Morasco - GO YOU GOOD THING

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by Jez, Aug 4, 2007.

1. Jez

Jez Gold Member

Watched Marasco's hit out down at the track today - Im calling it a hit out rather than a race because what he served up looked like an exhibition gallop..

Lets hope we can show those east coasters again how good the west can produce when Ollie steps up on the Mighty M over east...FK - you deserved that handshake today, well done, you turned an average saturday at belmont into a packed race meeting once again with another great western hope.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2007
  2. Aussie Cowgirl

Aussie Cowgirl Active Member

he did run well, it was a good feild with Is Amazing and Real Mak.

When i saw the field i couldnt believe it but Marasco won easy.

Jez, did you see race one? La Coruose (sp - cant remember how to spell it)

The filly finally pulled her head out of her @#$ and won a race. Bout time hey.
    It was the blinkers that she didnt like.

Oh well very good day, and awesome weather i must add.

3. Showie

Showie Active Member

Great to see WA producing yet another champion on the track.
    Let alone from the Kersley stables - is he another Northerly??? only time will tell but exciting never the less.

4. Jez

Jez Gold Member

Actually no Aussie Cowgirl didnt see race one - didnt get there til the third, have my kids on weekends (hmm...that makes me sound like a bad parent!) but theyre getting old enough to fend for themselves so I got them organised for a day of computing and foxtelling and off I headed.

Come on all you stockies who hide out at Ascot and come and say hello to me......IM VERY EASY TO SPOT apparently.....Take a walk past the smokers corner bar - im often there flirting outrageously with old men roflmao!!!!!!!!!

LAUREN - I KEEP trying to get over and find you but for some unknown reason I ended up tottering around out the back with Paula while she strapped one then had to resume flirting .....

Come to think of it, didnt actually LOOK at many horses yesterday other than Marasco....social butterfly that I am becoming.....perhaps I need a responsible adult to supervise me at the races....

Showie - is he another Northerly? I dont think so - however - I dont care, he is what he is, a horse thats going over to try and win big on tough terms. FKR again have managed to give the public another great bay and white hope and good on the FKR team and especially good on FK - I think in my mind a little bit of the sentimental favourtism towards Marasco is that Freds face getting kicked in proved....

You cant keep a good horseman down.....KICK ARSE MARASCO :)

Last edited: Aug 5, 2007
  5. Aussie Cowgirl

haha, im pretty easy to spot, i have the luciani shirts on and i normally have the crazy ones. although the one i took on sat was very good, especially for her first time, ran a very fine third in race two. Show storm was her name with Paul Harvey on her.

6. Jez

Jez Gold Member

So if you were working and strapping you wouldve had sensible shoes on so thus, its easier for you to find me - no one else there had 7inch high cerise satin crystal dusted stillettos on, this I know because several people commented on my amazing shoes as I was walking around.........you have any idea how hard it is to walk in them even BEFORE the cointreau sets in?

7. Webby

Webby Well-known Member

Well I was told begging of this year or end of last (cant remeber which) it was before freds got kicked that Morasco was looking even better than Northely and thats from someone who has had extremly close connections to both. Me Myself I am a Northley Fan

8. Jez

Jez Gold Member

Id kinda like to hope for the connections and for western australian racing that they are as good as each other - I agree tho, comparisons are unfair which is why I dislike the is pharlap better than makybe diva argument...

I can hear tina turner singing WE DONT NEED ANOTHER HERO in the background....let em all be champions on their own merits if they can be.

Have you read the Northerly an Unlikely champion book webby? great read.

Rider changes are suprising...P.Harvey onboard M and Ollie onboard Haradasun should be interesting.

9. Webby

Webby Well-known Member

No i haven't but Northely was such a good thing he was an underdog that no one wanted aussies like a battler, Forrestdale Primary even has a song about him as a tribute.
    I agree unless horses run in the same race on the same day on the same conditions without interference they can't be compared. I loved Kalatiara but she left before we could really see what she had against the Australian horses.
    Let them all shine!

10. country chick89

country chick89 Active Member

:)* How many stockies r in ascot i am one and am at the ascot course wednesday thirsdays fridays saturdays and still work the sunday for fiona mckenzie lol plus i got to tafe

11. Spider n Toby

Spider n Toby Gold Member

Yup! Saturday was packed wasn't... I heard that Kersely had a good one running saturday... As soon as that race was finished people kind of dispearred LOL...

Buttttttt Jez, you don't know WHERE I work.. I get everywhere there LOL..I saw you like 3 weeks ago now and I was gunna say hi but I'm a bit shy n I didn't wanna go up to someone " and be like are you jez?" when they are probly just a NORMAL humen being:p :p

12. Jez

Jez Gold Member

Ok....why dont you ask Paula or Amy to introduce us then???

Im shy toooooooooooo...................heh ;)

13. Aussie Cowgirl

yeah i recon al the stockies that hang around the back of the stalls, are spectators, owners, trainers etc should all get together.

Will anybody from here be at belmont on either wednesday or saturday. i think we have a couple running and would love to catch up sith some of you.

Sound good to anybody!?

14. Spider n Toby

I could possibly maybe maybe not.. probly not... probly.. likely... unlikely not/be there on saturday:D..... if that helps at all?:D

15. Aussie Cowgirl

yeah that helps alot. hahaha

16. Spider n Toby

Lol I thought it would :D

mm I think I know you Aussie cowgirl by the way... How long have you worked for Lou? Do you do arvos aswell?

17. Jez

Jez Gold Member

I shall be there ;)

18. Spider n Toby

I won't be then....:D:D lol..

19. Aussie Cowgirl

hey yeah i work arvos :(

um i have worked for louie for about nearly a year! yeh...

who are you if i dont mind asking, i have probabl seen alot of you guys around but you know, on a tight leash when the boss is around.

Agh the joys of working for the ding. hehe

20. Spider n Toby

I KNOW YOU, I KNOW YOU!! lol..

lol I'll private msg ya.. or do you have msn?