My 8 year old daughter has OCD (help)

Discussion in 'Open Discussions' started by paula223, Jun 4, 2009.

1. paula223

paula223 Gold Member

Just a little update on Celine :)
    But first imus thank Midas for finding this old thread of mine cos for the life of me today i couldnt find it!!!
    So Midas thanks a million mate **)
    Well Celine is doing absolutly fantastic at the moment,we go see a lady in Rockingham every Tues now,Karen Geets,she still washes her hands but no where near as bad,and she now lets the odd one of her mates into her bedroom to play.
    I have so many cuddles from her now its Great :)
    She only ask me to wash hands if i go toilet,or if she ask me to move her clothes into the wash room,but there is no more screaming etc.
    But the other night she did tell me she has started to having to count in 2s like 2,4,6 whatever she is counting,then she has to start again and count normal,1234 etc.
    And another thing she tells me,if she is in school and say someone ask what time it is,she says she will say errrm its 2 o clock,I THINK IT IS
    like she has to say I think it is,she doesnt know why she tells me,so i said it is the silly OCD playing tricks again :)
    She so understands everything i explaine to her for a young girl!!!
    But i know with OCD it can change a few times to different things,like other times wen she goes to bed i shout Love You Sweet Dreams,And even though she has heard me,she will shout What did you say mum!!!
    Like she has to repeat certain things :(
    But on the hold i think she is 70% better than she was,and hopefully in time 100% **)

2. Midas

Midas Well-known Member

No worries Paula!

Great to here she is doing so much better! I hope she's 100% in no time for you!

Can't possibly imagine the heart ache it caused!!

3. paula223

paula223 Gold Member

Thankyou ever so much mate :)
    she just makes me more positive in life **) i just think if she can get this far in 8 weeks and she is only 8,then poo i can get by with whatever life throws at me :)
    I have just lost my Uncle last week,very tragic but i wont go into that on here,you just dont know what is around the corner!!!
    I say we all live day to day and be HAPPY we are here and make the most of our LIFES no matter what POO we are going through,i always say there is always someone worse off!!
    I love my Little Angel to death,and she is Such a Fighter :)
    To see her now makes my Life so worth living,and us as a Family have learnt so much by this horrible thing.
    Like we dont take our lives for granted no more,and the little things in life aint worth worrying about :)
    This is the reason we are down sizing and getting a smaller morgage,as bricks and mortor mean NOTHING without family being healthy & happy :)
    So we want to spend as much time as we can as a family with our kids,even though the other 2 are 17 & nearly 21,you just dont realize how much time we really miss with them growing up because of work work & more work :(
    Life should be more about enjoying it rather than stressing about morgage,bills,etc

4. paula223

paula223 Gold Member

5. Midas

Midas Well-known Member

so glad she's smiling and laughing again!! :)

6. paula223

paula223 Gold Member

thanks Midas :)
    She is such a happy girl now **)

7. wawa85

wawa85 Guest

so glad to hear she is doing much better now Paula! Made my day to read todays post.

So sorry to hear about your loss *hugs*

8. paula223

paula223 Gold Member

Aww thanks alot mate :)
    I had a young girl come from the Telegraph today who was doing photos of my house as its for sale,and she was saying how tidy Celines room is,so i was telling her the story behind my little girl,she said theres not enough help for the mentle health,her friend has an Autistic young girl,and she was saying there isnt enough support to help the families as they most often than not have to come out of work to care for there children or even elder ones.
    Said she was going to have a word with her O/H as i think he is a journalist,and maybe do a story on Celine :) obviously using differant names,but like i said to her,if my nightmare can help prevent someone elses child go through what we have been through before they got help which could prevent it getting as far as Celine did b4 she got the help she so needed,then i will be extreamly greatfull :) Celine wouldnt of got as bad as she did if someone somewhere would of helped us earlier,rather than keep passing us on :(
    The Dr at Rockingham couldnt believe it took over 3 months and Celine having the breakdown b4 we got help!!

