Mundijong Horse Auction..

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by PINTO1980, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

Does anyone know who brought the Arab x Andalusian chestnut mare as I can tell them some info on her, they got the bargain of a century. Also, anyone know who brought the lovely spanish Andalusian gelding?

2. Charlie1

Charlie1 Well-known Member

The other mare I stayed and seen the first mare go but not the second one
    Cheers Jade

3. PINTO1980

PINTO1980 Gold Member

So the bigger mare....She sold for $950 to a stockie member...she is a sweet mare...

4. Nicky6065

Nicky6065 New Member

As this was our first horse auction (we did not buy anything) were the sale prices on the dear side or cheapish as some of the horses had papers , I thought they were reasonable prices. Most of the horses looked in ok condition, some work needing for all the horses though.
    I like the Paints & Buckskin colt was nice too my favorite was the Andalusian ,welsh riding pony. The 2 chestnut horses that were in riden in did they get sold as they were passed in at $1200 or so

5. PINTO1980

PINTO1980 Gold Member

the prices were up and down & every auction is different...

The last auction a week ago an unreg Arab gelding went for $7000,another went for $4000..

So it just depends who is there and want they want(and willing to spend).

6. Toyz

Toyz Well-known Member

What happend to the clyde mare and foal? the guy that bought the mare was trying to buy the foal so they could go together as it was way to young to be weaned (my thoughts) but another guy kept bidding was like wtf hope they sorted something out so they could be together abit longer!!:eek: and the poor orphan clyde foal :(

7. PINTO1980

PINTO1980 Gold Member

the 2 mares with foals at foot all ended up going together..Down to bussleton..:) so happy ending for them.

8. Toyz

Toyz Well-known Member

aww thats great news!!**)

9. OBHH

OBHH Well-known Member

Im glad to see that the horses were sold and HOPE that they have gone to wonderful homes BUT..................
    i think its very sad that people will not pay 2-3K for a well bred horse from show quality proven correctly conformed stock from a breeder but will happily pay the same price for an often unreg badly conformed inbred horse from an auction.:confused:
    Im sorry but most of those horses at the auction were over priced.

But each to their own, i hope the horses give you lots of happy years and enjoyment.
    But i think our breeders need to be supported first.
    Not the type of people that these horses came from.!!!!!

10. Ali

Ali Well-known Member

I agree OBHH, for what those horses sold for ( I didn't go but got told) there are good quality horses advertised every day on here and the other site and at least you can get to ask the owners questions and see it ridden etc. Just doesn't make any sense to me :(. At least the one good thing out of it is that those horses will be in better homes now.

11. PINTO1980

PINTO1980 Gold Member

These horses didnt start with any price tag on them.....at the end of the day a horse is only worth wat the next person is willing to pay for it...Especially in todays market unfortunately....

But i do agree that there r lovely horses out there not selling and it is a shame.

12. samm

samm Gold Member

Have to agree OBHH.I don't think people take into account the costs involved in getting these horses back into condition.Yep they may have paid a few hundred for it but by the time they pump thousands of dollars worth of feed through it ,is it really such a bargain?
    Makes me think maybe I should starve a few ,put them through the sales and get what I want for them anyway(said in all jest of course).
    Yes I know I bought a mare from the sales a few weeks ago but that was only because I owned the mare previously otherwise I wouldn't have done it.

13. uno

uno Guest

this auction played on peoples heart strings. For the past several weeks there has been stories going around about the "herd " of neglected ponies ,horses and foals in mundijong.. and people wanted to help these unfortunate animals,thankfully all the horses are now in safe hands. But what about the next bunch of neglected horses? and there will be as sure as day follows night ,there will be

14. sil

sil Gold Member

Well hopefully they, too, go to good new homes.

15. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

I have to disagree (of course :p). Clydie X's from good (no wait, RESPONSIBLE) breeders...and some with as little Clydie as those yesterday....can go for $6000+. If that horse is going on to be a pleasure hack, trail horse, endurance horse or eventer...bloodlines are not so critical. So to pick up an unreg one with bad condition but good conformation for $2000 is a bargain.

Another example I saw there yesterday: Person wanting to pick up a cheap bloodline. Horse was in ok condition, price was 1/4 what Market price would be....and he saved himself the cost of transport from the eastern states? So that is some pretty good/clever buying really?

It doesn't matter which sale it is lol...we always come back to this place - complaining and congratulating lol :D

16. Toyz

Toyz Well-known Member

Pitty most of the mares were running with that stallion (RINGO) otherwise would have put a bid on a couple!! never mind wasn't ment to be:)

17. Arab Lover

Arab Lover Well-known Member

hi all
    did anyone happen to see the name of the arab colt, chestnut sabino:)

18. cruise 99

cruise 99 Active Member

sure did , he was such a beautiful boy, if we didnt have 2 stallions already we would have happily taken him home.

AHS: Horse Details

19. Arab Lover

Arab Lover Well-known Member

thanks
    i so wanted him but had to stop bidding

20. citygirl

citygirl Gold Member

you are so bad ! :p

Cheers
    Lee