Murray XC/SJ Training Day 2

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by myyky, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Leon

Leon Well-known Member

Hehe, yep we have chickened out.. he is definately a hunter build but not working well enough for me to take into a hack ring just yet, still need to work on flexion..

Are you going Sorrell?:)

2. Sorrel

Sorrel Well-known Member

He looks like he is working well in the photos, you should go. Good luck for Murray though :)

Not competing as we have done official, would like to watch but will be working at Karratha for the weekend. Will cross fingers and toes for Lakota, photos are compulsory Lauren ;)

3. snoopydoo

snoopydoo Well-known Member

I walked the course with my daughter today. Thanks to casperjesse for showing us the way around. There's nothing too scary so hopefully they'll get round in 1 piece. Getting excited but nervous too :)*

4. Lakota

Lakota Well-known Member

Hehe Sorrel no I am definitely going! Am very lucky - am going to have the best cheer squad there!! **)

Looking forward to tomorrow - will see everyone there! :)

5. ellechim69

ellechim69 Guest

Hey guys i will be there with my camera, I will have a West Coast Eagles cap on and a brown jacket comes see me if you want me to take some pics I will probs be at the water jump from 8 and then at sj from 830 and then back to water jump and then home after lunch to watch the derby wooohhhooooo

6. myyky

myyky Well-known Member

I'll be sure to come and see you Michelle :D

7. cupcake

cupcake Well-known Member

Ohh getting excited now, and getting butterflies too!

Jumped tri today just for 20 min, and gez... forsome reason he thought the jumps here 1.20 not just 60cm. managed to stay on but didnt ease my nerves for tomorrow.

Ill just give it my best shot.

See you all tomorrow... get a good night sleep and tomorrow is going to be a great day :)

8. myyky

myyky Well-known Member

I had SO MUCH FUN! :)
    Only did one round of SJ as I just wasn't feeling it.. Plus we BROKE A POLE in the warm-up arena.. Oops!

Did my first XC with AnnieIvy, and I was so tired for some reason, couldn't be bothered even trotting most of it. But I went over all the E grade jumps except the log that had the drop after it.

Just after I'd finished my first round with Annie, they called out that there was 10-15minutes until they closed the XC course. So poor Pepper got bridled again and had to go out, this time alone.. He was a good pony. Somehow all my energy came back for this round, and we kept up a nice forwards trot A bit cautious at some of the jumps but I kept my legs on and he was fine. Even got him in the water! (This is the horse that hateees water) And went for a canter on the only dry spot of the whole course, behind the cattle yard thingys.

I didn't get any XC photos :( But saw James taking some of my FAIL sj, so will have some soonish.

Sorry for the novel! I went over like 45 jumps and didn't fall off!!!

9. AnnieIvy

AnnieIvy Well-known Member

haha it was a good day :D
    Did you end up doing the drop though Myyky??

I had a really good day, Buzz was really sluggish in warmup for SJ and refused the practice ones a few times so had to go over them till he wasn't hesitating.
    My round was very good, Buzz started to do this really big trot at which I could barely rise to lol came so far out of the saddle rising to it.
    But he jumped all the jumps and didn't hesitate :D

XC was very good, first round wen with Myyky, did some D grade jumps but some of them looked really scary so just did E, walked and trotted it mainly, did the drop at water :D hes so brave now lol
    walks straight into water.
    Second round I literally did right after, (first round was pretty much a warmup anyway) went with my friend Amy.
    Did all D grade jumps except the zig zaggy one and the Murray jump (that one is just plan scary), my heart was in my throat at some of them, but still did them :D
    cantered some of it
    he tried to buck me off just before the picture frame silly horse think he just got a wee bit excited lol as he was going in for it really fast so I slowed him down next thing I know were bouncing up and down up and down then big one in the back, stayed on, had to do it again though

Very good day throughly enjoyed it :D

10. myyky

myyky Well-known Member

Nah, I don't think I'll ever do it on him.. Not any faster than a walk anyway. He's already on the forehand, and it was slippery.. I could imagine him doing the 'front splits' and tumbling down the hill.. Eeek.

You did really well Annie :) Thanks for holding back and doing the first one with me!

