Mundijong sales

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Stockmans Farm, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Stockmans Farm

Stockmans Farm Active Member

Does anybody know when sales are on?

And also how u go about selling a horse there?

2. PINTO1980

PINTO1980 Gold Member

Not sure on the Sunday Auction but shouldnt be to far away..

With selling gear you just turn uup in the morning find a spot set up and sell.Normally someone will come around and collect the fee from you(about $10 i think).

With putting horse in auction again turn up fairly early 7am-10:30am if possible.Go to office they will tell you wat stall to put it in.

Next Wed is the 4th May

3. horsescomefirst

horsescomefirst Well-known Member

you dont pay a fee for selling saddles.

i sold three at the last auction, turn up, put them somewhere and there is usually people there to do the paperwork for you.

then they take $40 out of your cheque for their commission :D

just dont do what i did and go to SELL ONLY cos your cutting your horses back and BUY a horse!!!! LOL :p

4. PINTO1980

PINTO1980 Gold Member

U pay a fee if u set up a stall,i think that is what SF wants to do.

5. Leon

Leon Well-known Member

Do you pay a fee for selling a horse there?

6. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

they take a commission from the sale

7. Leon

Leon Well-known Member

Thanks elanda, so they take a particular percentage. I am not sure about selling my horse at the sales but unfortunately with feed the way it is I really need to either lease or sell him soon:(

8. nag

nag Well-known Member

last time few yrs bk i had to pay $25 to put horse in auction or u pay $50 for reserve so u can get the price but they also took percentage to, so best to call them to get correct details

9. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

I think it is now $25 to enter a horse, $60 or $65 to put a reserve price on the horse....and they take 20% commission as well.

10. cisco kristy

cisco kristy Well-known Member

do they sell chickes there:D

11. Leti loves Elmo

Leti loves Elmo Well-known Member

Does much gear/ rugs etc get sold there?

12. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

Yes :) Quite often for more than RRP lol *#)

13. Leti loves Elmo

Leti loves Elmo Well-known Member

Oh haha. Im hoping to find some 6/3 rugs. Does anyone know when the next one is? Or where I can find out?

14. Painted

Painted Active Member

@ cisco kristy
    They sell livestock and poultry on the 1st and 3rd wednesday of every month.
    I dont know when the next horse markets are but keep and eye on the saturday paper they always put an ad in there at the horse section when the next one is.

15. Painted

Painted Active Member

Saw this morning an add in the paper for the next horse markets @ mundijong on the 29th of may :)

16. myyky

myyky Well-known Member

Love Mundi :)

Leti Loves Elmo, sometimes theres lots, sometimes theres lots of crap! Haha, theres often plenty of large rugs there though :)
    There are some bargains.. Picked up two old but still in good nick saddles for $5ea, because nobody else wanted them! Hahaha

Leon, I hope you ride your boy if you send him there :) The ridden ones usually go into the high hundreds, sometimes 1000's if they good.. Whereas the unridden TB's usually only a few hundred.

17. Taryn

Taryn Well-known Member

I'm thinking of coming up this sunday to have a look as I've never been before. Saw the ad saturdays paper. Does anyone know the address so I don't get lost lol :)

18. beau

beau Well-known Member

A plug for Shio as I have seen that her mare Rabbit is going there if not sold before. Seriously if anyone is looking for a nice broodie she is lovely, easy to do anything with, produces lovely foals. I would hope that someone buys this lovely mare.

19. myyky

myyky Well-known Member

Nobody is allowed to buy any 6ft or 6ft 3 rugs ok? They're mineeeee -_-

Nah I kid.. Just let me have one! Haha

20. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

Roman Rd, Mundijong.....just follow it and you'll easily spot the market :)