My Brag

Discussion in 'News Items' started by Sassy, Mar 2, 2004.

1. Sassy

Sassy Gold Member

[navy]On Sunday morning I bought Kazz & her mum in from the big paddock to wean Kazz after making the decision to take her to a show at the end of March.
    She hasnt let me even touch her since the day she was born, she would lay on the ground and let me just walk up and give her pats and cuddles, but after 2days old she never let me anywhere near her, couldnt even scratch her bum when she had a drink!
    Well, yesterday I thought id give catching her the ''nice'' way a go, and just see if she might get curious if i sat in the yard for long enough, for 75% arab she isnt the slightest bit curious in ANYTHING! never even came near me, I tried sitting on her mum and thats the only time i even got a sniff - but DARE i touch her nose!! finally mum (my mum) came home and we managed to get a rope around her, man this girl has a fight in her, me and mum both hanging on this rope and she still draggin us backward!! lol, eventually she gave in, just lay down (her big sister did the same thing, but Sassy didnt fight so much first!).
    we put a halter and rope on her while she was laying down and left her to think about it all... she didnt get up for about 5 minutes, i dont think she knew she could at first!
    this afternoon after work i thougth I'd catch her again, see if she'd let me pat her (dont know where i got the energy from!) she put up another fight, but i got her to let me pat her both sides of her neck and over her back and a little on her bum, she doesnt like me infront of her but she didnt mind if i stood against her shoulder, which is good really cos thats where ill be most of the time. [/navy]

Just had to tell everyone!! its probably not the most exciting news but im so excited about finally starting with my baby. Its so much better doing it with my own horse than it is with all the other foals that come and go.
    I was so excited the other day when we got her papers back in the mail and it had Owned by: Krystal Haywood !! lol

[navy]I will prob let you all know each day the progress we make, tomorrow we are going to try put a rug on her... hehe should be fun! [​IMG] [/navy]

2. Kari

Kari New Member

Well done Sassy! It is extremely rewarding working with babies...

Which show are you going to be taking Kazz to?

Kari

3. Sassy

Sassy Gold Member

Thanks Kari, I will be taking Kazz to the All Arabian show.

This morning we put a rug on her, we hadnt washed it yet, and thought ''its ok it will do to start with'', we forgot that the reason we were going to wash it was because it had been on our colt...
    she was so good, once we caught her she put up a little fight but gave in pretty quick and didnt like the rug too much but it took less than 10mins to get it on, im so proud of her!
    once it was on and we let her go, we heard her mum call out and straight away me and mum thought ''oh crap, she is going to smell like the colt!!!'' so we had to take mummy away coz she kept trying to kick her, i didnt want to wean her just yet but didnt want to take the rug off again either!
    if she stops eating or stresses too much we will take the rug off and give mum back again for a while!

4. ashka

ashka Well-known Member

Good luck at the All Arabian, Sassy. I had wanted to take Rocky there but it doesn't look like he is going to be fat enough/cut free enough to scrub up for it!

Nice to hear about your baby's progress.

5. Sassy

Sassy Gold Member

Thanks, I am really excited about taking Kazz to the AA, I have ordered some satin show rugs for her to look smart in, I went to europa & horseland last week and bought all the little extra's i am going to need! even though mum already has most of it, i just wanted to do it lol

Kazz is leading now, she is so smart, even if she gets a fright from something if you just give her a second you can literally see her thinking about it. She is going into a stable each night now, having rugs taken on & off, flyveil, etc, I can pick up her front feet... she is learning everything so quickly, all this is in just one week, im so pleased with her.

6. Sassy

Sassy Gold Member

[navy] Just an Update...

As you may know fom other posts, Kazz and I did quite well at our first outing, the All Arabian show.
    Just to let you know I have added some photo's on webshots from the show. [/navy]

http://community.webshots.com/user/kpprovidence under Kazz.