Beutey

Beutey Well-known Member

Look forward to hearing what the trainer says today! Good Luck **)

11. Rayes

Rayes New Member

Hi All,

Well, I have decided to sell Cody.

And it has nothing to so with money, bucking and certainly not his temperament.

Really, it boiled down to something that money can't buy...and that is time.
    He is very green and being a busy working mother, I just can't give him the time he needs in order to get him where I need him to be.

It's sad...but on the positive, he has never bucked since the first incident and he is really, a nice horse.

Rayes

12. Beutey

Beutey Well-known Member

So does that mean you arent going to the trainer today? I hope you are able to get a horse that it is more suited to what you want ;)

13. Rayes

Rayes New Member

No, that's the conclusion AFTER visiting the trainer...he's a nice horse, but he is VERY green and has not benefitted from his previous owner's style of riding.

He doesn't seem to relax when you ride him.

14. Beutey

Beutey Well-known Member

So the trainer seems to think there is nothing wrong just that he is green:confused: If so that has got to be a good outcome compared to all the other things it could have been! I hope you can find a nice experienced person for him that can give him all the time and experience he needs. And as i said before good luck finding a horse to suit you when you have the chance to buy another :D

15. domingo

domingo Active Member

just make sure to tell the potential buyer what he is all about - please. For the benefit of the next owner as well as the horse's.

Good luck finding a better match.

16. Rayes

Rayes New Member

Believe me, I will!

17. kathera

kathera Active Member

WT??

Damn i was enjoying this morning read while i had my coffee to start the day!

Great story, efforts you have made with Cody and willingness to share even when copping some very strong opinions..

Good luck - I hope you find a better match with your next horse

18. Sharaway

Sharaway Guest

Well we have an outcome, I do hope the horse finds a more experianced owner with more time. These days very few people have enough time for a good quiet horse let alone one that needs some training.

19. EVP

EVP Gold Member

This has gotten even more confusing.......if he is 'green' (and I'm not doubting that he is) wouldn't your mother who is an experienced horse person have been able to tell you that???????? Green horse and novice or nervous owner is a well-known taboo amongst horse people.

Seems a terrible waste to have spent money investigating possible health problems, when the issue has been about his lack of education all along?

It also shows that the 'practisioners' you got out to view and treat him for a 'soreness' problem didn't know much at all....(excluding the vet who said he didn't think there was a problem).

Sadly this horse is a shining example of how horses get passed from owner to owner through no fault of their own.....an owner who doesn't have time/experience/finances moves them on, and they become a project for yet another owner who might end up doing the same. The end result is a horse who has no 'real' training on being a rideable companion and gets more homes than the Yankies get home-runs!

20. Rayes

Rayes New Member

I have done as I was asked to do and let everyone know of the outcome.

Now, enough is enough.

Have grown tired of having the details of my 'saga' questioned or being told I am not experienced enough to handle this horse.

You may have all the experience in the world, but without time in which to use it, it means nothing.

I believe I have gone above and beyond what was required as a horse owner...and I certainly ain't going to be making any money out of this!

And yes, this horse will gain a new owner...but in my eyes this is preferable to what you have suggested previously, EVP.
    And I'm sure that Cody won't be the first horse in the world to find himself a new place of residence.

And before you blame me passing horses on...don't forget that my old horse is 26 and I have had, and will have, him for his whole life.

To those of you have supported and encouraged, please feel free to PM me if you would like any more details.

Regards,
    Rayes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.