Murray XC/SJ Training Day 2

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by myyky, Jun 21, 2011.

1. needanswers

needanswers Well-known Member

I'm a bit worried about my rounds. Highest I've jumped out on my boy is 90cm and I've put him in the 80 and 95 class..... guess I will just see how the 80cm goes and go from there.

2. cupcake

cupcake Well-known Member

Im straight after you Cait.

Meet you near the ring :)

3. cupcake

Scoobydoo, training days are very casual. Your daughter will have a great day. Everyone does their best to help people get through it. Even in SJ if somthing looks scary she can miss it, or if she gets a few refusals they will usally but the hight down for you. You can even go in the ring with her (ask the marshall first).

Just tell your daugther, if she is going to trot the course and shes on a narrow track and she has a horse coming up behind her, she needs to give way to them and try to move out of the way. Im very considerate of people on course that are slower, but I have heard some people go nuts over it.
    The other thing is if she can find some one willing to go with her, like teaming up with another first timer, you can go together XC, I checked because another girl is coming with me that rides with me and we are about the same ability, first time I have done a XC course on this horse, and her horse is better with other horse with him, so we going together)

Cant wait, going to be a great day. Look forward to meeting new stockies and having a fun day.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  4. myyky

myyky Well-known Member

Hey Kylie, did you actually ask the organisors? :) If you go as a team can you leave at the same time, or do you have to go like usual XC, a minute apart or whatever, and then wait for your friend to catch up? :)

5. dramaqueen

dramaqueen Well-known Member

Your not supposed to go around as a group, otherwise is causes problems with other riders out on the course. I know when I have been out that pairs have been allowed for encouragement, but generally at Murray its one horse out at a time and you leave the start box when the horse in front gets to the corner

6. cupcake

My friends mum asked the organisers, said we can go together, as long as we dont hold people up, we would both canter anyway, dont see how we would hold people up unless we had troubles with a jump. If some one came along, we would move aside to let them take the jump

7. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

You can leave the same time..

And yes as Kylie said make sure you move out the way for other horses that are going faster. I never understood why people get frustrated until this happened to me? Had a superrrrrrr slow horse in front that wouldn't allow me to pass.

Options were

I slow down (and then risk getting penalised for 'time wasting)
    Follow her - with my pony being a total troll coz she wants to be in front (and risk being penalised for following!)
    Or attempt to dangerously overtake.

If she had just moved left and not kept trying to go faster to stay in front then I would have been able to pass.. Argghhh! Doesn't really worry me at training days, just odes.

8. myyky

myyky Well-known Member

Yup I'll be moving riiiiight over.

9. cupcake

At an ODE I can understand lauren, for sure.

At a training day though things are a bit more relaxed but its curtious to get out of the way and move aside.

Murray is all out in the open though isnt it??

10. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

Yep training day I don't care.. especially as lots and lots of people at training days haven't done xc before and don't know they're meant to move. Yep Murray is very open.. should be interesting seeing so Bess hasn't been ridden since Sunday..... hmmm

11. cupcake

Shoudnt have a problem then if there are no narrow bush tracks.

Since sunday? You riding her before murray?

Trianda hasnt been ridden much this week either, normally 6 days a week he gets ridden!

Just had such a busy week! Last night, had a meeting *cough- cocktails and dinner*

Thurs is my usually day off riding cos I work back anyway.

Monday I rode, but only a short time because we had float training all arvo, tuesday night I rode but not long.

and hes got tomorrow night off too the slacker. Oh well wont do him any harm.

Will ride him for 30-40 min on saturday just to do a a couple of jumps to ease my nerves for sunday, spend the rest of sat arvo doing float training work so hoepfully sunday morning goes smoothly and you will be all SOOOO amazed at trainda the floating horse hahaaaa lol

12. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

Had bowen on Tuesday, so can have a very very very light ride tomorrow (just walking), and a light ride Saturday.

yep I'm guna die

13. cupcake

Atleast bess shouldnt be sore!

Fingers crossed shes a good girl!

Just put on your medical arm band what I have... 'dont turn off life support, ill wake up eventually' and "if dead, I want to be buried not cremated"

14. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

Lmao :p And if I fall of again, hopefully it's AFTER James so I at least get a pic of me ON the horse *#)

Definitely not sore, though she may be feeling too good! Last weekend we had no steering and no breaks.. but provided we don't put on a rodeo display I'll be happy.

15. ClubIgnite

ClubIgnite Well-known Member

neednt worry about me being slow in the XC- I'll be holding on for dear life :p
    LOL no we are pretty well under control now...i hope :eek:

16. cupcake

LOL lauren, ill get my deck chair and camera ready for some entertainment then?? LOL

Get a neck strap or monkey strap maybe incase?? LOL

17. nklpark

nklpark Well-known Member

i'm off to flag the XC jumps in the rain YAY :D

18. ellechim69

ellechim69 Guest

I will be there early with my camera so if you plan on falling off please let me know thanks

19. F.adila

F.adila Well-known Member

So wish I was riding! Was looking forward to doing my first 80cm round but pony is still broken. Might come down and still say hi though :)

20. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

Cheers for the support guys :p

Spots I'll probably fall of...

The green jump as you come out of the bush.. Bess *always* leaps that jump and tries to run after the horse going in the other direction.

Helipad if Bess decides to leap of it again :p

Orrrrr maybe the water jump..

Or I could do what I did last time and just fall of mid gallop between jumps LOLOL.