Moorlands Totilas' record breaking Kur

Discussion in 'News Items' started by BitBankAustralia, Dec 18, 2009.

1. BitBankAustralia

BitBankAustralia Well-known Member

2. beagle

beagle Well-known Member

the happiest the poor bloody horse looked was for the long rein walk & when he finished.
    An exaggerated movement which reeks of rolkur & firing of his front legs.
    Don't care what the judges think.

3. Jonty3

Jonty3 Guest

Most international judges are not riders, I agree with you on the movement!

Slow and Lazy behind. Imagine what this horse could do if ridden differently!

4. BitBankAustralia

BitBankAustralia Well-known Member

Have to admit I agree- did not like the front leg action at all, though thought the piaffe was quite nice.

He's being called "the wonder horse"....

5. fuddles

fuddles Well-known Member

l found it a joy to watch

how nice is it to see dressage in partnership and not servitude :))

hooray for such a good looking combination. what a pair of spunks

:)))

6. primrosecourt

primrosecourt Well-known Member

Dito!!.........Jonty alot of International Judges are infact retired riders themselves and many are still active in the saddle too.......as for lazy and slow behind...WT??.....think you must be looking at a different youtube clip perhaps!!...

It always amuses me just how many "Olympic level sofa riders" there actually are on here.I would pay good money to see you all have a go at breeding,training,competiting,judging a horse such as this at this level....now that would be fun indeed!

Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
  7. pso

pso Gold Member

8. primrosecourt

Thanks PSO thats very interesting.......now I must go and have a little whisper in Grishams ear and tell him he has quite alot of catching up to do with his sibling!:D

9. pso

pso Gold Member

Is he going to be out and about this year?
    Will be good to see another spunky stallion come thru the ranks **)

10. primrosecourt

I doubt I will be taking him out next year.....I may if I have time start him off again undersaddle and just play it by ear.Just thought I'd tell him anyway just to let him know.....:)

I might bring Digger out though for a play and I also have another one in the pipe line too.....just too much to do and not enough hours in the day!

11. fuddles

fuddles Well-known Member

holugomoly 20 x10s so 20 perfects

every judge gave them a more than a couple of tens and 1, 9 tens
    :))

wonder if we have entered the new age of dressage. Where being perfect is achievable.

just for the record l hate watching dressage l would rather clean my house but this l could watch and dream :}:}

12. intendeli

intendeli Well-known Member

beautiful rider and magnificent horse ..

i dont see laziness behind .. just real expression and freedom through the shoulder ...

the horse is loving his work ..

13. pso

pso Gold Member

Fuddles...a 10 isnt perfect...its 'excellent'...hence the british judges desire to give more than a 10, as he felt it was better than excellent ;)

14. Jonty3

Jonty3 Guest

15. tammy07

tammy07 Well-known Member

i am so inlove with horse cant stop watching his tests ive lost count on how many times ive watched his tests especially the olympia one just amazing

16. Sharaway

Sharaway Guest

When I can ride and train a horse to that level I will feel competant to judge others, until then I will admire with the utmost awe and respect.

17. Babe

Babe Well-known Member

In no way do I feel the need the critisize this pair...or feel like Im qualified to do anything but watch in awe.
    I think it is a wonderful combination and a most awesome horse. I never get tired of watching these 2**)

ETA,...I especially love how Totillas..drops his head and walks out of the ring at the end...all relaxed as if to say.."Whats the fuss??"

Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
  18. primrosecourt

well said.....quite unreal**)

19. springbok

springbok Well-known Member

Thanks so much for posting this video - I was hunting for his Olympia test! Love watching this combination - their performances have well and truly raised the bar in the dressage world. This combination is NOT lazy behind, nor does it show any signs of hyperflexion. Unfortunatly there are always going to be critics for every star it didn't take long for them to find Edward and Totalis #( . I can't say I agree with them!

Everyone raves about this horse but I have to saw I'm also in awe of Edwards riding too **) .

20. primrosecourt

My favourite test of all time was when he was 2nd at the 2005 World Champs in Las Vagas ridding Geldnet Lingh....now that was just out of this world.I get so much inspiration watching Edward Gal whoever he is ridding but that test is especially outstanding.The music is just superb....
    here is a lovely youtube of it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfAeyL2I6vY

I think the words "lazy behind" and "Hyperflexion" are just 'in words of the 2009' and are now being tossed around so loosely usually by folk who wouldnt have much understanding what they actually involve anyway its just so rediculous its almost funny......

Last edited: Dec 20, 2009