Murray XC/SJ Training Day 2

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by myyky, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Leon

Leon Well-known Member

Sorry NaNF.. I didn't know who you were as well.. I was with Lauren when you came up for a chat with your new chestnut boy right at the end.. Well done, sounds like you had an awesome time!!

2. needanswers

needanswers Well-known Member

Myyky you used my scraper!! :D I should say hello to people more. Lauren I said hi to you a few times.. I was also there when you were trying to make Bess roll and she was like... yeah nah.. thanks anyway haha

3. snoopydoo

snoopydoo Well-known Member

Georgia did a perfect SJ course. She ended up going first out of everyone and I hope James got some good pics as he was snapping away at the side of the ring.
    Sadly XC wasn't so good. I watched her go over the first few from the start box then headed out to go near the water and the next thing I knew the pony came careering towards us with no child on board. Apparently at the drop in and step out before the tyres, the pony lined herself up to the c grade (or higher) log and my poor wee girl had to haul her round. Then the pony charged off and Georgia parted company with her. She's a real trooper though, she got back on and i led her round the rest of the course at a walk, only trotting a few strides before each jump. Only hurt pride thankfully. She's been making a habit of falling off recently! #(

4. Leon

Leon Well-known Member

Had a great day today.. thanks Murray for a well run event once again. I now see why you don't do events in winter, so very muddy but we all survived :)

My pony was SUPER today.. so, so very happy with him. We did a 45cm round which was a bit sketchy but mainly because I get nervous and don't push him forward enough.

Then we did a 65cm!!!!!!!! A HUGE achievement for us, his first ever and also my first for about 5+ years.. The last few years my confidence has been so low for Showjumping but now thanks to my awesome horse I am getting it back and starting to enjoy jumping again!!

We had a few sticky jumps but once again me not pushing him forward.. lots to work on before our next event. XC he was great.. jumped all the D grade jumps- so very proud of him**)

5. Natty and Nell Forever

Natty and Nell Forever Well-known Member

Oh yep sorry Leon! I was thinking to myself, I wonder if she is on stockies hahaha. Good on you Snoopy! :)

6. myyky

myyky Well-known Member

Haha, Natty, you've got no excuse not to say hi next time then :p

Needanswers, thanks for letting me borrow it!! I'd left my grooming bag in the car (which was gone) so had a dripping pony on my hands. You were the girl with the glasses then, I suppose? I knew I'd seen you somewhere before (Murray Hack day a few months ago I think)

Snoopydoo, hope Georgia is ok.. Was yours the 13-14hh grey pony that cantered over to the toilets? I kind of helped catch him, hes lovely! Despite not having a rider.. :/ At least she got back on and did the rest of the course :)

7. Orlaithe

Orlaithe Well-known Member

Well done to Murray PC it was well run!
    Congrats to everyone who had some successes and milestones out there today!

Miss Hopey did wonderfully in the SJ with a clear 65cm and one rail 80cm (I tried to jump on the outside lead, thought I'd see if she could do it) I jumped mostly C grade in the XC but we did a few B grades too! I was especially thrilled with the steps to the chevron and the water jumps!

8. Natty and Nell Forever

Natty and Nell Forever Well-known Member

Of course Myyky! I will definately see you!

9. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

Haha knew it was you this morning Amanda, just wasn't sure if it was you at the wash bays. I was trying to be quick with washing so I could go change pants! Bess had other ideas and decided she'd take foreverrrrr to roll!

10. needanswers

Yep I'm the short loud blonde one with glasses. Today I had two helper jobs - first one was gear check for XC - second one was to yell at people who were congesting the water jump....

I was going to go over and have a chat when I saw you waiting with Pepper for your ride home but it was all systems go to pack the truck and as we left I saw your ride coming in :)

ETA At the Murray hack day I was cr@pping myself at doing the 80cm jump round... and ended up doing the 90cm too which made my heart stop. It makes me smile to know that every time I ride my boy we are forming more of a bond and building some trust which enables us to go higher and faster (even having a gallop for first time yesterday).

Last edited: Jul 24, 2011
  11. myyky

myyky Well-known Member

Ahh ok, NA :) Will definately have a chat to you next time! :D

12. snoopydoo

snoopydoo Well-known Member

No Mykyy, she was on a bay. Bloomin pony was suppossed to be a schoolmaster type and she's 29!!! She's still sound enough to go round xc though, once in a while. The incident was just unlucky - inexperienced rider.

13. needanswers

WOW 29!!! That's terrific only a well looked after pony would still have it in them to go round XC

14. myyky

myyky Well-known Member

Ahh ok, didn't see it then. Gotta love the oldies :p Hope your daughter isn't too sore in the morning.

15. cupcake

cupcake Well-known Member

SUCH AN AWSOME DAY!

I thought my day couldnt get better after my horse went on the float with no problems! (just spent alot of money float training, and worth every cent!)

But, day got better and better and better.

Did 45cm, he was super! Bit easy though for trianda, hes such a good little jumper. Felt confident so also did 65cm. Superstar! Need to think about giving myself a bit more room turning into jumps, making sure I have a couple of strides straight before the jump, which I know to do, but some times nerves and "having fun" get the better and you forget some things.

XC I wasnt sure about because I have only ever jumped 2 jumps at an XC clininc, and that was our first time... but went for it, Trianda LOVED it... usually I get yelled at... "more forward ... more .... " But deffinatly didnt need it for XC, he had lots of "go get em" today and his brave pants on hehe. Even tried some bigger jumps, was so much fun! I had a grin ear to ear the whole way... if anyone heard "WHOOOHOOO" alot around 1pm, that was me on the XC course lol.

Anyway, wattle managed to catch a few snaps of me doing 45cm (thanks wattle :) ) I got a vid of 65, will load it up when kelly sends it to me :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and I think im just chilling in this one with bess and lauren.. bess put your ears forward!

[​IMG]

16. cass

cass Active Member

well i had a awesome day.... enjoyed it and my horse was good...

my partner thought it was great as he got to use his 4wd to pull out the truck and gooseneck that got stuck...

17. cass

cass Active Member

who was the photoghraphy,.... JG ??

18. myyky

myyky Well-known Member

Yup :) Don't think anyone else was there. Not sure about the bigger SJ ring though

19. needanswers

I didn't see anyone taking snaps in the big ring but that doesn't mean someone wasn't!!!

I've had a shower and realised I've sprained my ankle... yay... can't walk on it or put any weight on it at all. Great job after walking around on it all arvo then taking dogs for a walk when I got home!!

20. SpArTiAn

SpArTiAn Well-known Member

we had a good day, didnt start off so well in warm up area... was Brucies first time out and was a little nervous and wanted to be with his friend :rolleyes: so we ran a few ppl over SORRY. but was fine when he got in the ring and wasn't bothered by anything. XC he is just so honest, will give anything a go even if hes not 100% sure, jumped all D grade jumps.

Well done Leon on your 65 round! you did so well!