My 8 year old daughter has OCD (help)

Discussion in 'Open Discussions' started by paula223, Jun 4, 2009.

1. paula223

paula223 Gold Member

Awwww thanks Pockets :)
    I look like poo lmao,think this whole thing as aged me about an extra 10 yrs lol
    I am only up this early as Celine woke at 6am and needed me to stand in the hallway while she went toilet,then she had to wash her hands twice,once after tiolet,then she had got in bed and had to wash them again,so frustrating for the poor sod,but she did fall back to sleep as i put a towel in the dryer then wrap it round her so she feels warm and cosy :) (also i have never used so many of those tumle dryer smelly sheets)
    So she is nice & snugg and i am wide awake lol

2. paula223

paula223 Gold Member

Celine had a few bad nights (well early hrs) but last night was the BEST EVER :)
    she slept straight through for the first time from 9pm till 7am this morning so i am sooo pleased with her **)
    We had to go visit CALMS today (mentalhealth group) Rockingham and saw this Lovely lady Karen :)
    Explaining things better to Celine,and was telling us once Celine had gone out of the room that she is VERY intelligent and Highly Sencertive.
    And this is why she worries more :( so we are going to have a family meeting as i had some bad poo happen to me when i was only her age within my family,also my O/H lost his identicle twin brother at the age of nine (lorry killed him) so we both need to sort our past out as neither of us dealt with it really,so they said to start with us and then it will make a huge differance to Celine :)
    We have bought so much from the Art & Crafts its unreal lol,but it does the trick because Celine doesnt wash her hands while doing this for at least 2 hrs **)
    So yeh things are looking good for now,even though we know it can go backwards also,but we praise the Good things and ignore the bad
    Reasurance is the key and strutual routine :)

3. eventkid1

eventkid1 Well-known Member

i really admire your strength paula!!!
    good luck with celine shes sounds like shes doing brilliantly!

4. paula223

paula223 Gold Member

Cheers mate,yeh i am really happy with her at the moment :) she never seizes to amaze me lol

5. Gemgem

Gemgem Well-known Member

Im glad you're daughter is home and doing better. Its going to be a hard slog but I have no doubt you will get thru it!

6. Meandmyhorse

Meandmyhorse Active Member

Oh hope she is doing good:)

7. paula223

paula223 Gold Member

Thanks again Everyone :)
    She is going to be just fine,just going to take a while but i know she can get where she needs to be **)
    Another Great night, she slept like a log lol,didnt get up untill 7.30am and not washed her hands hardly :)
    This paint and colouring really does help as she is so occupied,besides it all on her face lol,i even did a nice picture on one of her canvaces **)

8. paula223

paula223 Gold Member

Just a little updat on Celine,has bn doing really well lately :)
    sleeping longer without waking up screaming and hand washing,
    she does wet her hair now aswell,and started to walk backwards back to the sink once she has washed her hands,but she tells me it helps her remember
    she has washed.
    Today was a bad day and night,but im thinking maybe its cos she woke early 6am so maybe over tired,but she got so angry with me hitting and screaming :( but then really sorry hr later when she had calmed down and i had ignored her :)
    Also would like to say big thankyou to another Stockies mum Cooper who wished us luck,thankyou so much
    i have had soooo much support on here its Fantasic
    Would also like to wish others on here who are going through a poo time just now :(
    you know who i mean mate :) your gonna be OK **)

9. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

Paula your such a great Mum.
    It really inspires me to see a mother standing by their daughter side the entire way while they go through something so difficult.
    There is no time limit on this yet your patient and prepared to take all the time it takes.

My own mother turned her back on me the second things got hard and I vowled the day I had Kelsey I'd never be like my mother and you are just a great inspiration to me :).

Good on you.

