More Vet Bills "photos are a bit yukky"

Discussion in 'Horse Management' started by Gamblin Paint Bred, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Gamblin Paint Bred

Gamblin Paint Bred Well-known Member

Well just when I thought my troubles were over look what my silly horse has gone and done.
    This is what we found when we go there yesty morning to feed up
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Gamblin Paint Bred

So off to the vets we go AGAIN and this is what it looked like after vets so Bobby is now out for the rest of the year. Sucks as he was just getting his groove going never mind thats horses for ya.
    These are after the vet.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

3. Maree4

Maree4 Gold Member

Thats nasty what the heck did he catch that on poor boy....

4. Gamblin Paint Bred

A tree branch apparently only thing we can find in the paddock and we think Mr Bobtail frightened him into it as we found him near the offending tree**)

5. Horsetalk

Horsetalk Well-known Member

OMG, hope it will heal nicely.:) Mr Bobtail should be paying the vet bill.

6. Ltd Edition Madcow

Ltd Edition Madcow Well-known Member

Ouch...Poor boy:(

Did a good job of it didn't he?!:(

7. Late Starter

Late Starter Well-known Member

That doesn't look too nice#( . These horses, I'd like to be a fence post sometime to see what they get up to. Looked after some horses whilst owner was a way and noticed one of the horses shoes was loose (initially just pulled a nail out that was sticking out but then ended up having to take whole shoe off). Noticed too that his rug was also torn on the rump so we think he's did something in the paddock (I was out all day at a show so don't have any idea what) and hurt himself as well (nothing serious and no open wound).

If only they could talk;) .

8. dirtbug

dirtbug Gold Member

ouch that looks nasty...

:(

poor boy that must of hurt majorly...

9. citygirl

citygirl Gold Member

Sorry to see your boy has hurt himself:(

Can we have after vet pics ??

please..so I can see a happy ending.**)

Cheers
    Lee

10. rmwgirl4eva

rmwgirl4eva Well-known Member

Sorry that your boy is hurt. I hope he heels well for you.

Cheers
    @) @) @) @) @) @)

11. naughtydog63

naughtydog63 Well-known Member

lol, city girl. Apparently they are after vet pics!! Nasty! Poor boy. That looks horrible. Ew!

12. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

Ooch that looks a bit sore, but I know where your coming from had a run down to the vets saturday night myself and a very healthy or maybe it's unhealthy bill at the end of it ...

I'm sure it'll heal fine, the before and afters can be quite amazing. Good luck with the healing process.

13. Caroline

Caroline Well-known Member

If the wound was/could be stitched, it will heal very well and leave minimal scarring.

14. HorseSlave

HorseSlave Well-known Member

At first glance I thought that was a cut on the front chest area and thought - what is she worrying about? It doesn't look all that big... Then I saw the tail and realised it was at the other end and the scale was just a bit bigger! Ouch!!

Isn't it amazing the capacity horses have for doing themselves damage? My horses are in a cotton wool wrapped paddock, with no rubbish or barbed wire, plastic capped posts, horse sighter wire everywhere and they manage to injure themselves on a regular basis. I have a good friend down the road whose fences are sagging ringlock, pickets and old junk and crumbling buildings all over the paddock... and her horses don't have a mark on them!!! aAARGH!!!

15. Caroline

Caroline Well-known Member

I sometimes wonder if horses learn to be more careful when there is more crap around???

16. Horsetalk

Horsetalk Well-known Member

LOL, Caroline I would not change to barbed wire, not worth a try.

17. Gamblin Paint Bred

Hi Caroline the vet said it was too late to stitch the wound but still believes it will heal well, so I am doing my best to keep it clean and the flies off and of course keep my fingers crossed hehehehe.

18. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Lol, i had a preg mare strip her hind leg, to the bone (it sadly never healed 100%).
    Plain wire, taunt, tight plain wire.

Our boundary fence consists of cattle mesh & 2 strands of barb, yet the fence is that high, not even the biggest horse i had here, 16.3hh, could lean over it.
    Never had any injuries from barb wire, i dont mind it as a top strand for boundary fences.

Ouchy Gamblin, he'd have a sore bum cheek!! :(

19. mineees

mineees Gold Member

oh poor bobby.:( .if its not one thing its another...you will partners with your vet soon Nat..:p ...how do you have to treat it?

20. mineees

mineees Gold Member

hehehe GPB and remaani we just had a threesome...:p