Mundijong Horse Auction..

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by PINTO1980, Mar 15, 2010.

1. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

I am going to look for a particular filly who might just be there. She was noticeably absent tonight from the paddock where she had been up until recently :(

I hope she is at the sale...the other options are just...not nice :(

2. paula223

paula223 Gold Member

Hey Jodie
    think me Shell & Lois coming down :)

3. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

YAY :D Hope spud lady is there :D

4. paula223

paula223 Gold Member

lmao she better be there :D:D

5. Gemgem

Gemgem Well-known Member

I may come down if I have time. I will be in my grubby yellow RDA t-shirt so feel free to introduce yourself if you see me :)

6. chante306

chante306 Well-known Member

Ill be down there for a look
    leaving in half an hour
    i have bright red short hair..cant miss me lol

7. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

I am going down as my aunt is looking at buying. *chants* "I will keep my hands down when the purebred Andalusians are being auctioned, I will, I will, I will!"

8. Teddie1980

Teddie1980 Well-known Member

there wasn't much there :confused:

9. Babe the standy ROCKS

Babe the standy ROCKS Well-known Member

Lots of people though! And cars and floats, really busy.
    So who bought what?

10. Debonair

Debonair Well-known Member

we went and had a look, i need some rugs and left a friend to bid for me ( fingers X'd) couple nice horses, but after working there for 2 yrs i am pretty good at not bidding cause i have enuf horses! did anyone see what the chestnut arab stallion/colt went for - he was stunning!!!

11. sollywolly

sollywolly Well-known Member

i would love to know who brought the 2yr paint Clydesdale cross, she was just a sweetie, love to know if she went to a great home, and what their plans are for hew, she is going to be big and beautiful when she grows up,

12. arylin

arylin Well-known Member

Was that one of the first ones that went through and sold for around $1900?

13. sollywolly

sollywolly Well-known Member

yes she was,

14. paula223

paula223 Gold Member

Think the Colt went for around $1900 (chestnut) He was Gorgeous**)
    lots of people there
    Bloody Hot

15. notickets

notickets Well-known Member

Stacks of people, yeah that arab stallion was stunning!
    There were a couple of really really nice looking horses there too. Hope some stockies bought something to tell us about!

16. Tallarook

Tallarook Well-known Member

I have been down there for a sticky, well i just am blown away at the prices people were paying for these indiscriminitive bred horses.

To me it was a prime example of what not to breed and i hope and can only hope they all go to good homes and dont get bred on from again.

There were a few horses from different vendors who were well presented, well fed and looked after - they were fine.

I cant believe people will pay around the 2K mark for something that looks a bit different, yet the lovely chestnut bloke who came out under saddle - hogged mane could only scratch up $1300......

This bloke would have come away from this sale with a nice pay cheque, seems sad considering these were his better conditioned horses. I hope people can see the light and consider what and why the breed horses - a prime example today of how it can all go wrong :(

17. Debonair

Debonair Well-known Member

me and a friend were laughing at them auctioning the little black arab "colt" - we kept yelling - its a gelding! but ken thought we were bidding!

hope the person that bought him didnt expect another 2 stone!

18. beau

beau Well-known Member

Thought the same - the prices were very high for unpapered horses.

19. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

Well the catching up with everyone was great :D **)

The sale #( What a motley bunch! That little Arab bloke was very nice to look at....but he did have some lumpy issues :eek: I really liked the youngster on the blue roan mare tho....definitely wanted to take him home (but NO room *#))

As for the welsh in foal to the donkey :mad:

20. wheatbeltanimalrescue

wheatbeltanimalrescue Well-known Member

My hubbys mate bought one of the nice stockhorses from a private seller towards the end BUT it gets to come live live with us **)
    When i get some pics and permission from his new owner to post them i will do! Heading down to pick him up in the next day or 2!