Murray XC/SJ Training Day 2

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by myyky, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Leon

Leon Well-known Member

So exciting! Nice and steady sounds good.. there is no pressure to go fast.. a nice steady trot is easier on your balance and also will help let Pepper get not too excited**)

The great thing is Murray is a very inviting course, it is difficult to get lost and if you walk it and some jumps you don't like because it's a training day you don't have to jump them!

You will know a few of us there.. Lauren,Lakota.. so you won't be alone :)

2. Leon

Leon Well-known Member

I know when I asked organisers they said if I didn't feel like doing the 65cm SJ on the day I could go back to the 45cm, I wonder if you could go up if you are wanting to do a 65cm?

3. Satorii Lodge

Satorii Lodge Well-known Member

cant see why not

4. ClubIgnite

ClubIgnite Well-known Member

not done one of these but thinking about it, it says medical armband required please explain?:confused:

5. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

Medical Armband = piece of paper electrical taped on your arm :p (or you can pay $20 and buy a little holder thing).

You can get a basic template of the PCAWA website but the important stuff is:

Name
    Allergies
    Medical Conditions
    Number plate (or car details so they can find your stuff).

Basically so if you fall of and are knocked out or whatever they know who you are and how to help..

And scratch the 65cm idea... worst ride ever tonight.

6. myyky

myyky Well-known Member

Ohh I need to remember to make one of those!

7. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

Guna scratch one of my xc rounds.. two is too much for Bess.

8. Leti loves Elmo

Leti loves Elmo Well-known Member

Im doing 2 65cm sj rounds and only one xc round as murray is a long course. We usually end up jumping 80cm on the xc course.

9. ashlee

ashlee Active Member

i ended up only putting one of each down at 65cm since both scoot & i arent that fit anymore ahahahaaa

10. Leti loves Elmo

Leti loves Elmo Well-known Member

You should have done 2 rounds of sj! Its the xc Im worried about lol and you've seen the the latest picture of trixie

11. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

I think we have this sorted now...and 4 definitely entered and one more potentially. I've been lucky enough to get my horse back as Jess fell for a client's horse at Darling Downs last weekend (YAY!!!). Bear will possibly be having his last outing with Team Rodellis as he's on trial atm and they're loving him as much as we did :D Huge day...but it's local (and a training day), so should be fun as always.

So 2 first-timers as well as Bear & Bundy....and poss one other ride :)

and Myyky, I agree with what Leon said **)

12. snoopydoo

snoopydoo Well-known Member

my daughter is going to do her very first XC course. She's done most of the Log Fence course in bits, but not all at once. I have leased an old wise girl to take her round the 45cm. Also i'm paying for 2 rounds of jumping - depending if the old girl can manage and my nerves hold out!!! :D

13. ClubIgnite

ClubIgnite Well-known Member

I'll be there with the mad arab *#)

14. Hen

Hen Well-known Member

I might go and do the showjumping on my big long brown :) Assuming that the grades are PCAWA grades, not EWA, so not sure what the heights are? What height is A grade?

Why is a body protector compulsory :confused: is it a pony club rule? Are they necessary for the showjumping or just the cross country? I don't own one nor want one so if they are required I ain't goin lol.

15. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

A grade is 1.05 metres.

Body protectors only compulsory xc (C grade and up).

16. cupcake

cupcake Well-known Member

Will be nice to meet you wattle... you have to watch us floating to go home... or maybe not... we will see lol... maby close your eyes when I say hahaaaa then reopen them when he walks on..

OH I HOPE HE GETS ON!

Going to do some more work tomorrow, and geoff's coming back again next weekend.

I can get him on, even when trainda says no, so confident we will get him on, just want trianda to be happy about it.

17. Hen

Hen Well-known Member

Cheers for that Lauren! Well I won't be doing any cross country on my coloured pole princess so I will go do the showjumping (double checking dates first lol).

Will have a chat to coach about height .... will be either A or B grade depending what he thinks **) We are trying to build his confidence atm and give his large but fragile ego a massage hehe *#)

18. myyky

myyky Well-known Member

Snoopydoo, I'm in the same boat as your daughter, have done some jumps but never a whole course :) How old is she? We can stick together Haha

Hen.. Scary jumps! Have fun!

19. AnnieIvy

AnnieIvy Well-known Member

going to this :)
    only put one SJ round at 45cm :p
    then 2 XC one 45 and one 65, want to see if me and Buzz are brave enough to attempt a whole d grade course

20. myyky

myyky Well-known Member

Awesome Annie :) Even if you don't feel brave enough to do the whole thing, just do mostly E grade and pick a few D grades to try :)

I think I love training days..
    I can't decide what to wear!!