More Vet Bills "photos are a bit yukky"

Discussion in 'Horse Management' started by Gamblin Paint Bred, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Gamblin Paint Bred

Gamblin Paint Bred Well-known Member

I wish it was the other end too more floppy skin to stitch, the wound is about the size of my hand give or take a bit.
    I have zappy fence everywhere and he hurts himself in his cubby silly horse.

Thankyou everyone for you well wishes I really appreciate the support.:)*

2. Gamblin Paint Bred

Heheheheheheheheheh mineees your norty.:p
    Yes Bobby has a very sore botty.:(
    I am washing two times a day (more if I can) with a mild solution of Dettol, then a few sprays of Centrigen (purple paint for us oldies) then I am mixing some Centrigen with Potties White ointment and wiping it around the wound not on it around it as it seems to keep the flies away and stops the stuff that the body makes to fix itself from getting on his fur and burning it off (apparently).
    I think I have paid my vets wages for the year now or at least a hefty Christmas bonus lol. They asked if I would like them to set up a room in one of the stables. Cheeky buggers but they have been fantastic I couldn't have asked for better.

3. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Ur norty mineees! :D

silly sms speak, lol :p

4. HorseSlave

HorseSlave Well-known Member

Ya know, the same thought has crossed my mind! :)*

5. HorseSlave

HorseSlave Well-known Member

On my psychic filly's leg wound I've been using Betadine, following by a filling of honey, then a spray of purple paint (darn, giving away my age again!) then covering with dry Animal Lintex. Also added some Jelonet to the mix today, so the Animal Lintex won't stick.

It's almost like cooking isn't it? Everyone has their own slightly different concoction :)

6. Gamblin Paint Bred

I so know where you are coming from never thought of it as cooking more like some medieval witch concocting some vial potion ( apparently I have the laugh down pat hehehehe) I have been trying to workout how to keep the honey in there as trying to bandage the area is a lesson in oragami, I think Bobby thinks I am trying to remove his special package (family jewels) I don't know why he thinks that I don't threaten removal that often. :p
    Poor little fella is real sore today I know it was hurting but I had to do it, and now it looks like I will have to take Denny (mini pony with broken jaw) back to the vet as his face has blown up again and it is very very hot, I don't understand as he is on ABs and I am so careful to keep everything as clean as possible. I better get the vet to set up that Stable/bedroom for me AAAARRRGGGGGGG*#)

7. abararka

abararka Well-known Member

i'm sorry that he is hurt. i hate it when something happens to my boy, i feel like i'm a bad mum and useless, but it's always just a waiting game with these little (and big) cheeky monkeys, hehe!!

they always get up to one thing or another don't they?

well good luck my darling.

@)

8. Gamblin Paint Bred

Sorry has been one of those days, I am still not too happy with Dennys face, will decide tonight if I am taking him back, vet gave some advice so will see if it has worked or not, Bobby is getting there, not to happy with how it is looking atm but it gets worse before it gets better apparently. Do have some good news though Dakota is doing really well with his float training, Tuesday he came out of the paddock for the first time down the driveway, got two feet in the float so pretty happy with that (all four on the ramp) took him off and called it a day, then yesty (Wednesday) same again but this time he went into the float all the way (we got Rosie to go on and off a few times) so we let him stand there and eat some of his dinner, I rattled the chains (wont tell you what OH said about that) banged the tailgate, patted his bottom, Dakotas not OH, and kept making noise and moving around behind him until he relaxed, then we took him off nice and slow and steady and straight. Today we are going to see if we can actually shut the tailgate, fingers crossed but we are in NO RUSH slow and steady wins the race hehehehehe:)*