monty roberts and tying up in floats

Discussion in 'Horse and Rider Safety' started by whitepantheress, Nov 13, 2010.

1. celestialdancer

celestialdancer Gold Member

I've looked into the floats that travel backwards, very interested but for floating foals have decided it's probably safer for them to face forwards. If they jump forwards they at least are enclosed within the float.

2. Sugar's Mum

Sugar's Mum Gold Member

CD I was stud hand once and talked to teh horse vet. He recommended travelling foals in floats with closled storm doors. He was empatic not to travel a floal in a float with an open back as they can jump out. Silly things specialize in giving us a fright.

3. celestialdancer

celestialdancer Gold Member

That's what I thought Donna :)

Am looking into borrowing a float with storm doors for the breed show. :)

4. Narelle28

Narelle28 Active Member

I tie solid all my horses and they are tied up in a float the only time I have cut a rope is when my mare dies last yr. She had a massive heart attack and was dead as soon as she hit the floor.

I always carry a sharp knife to cut the rope.

5. Marlee

Marlee Well-known Member

I've given up tying my old boy up, I always find he has undone the rope and it is hanging on the floor. I must be lucky because both my horses are great floaters and don't need tying, just throw the leadrope over their backs. BUT I do tie horses I don't know but use the baling twine.