9. wawa85

wawa85 Guest

quite often the problem with dealing with govt departments or agencies sadly. I used to work in a Govy dept and left partly because I couldn't get the help for the kiddies that they needed. I think there were a couple of support associations down Rockingham way that might be good for you to link up with, will look into it for ya.

10. paula223

paula223 Gold Member

Thanks Wawa mae,we got a really good team now in Rockingham its called C.A.L.M who work with all the family,there is so much they have done with us as a family and with Celine 1 on 1 :)

11. simbin

simbin Gold Member

Woohoo what a lovely picture Paula. It has made me smile a lot.

12. paula223

paula223 Gold Member

Awwww Andrea,
    thankyou so much mate :)
    Also i want to give you a HUGE THANKYOU from the bottom of my heart for all your help & suport you gave me at that really really Horrible Time in my life!!
    You are a real Gem!!!
    Hugs mate xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Also i will definetly come up to yours once i figure out how to get me & Celine there without getting lost lmao **)**)
    Would like to thank everyone else for there support also,as i know everyone has there problems,it was & still is Lovely to know there ARE so many wonderfull people in this world!! Espeacially here on SY **)

13. paula223

paula223 Gold Member

Welli thought i would do an update on Celine as she is today :)
    It has been a very Long Road but she has come so far!
    The washing of the hands is only when she goes to the toilet and if she changes her clothes so omg when i look back at this thread and see just how FAR she has come really does surprise me!
    She has always wanted a budgie and we told her if she can get her hands better and keep putting her cream on then we would think about getting her one.
    Anyhow at one of my friends today i just happened to mention baby budgie that Celine would love (even though her sister wanted a Love Bird etc but i had already promised Celine so Lois not amused lol)
    Well she did mention her dad breeds them and she was calling to see her mum who isnt very well :(
    Anyhow at 6pm i gets a message on phone,she had the cutest little presant for Celine lol and i had to call and pick it up
    So off i go on my travels to her place and omg sooo cute,not long out of nest so Celine can handle & get it used to her
    Well i came back home with budgie and cage and the look on Celines face!!!!
    Now looking back she wouldnt of even let this bird in her room.
    I am sooo Proud of where she is today,she still goes to the Therapist as this OCD can change from one thing to another but we now know how to deal with set backs.
    Anyhow here is my Princess (on a good day lol)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Hellooo

Hellooo Active Member

hello i only just saw your post and i didnt read it all cos there is so many pages.
    when i was younger i would wash my hands alll the time (maybe not red raw) and if i couldnt wash them i would even spit on them. pretty gross lol i wasnt scared of people getting "my germs" i think i was scared of everyone elses or something. i just wanted to feel clean maybe? i dont really no, there was other things i was crazy about. there is still something i dont like and is funny about but i grow out of washing my hands all the time. also i dont think i was as bad as your daughter. also my cuz had the same kinda of thing with the hand washing.... but i think she has or will grow out of that to. i dont no odd

15. Gemgem

Gemgem Well-known Member

Paula, so glad to see Celine so happy and doing so well!! Keep up the good work guys :)

16. paula223

paula223 Gold Member

Thanks so much gemgem,to see her now after all she went through is just Fantastic :)
    Even if she now has an attitude lmao
    Hope all ok with you mate **)

17. LilD

LilD Well-known Member

Paula she also has YOU ! you must be a very strong person, I take my hat off to people like yourself ! She'll be fine mate and so will you :) Your a manc and were made of tuff stuff lol also have a great sence of humour well being a POM ya have to huh :)

18. paula223

paula223 Gold Member

Thanks Liz **)
    She is Doing so much better!!!
    Except now she is going through the stage where she has to repeat things,like sentances but hey i can get through anything now after our horrible last couple of months!!!!!
    We have come out the other end thank Gawd :)
    Cya when you get here mate **)

19. paula223

paula223 Gold Member

PMSL@You!!!
    Whats the saying Strong As An Ox :p

20. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

Wow what a beautiful bird! Isn't she a lucky girl :D. I loove budgies!

You must be a proud Mum!