10. paula223

paula223 Gold Member

Thankyou so much for that Arnie :)
    You are also an inspiration mate!!! after all your mother left you!!! and you where not going to follow down the same path!!!! Good on you for being a Fantastic mother to your two, plenty of hugs from me to you **)
    My dad left us when i was 1 and my sister was two, my mum then remarried,he married and had another three daughters but never came near us untill we where about 10.
    Also i was abused at the age of 8 so i blame my dad for that!! as in my mind this wouldnt of happened if he had stayed,so because of this i was somewhat like Celine, but mine wasnt the hand washing,it was putting tissue around the tiolet seat as to not get germs,washing cutlery,not sitting on certain pillows etc but my mum never knew about the germ thing with me untill just now,which she asked why she never knew and why i didnt tell her.
    So dont know how on earth i got through it,but hey i did so im positive :)
    I know i would NEVER EVER turn my back on any of my kids,i am here for the long run,through the good and the very bad.
    She has started this morning now because she is just focused on this visit with the CALMS group,and is telling me she is not going to see these stupid people they do not help!!!
    I really did feel like running of yesterday has i just felt soooo low,but today is another day i keep telling myself,and when she is like this,i know it isnt her and is just this dreaded thing OCD.
    So sad to watch your child just change like the green eyed monster :(
    But like i said: walking away is Never an option :)
    I love all my kids to pieces,and they all have there faults just like me lol
    I know We WILL get through this,just 1 day at a time.
    I also know exactly which things trigger Celines OCD so i am always having to be 10 steps ahead of her.
    Geeeees she keeps me on my toes lmao
    So yeh its going to be alright Arnie :)
    Thanks again mate **)
    And also you keep doing what you are doing with your two kiddies, you are a fantastic wife &mother ( and only young yourself ) so i also applaud you
    You show other young mums that no matter what,you can get where you want to be in this life,if you work at it

11. Gaia

Gaia Gold Member

My god you are a strong woman Paula. I come back to this thread whenever I feel frustrated with my life to remind me that things could be much worse. You and you daughter (and your whole family) are an inspiration. :)

12. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

Paula omg! I'm in tears!
    Such beautiful things you've said, wow! That was really nice of you, really. You bought me to tears and made me feel proud :).

We must meet oneday. I think a coffee is in order :D.

13. paula223

paula223 Gold Member

Awwww Arnie :) tears of JOY i hope lol
    And i meant EVERY SINGLE WORD!!! you ARE a PRIME EXAMPLE to all the other young mums out there,that it can be done and you can live your DREAMS if only you are positive in what you want out of life!!!
    So HUGE pat on the back mate :)
    Coffee would be Fantastic
    Oh and also forgot to say what a good horse owner you are also lol as they are your babies too :)
    Well had our visit with Celine and she is so much happier,had to draw this like octopus which she named Washie lol this is the thing that makes her wash her hands she told us
    The lady said we are doing a great job and she has come so far!! Yayyyyy
    we ROCK lmao

14. paula223

paula223 Gold Member

Gaia thanks mate :) but you all have problems and no matter how big or small we all have to deal with them,so your problems to me lol maybe i wouldnt be as strong :) I think in our life we are all just given what ever we are able to deal with and this was mine
    I think all us women are strong **)

15. paula223

paula223 Gold Member

OMGi am Speechless!!!
    EVP (Bindi) you dont know what it means to Celine & Myself to receive the Best Gift Ever from you!!!
    Just goes to show there are real life Angels :)
    You have gone to so much trouble buying this Great Book (What To Do When Your Brain Gets Stuck) A childs guide for overcoming OCD
    It is Fantastic,and has to be The Best Book i have here for OCD especially for kids OMG i cannot thank you enough,also the lovely note you put in the beatifull card :) and $20 OMG THANKYOU from the bottom of our hearts!!!
    This means more to us than you could ever imagine,for some complete stranger to do something like this,and all the way from NSW you ARE Celines Angel xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    She has told me she wants to come on here later to put a little message for you,she had the Biggest Smile on her face,as everyday since i told her she would be getting a little something of a lady from Stockies she has sat waiting for every post lol.
    So EVP you are ONE SPECIAL LADY would love to meet you and thankyou ourselves.

16. GeeJay

GeeJay Guest

Paula
    I would love you both to come and spend some time with me. Please just give me a call.

:(

17. paula223

paula223 Gold Member

Wow Geejay what a lovely offer :)
    We would be Frilled at such an offer!!!!
    Where would we be without Stockies :)
    Thankyou soooooo much

18. paula223

paula223 Gold Member

dear evp (bindie) thank you so mu cch for the book :D ,thankkyou for the wonder full card and for thankyou so much $20@) thank u for all the love and care u gave me from nsw i got 2 beanie kids with the money love from

CELINE SKELTON XOXOXO :) :) :)

P.S
    I WILL EMAIL U TOMMROW

19. paula223

paula223 Gold Member

Thank you every one that gave me wishes wile i was in hospital

love from celine skelton xoxoxoxoxo :)*:)*:)*:):):d:d

20. Deb2

Deb2 Guest

Celine, we are all thinking of you, and we feel we know you a bit through your Mums posts. You are a very brave girl, and you have many people who care about you. Keep smiling Celine, and we'll keep thinking of you.

Give your Mum a big kiss.

Love Deb XXXX:)*:)*:)*