Mundijong Horse Auction..

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by PINTO1980, Mar 15, 2010.

1. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

I liked the arab chestnut stallion for looks anyway, the STB a stockyard member bought was quite pretty and a nice colour, and the one with the hogged mane was one of the nicer ones there too. Ringo had been quite a busy stallion though with most of the mares in foal to him :(

I too couldn't believe the prices

2. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

Where do the horses get kept while they're waiting to be picked up ?
    Often people aren't able to take them that day so just curious as to where they stay till their lift arrives ???
    Please don't tell me they stay at the sale yards in those concrete floored pens.

3. Happypaint

Happypaint Well-known Member

Well Gamblin & Mr Happypaint teamed up again and bought the dapple grey TB mare. She is a real sweetheart and should do really well with some TLC. She is on her way to Toodyay to get fattened up and will become a much loved riding horse/broody for Gamblin's daughter. :)

Starting to think I will have to ban Gamblin & Mr Happypaint from going to the auctions together........they get norty!!! *#)

[​IMG]

4. bubblez

bubblez Well-known Member

I was quite shocked at the prices a lot of the horses were going to! There were some nice animals there, looking under the exterior atm. Was sooooooo many people there! And am so tired now!!!

5. sil

sil Gold Member

We have two new horses :) Travelled fine and they are eating and drinking in their new paddocks.

6. rpmm

rpmm New Member

SIL did you buy the saddlebred mares? I only saw the first chestnut go through but with some TLC she will be a lovely mare.

7. PINTO1980

PINTO1980 Gold Member

well done to everyone on their purchases,hope they all work out for you...

The nice chestnut Sabino Arab Colt seems to have gone to a nice home..She plans on gelding him & using him as a riding horse.

8. sil

sil Gold Member

rpmm; yes we bought the first two Saddlebred mares; one is purebred the other is half Arabian.

9. Que

Que New Member

Did anyone see/know who bought the appy mule? I really wanted him but missed him :(

10. rpmm

rpmm New Member

Good luck with them SIL. I would love to see a pic of the chestnut when she has had some TLC.

11. magic_kiss

magic_kiss Active Member

did any one buy anything if so lets see some picys :)*
    (Did anyone buy the appymare)

12. Babe the standy ROCKS

Babe the standy ROCKS Well-known Member

I liked the appy mule too. If I was going to bid on any of them, that`s the one I would have wanted.

13. KBS

KBS Well-known Member

I bought both Jennies, who have gone to 2 different homes. They are going to be looked after now and seem to have sweet natures.
    I just bought rugs for myself.

14. wheatbeltanimalrescue

wheatbeltanimalrescue Well-known Member

Unfortunately they do - BUT i am heading off super early in the morning so i can get there and pick him up and get him out of there!!!

15. chante306

chante306 Well-known Member

Does anyone know what the sulky went for?

I wish I had the room to take home the grey andy mare
    would love to see pics of the mares Sil once theyve had a bit of lovin

16. paula223

paula223 Gold Member

The Silky didnt go
    But said they would take private sale as bidding didnt reach what they wanted

17. paula223

paula223 Gold Member

I got home from there and just jumped in pool lol
    Got alittle burnt but ok now i got in freezing water lol
    nice to meet some different faces :)
    And Jodie & Nikki i didnt use my lmfao that much hehehe

18. chante306

chante306 Well-known Member

how much do they want and do you know the sellers
    I have a friend v interested in it :)

19. sil

sil Gold Member

Yep I think they will polish up all right, gave the purebred mare a bute 'n' molasses sammich tonight as the sore leg is giving her a bit of gyp.

They were both great, went straight onto the float and stood like rocks all the way home.

We also picked up a magic breed alarm with a couple of cameras.

I'm really tired, sunburnt and happy.

20. samm

samm Gold Member

The reserve was $2000.The bid got to $1800 and was passed in.