Last edited: Jul 24, 2011
  11. dramaqueen

dramaqueen Well-known Member

Our ponies did really well today :) Was only yesterday that we decided to swap Bear into the mix :) Only knocked a rail in SJ on Lady, but she is still learning. And she was very brave out on the cross country for her first time :)

Took Bear out after lunch on the XC by himself and jumped mostly C Grade, 2 D (one the water jump)and a B Grade log. Very impressed with him, even jumped straight into the water without looking :) One refusal on the zigzag jump, but went over it after I turned him around :)

12. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

Myyky you did really well :)
    Buzz is looking fantastic Annie.
    Lakota, hope you're feeling ok :(
    Leon, you did fantasticcccc! :D onwards and upwards!
    Casper&Jesse, I know I always say it.. but Brennin is amazing, I hope you're feeling a bit better about Peel now.
    Kylie :D Well done, sounds like you're hooked ;) Seeya at Peel! (oh and thanks for lending me a pair of pants ;))

13. myyky

myyky Well-known Member

You didn't say anything about Bess!!! :p

Thanks though :D

14. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

Bessy pony was soooo good today. Such a huge improvement on last weekend!

2 clear show jumping rounds, still need to work on steering, she likes to 'nap' towards the gate (where Stanny is!). It's my fault, I lose my outside rein and let her run through her shoulder. She's such an honest little horse.

Cross Country.. hmm haha.
    Walked it and noted how slippery it was, even said to Leon that I'm a bit worried about Bess slipping and putting her back out.
    First half of the course was fantastic! :D She cantered a long (really forwards but listening), jumped all the jumps I asked, even did the C grade drop of the helipad).. slowed her to a really slow trot to go through the gate (which was under water).. she lost her footing and went down, face first, on both front legs. I went flying and landed directly in front of her front legs on my butt. She is SUCH a legend, stood there and let me use her neck to get back up.. Checked all her legs and she was fine just a little upset. Stood still while I hauled myself back on (haha thanks Colin for the help!).. Did 2 strides of trot and over the double.. did the rest of the jumps no problem.. Walked between most the end jumps as I was winded and couldn't breathe, was also a bit worried she'd slip and hurt herself.

So glad she's ok.. god it was slippery! Don't think I'll do xc there next time during the wetter months. Fantastic event as usual, thanks Murray @)

15. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

Haha, thought I'd make double posts :)
    James got a fantastic shot of my SATURATED beige jods, and black @ss, standing next to Bess, who is covered in mud (all up her front legs, muzzle and face!).

16. myyky

myyky Well-known Member

bahahaha awesome, I swear you plan to fall off near James :p

17. Natty and Nell Forever

Natty and Nell Forever Well-known Member

Hey guys! Had so much fun today, learnt alot on my new one. Only had him a month and just wanted a nice happy day out with him. :)

Was feeling pretty good for sj and once we got into the ring he fired up and was ready to attack the course. Got around clear (65cm) but I wanted a bit more control which I can now work on. Learnt so much today!

XC he is a machine! Love love loves it! I was determined that he would walk and trot the 1st round. So we walked out of the start box and around a couple of jumps, then trotted a couple then back to walk to make him listen, and listen he did.

By the end of that round I had the biggest smile on my face, he is so much fun to take XC! Launched himself into the water (getting me soaked haha) and listened to me so much more.

2nd round was even better, did most of the c grade jumps, b grade stairs, c grade water. Super happy with my man!

If anyone got any pics I was on a chestnut with a big blaze and wearing baldivis shirt and red saddle blanket.

Big thankyou to Murray PC what a great event!!

Caught up with Cait and her mum, Lauren, Annie, Pretty sure I saw mykky at the wash bay but not sure hahaha

Cannot wait to see James's pics!

18. myyky

myyky Well-known Member

Natty, I was there riiight at the end of the day, wearing a light purple top and blue jods.

I think you may have overtaken me in your second XC as well, at the helipad? Did you do it in the last 10 minutes before they unflagged the course? :)

19. needanswers

needanswers Well-known Member

BA HAHHA I was worried doing the 95cm.. shouldn't have bothered - he went round fine. Pulled a rail in 80cm (my fault) and then clear 95cm so took him over the 1.05 to see what he'd do and I think he went really well.

So he knocked a rail I think on 3?? and came in too deep into the double and lost his head and knocked a rail and then ducked out of the second fence putting me on my ass ROFL (literally). So I got back on and took him over 5 again and he jumped the double no issues. He refused 9 first time round but I wasn't feeling very confident (BIG JUMP!!) so second time round he got over it.

Very happy with his XC got around the C/B grade jumps fine. Very pleased with him overall since he has been jumping since Jan.

20. Natty and Nell Forever

Natty and Nell Forever Well-known Member

Myyky, yeahh that was you! Sorry I didn't say hi I was trying to work out if it was you or not hahaha. Maybe, I can't remember overtaking anyone so may not have been me but hey I go blank after XC so it could have been hahaha!