motivation

Discussion in 'Open Discussions' started by Murray, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Murray

Murray Well-known Member Staff Member

being somewhat of a gym junkie these days I watch the occasional motivation vid and thought this one might motivate some members in their own life endeavours. :)

cheers

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2015
  2. Fat Tiger

Fat Tiger Active Member

Body building is definately not my thing and I find some of those bodies really unattractive but the video has a really good message and I can still admire the work and dedication that goes in to getting a body like that!
    :)

Would love to hear some motivational quotes from others! Here's mine....

You can't expect to see changes unless you make them!

3. JustJam

JustJam Well-known Member

Wish I had the motivation to watch it *#)

Actually, videos like that just make me realise how slack I am - quite depressing really! :lol:

4. GeeJay

GeeJay Guest

I was married to one of them for 20 years and that was his only motivation :lol: drove me nuts and cost a fortune.
    Cheers

5. old_mate

old_mate Well-known Member

Yep, a competion body builder cost a heap in food and spends alot of time getting fake tans and looking in mirrors. I went out with one for a while I would have hated to be married to one.
    I found that I did not like being with a man who spent more time getting waxed and made pretty than I did. (also the little sparkley posing pouches put me right off)

6. Murray

I agree om it is all a bit too much but I do find working out in the gym is by far the best for me in trying to keep in shape.:) It is interesting that you make the point on how expensive it is. In comparison I think horse riding and the keeping of a horse(s) is somewhat more expensive.:D

cheers

7. izzy2512

izzy2512 Gold Member

Haha I was about to say, I bet a lot of husbands have said this about their wife and horses!

8. Oldhack77

Oldhack77 Gold Member

I Changed from showring to bodybuilding stage ... Thanks for your opinion oldmate :) alot of the time it's a bodybuilders partner who cannot handle their partner having the drive and dedication but in the final stages we have no choice to be selfish.... Horse people should understand bodybuilding more than you realise..... But each to their own opinion

Frankly, it is cheaPer than horses but no different to prepping and turning out a top show horse .... Best part is I'm better at bodybuilding than I was at showing horses and even now have an International Title under my belt for Natural Bodybuilding :)))

Good to hear you are enjoying the gym Murray! It's a good Addiction!

9. Spider n Toby

Spider n Toby Gold Member

Here is the amazing Oldhack - my number one inspiration :) Not only that but she's competed alongside my strength coach who only has the nicest things to say about her... horses are DEFINITELY more expensive. Haha
    [​IMG][/URL][/img]

10. Spider n Toby

Oh crap the picture won't go up!! HAHAA help anyone?!

[​IMG]

admin was here:)

11. old_mate

Not really more expensive than horses...but it would depend how you did it.
    Prices from ex boyfriend in 1999
    Food $180 to $190
    Personal trainer between $60-$90 depending on how many appointments
    Tanning once a week non show $30 twice show week $60
    Legal muscle boosters $40-$60
    Illegal enhancers $40-$100.00 depending on what is in fashion and for sale
    Gym membership $18.00 per week
    Full body wax every two weeks $65.00
    Baby oil (cause then you can really see your def ) approx two weeks $9.00
    Never mind interstate travel and hotels and comp fees!
    Big difference to drinking shakes and lifting weights to make your arms bigger, but that is how it started.

I know you don't have to wax every two weeks but he did anyway

12. Murray

good to hear from you oh77 and I am addicted but you know how it works around here.:) you can't say something like this without the pics.:D
    cheers

13. Spider n Toby

I'm trying to put the pics up admin!! How do you do it?

[​IMG]

14. old_mate

I am sure that a sane body builder would be great but the gent I was talking about was really quite extreme in his methods.
    He was not in the fitness side of things he was into the bulk.

15. old_mate

The drugs that some builders use to get bulk fast can cause a lot of issues, personalities change.
    Apart from grumpiness during the fasting before the comp stage as a natural body builder I would hope that the rest of the time it would be life as normal mood wise.

16. Murray

yes om, I know this sort of fella - one huge male ego and a legend in their own lunch time. the people I have met (men and women) at the gym over the years have all been pretty good and know their limitations.**)

cheers

17. Murray

big congratulations oh77, you look amazing!!**)**)

cheers

18. Playin With Fire

Playin With Fire Well-known Member

I worked at a gym before I came up to Barrow and I have a HUGE admiration for the effort that goes into comp prepping. It requires a level of dedication and strength that I wish I could channel even a teeny eeny weeny bit for myself. Sure it's not for everyone but credit where credit is due. The sacrifices and self control that is necessary is completely mind blowing!! Oh77 you are absolutely stunning!!

19. Sugar's Mum

Sugar's Mum Gold Member

I cant help but shake my head at the incongruity between oldhacks name and her photo.

You need a new avatar name oldhack. something like beautifully sculpted would fit better :) I would be very very pleased with a body like that and I have no doubt at all it takes huge blood sweat adn tears to get it.

20. Premier

Premier Well-known Member

Oldhack you look HOT :) not that you didn't look great before but that is just fantastic.

Need some motivation lately, I'm in struggle town after losing 20kg last year, I need to get rid of the last 5kgs.

Might need to set myself a new challenge.