Murray SJ/XC Training Day

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by SpArTiAn, Jul 10, 2010.

1. SpArTiAn

SpArTiAn Well-known Member

apart from landing on my ass twice... i was still pretty happy with how my two went. Rebel was a bit off with the fairies and kept neighing to her friend back at the float, in her sj ended up with 2 or 3 rails from 2 rounds of 65cm so was stoked! Hunter just got 1 rail from 2 rounds of 80cm.
    Reb jumped clear XC but i stacked it near the sunken road, she did a massive shy which i just could not stick to haha its a lonnnnng way down. hopped back on and she was great
    Hunter pulled like a train the whole way, jumped great until the steps/chevron and decided he didn't want a bar of it and parted company. got up, hopped back on, got over it and kept going lol.

would love photos if you have any Jodie :D

2. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

Hahaha, well I feel your pain! My legs ache!.. My jump saddle is getting fitted on Friday thank goodness.

I had so much fun today :) Love Murrays course, and Sharon runs the day so well

3. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

eventingchild, your Mum is lovely :)

Lakota, sorry, I don't have any :(

cait, I have a few of you, and all of them will go on my FB tomorrow **)

Roleysgirl, I think I have you in 1:05 SJ....but the clarity is a bit off.....will upload for you :)

4. Shiralee

Shiralee Well-known Member

Thank you Wattle and Ellechim69 for the awesome pics, had a lovely day ,weather was brilliant and caught up with lots of pple, Thanks again to Siri. Rumour always manages to make me smile. Always knew she could do it!
    Well done Jess, nicely done today. You and Bear are really looking good together.
    Lauren you finally got those pesky old nerves well and truly beaten, looking very relaxed and happy these days.
    Wattle watching you today was sooo much fun and made me more determend to join you out there as soon as I can!

5. Leon

Leon Well-known Member

Had a great day... my young boy continues to surprise me. He did so well, was a bit jumpy at the start but no nastiness/dirty tricks. SJ went well, a few cat leaps but more canter and only one rail down- better then four at Log Fence:)

XC was awesome- no refusals and cantered most of the way, so honest. I could pull him up so easily and I felt comfortable that he was going to nick off on me..

Lauren- No worries at all, I am just glad that Bess is ok and didn't hurt herself- she is an awesome horse, I love her to bits and so does Leon!! Leon is a pretty chilled out dude so he wasn't that worried.

Lakota- I watched your SJ round and then went to tack up and didn't bump into you for the rest of the day... will catch up next time. Vegas looked great SJ- so cool, calm and collected.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2010
  6. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

Yepp :) So happy aye..
    I think thats why I had SO much fun today.. I've been feeling confidenter and confidenter, however have still been slightly nervous before xc, had jumps i've been worried about.. Well today I had nooo nerves at all.. and I wasn't worried about any jumps.. I had an absolute ball :D

7. Leon

Leon Well-known Member

Oh and I forgot--- thanks heaps to Shiralee for the use of her cheek strap!!:) I put the bridle back together and Lauren has it. It has taught me to take a spare bridle with me!!!! I have everything else spare but a bridle.

Thanks heaps, without that I wouldn't have been able to do XC:)

8. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope that's you :eek:

9. SpArTiAn

SpArTiAn Well-known Member

thanks Jodie :D any of my boy pony?? or just Rebel?

10. Leon

Leon Well-known Member

Hehe Lauren I think Bess got rid of your nerves on the float trip down- don't think you would have had any left after that*#)

Leon got rid of mine, stepping on his bridle... what a crazy day, at least we all came out of it ok... A few lessons learnt today

11. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

Awww thanks.. I was more worried about your very expensive float and horse hahahaha :p Leon did so awsome :)

12. Natty and Nell Forever

Natty and Nell Forever Well-known Member

Hahaha thanks yeah speed demon he was :)

sorry to ask but who are you?

13. eventingchild

eventingchild Well-known Member

being nervous before cross country is normal!!!
    I didnt get nervous at all for showjumping, but defintly had butterflies before xc!

14. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

I wasn't nervous today hahaha.. I was like yayyyy xc.. :p Even counted myself down hahaha.. hoping to go up to D grade soon..

15. Leon

Leon Well-known Member

Awesome piccies!!! Wondering if you have any of me as I didn't have my camera charged today... I was on a big bay, green jods and a white top, riding around the same time as Lauren in 45cm... thanks for looking:)

16. dramaqueen

dramaqueen Well-known Member

was a very good day, managed to fall in the xc warm up, but got back on and kinda did a little hoon in the xc to get the bugs out. No refusals was good. and was so proud that we jumped into the water first shot after refusing going in water twice this week. Thanks Shiralee for the stirrups, they are now in the crate in the shed, sorry i forgot to give them back.

17. dramaqueen

dramaqueen Well-known Member

and we did c,d,e grade on the cross country which is an improvement, we got home today, mum and i looked at our barrel jump and laughed at how small it was :p

18. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

Sorry Leon :( Doesn't seem to be any of you. Maybe next time :D

19. Shiralee

Shiralee Well-known Member

No worries, i must have been a scout in a previous life hey lol! Always have a mobile tack room with me, ha I think the count today was, 1 cheek strap, a pair of stirrups, an entire saddle Lol oh and 1 crop! Just wish I had thought of batteries for my camera!

20. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

Can the person who borrowed my Medical Armband please get it back to me :( Just bought that new one this week #(