Moleskins instead of Jodphurs....

Discussion in 'Product & Service Promotions' started by Zahira, Jan 30, 2003.

1. Zahira

Zahira Well-known Member

I have just heard recently that the PCAWA have sanctioned the use of Moleskin Trousers instead of Jodphurs.

I am not sure if it is just for boys or both boys and girls, but it is a good alternative i think for those who don't feel comfortable in the tradional tight jodphurs.

Vanessa

2. beccy

beccy Well-known Member

does that mean only trousers, or both is acceptable?

i think trousers would look much better, especially at lecture time. Its about time the uniform had some type of change to be more comfortable.

-bec-

3. Zahira

Zahira Well-known Member

I'm sure you can still have the choice of both....

Just what ever you feel more comfortable in.

4. Goldpally

Goldpally Active Member

It is an option . They implemented in thinking mainly of guys but then decided they couldn't be sexist so any one can wear them for rallies . Competition uniforms ( ie fawn or beige joddy's ) will remain as is.
    [​IMG]

5. beccy

beccy Well-known Member

are trousers comfortable to ride in?

-bec-

6. Nikiwink

Nikiwink Well-known Member

i find them comfy - i generally ride in jeans now days and since i use blocks to mount i dont have the problem of stretching them so i can get a foot in the stirrup

:) Nikiwink :)

7. Naomi

Naomi Well-known Member

I went through a stage of riding in jeans. Their ok if their soft enough. I also found that with my new stirrup leathers I can ride in almost anything coz they are a lot thinner than the traditional leather ones. These ones are cheaper, obviously of a lesser quality but web enforced so they are still very safe. I bought them from Europa, they also look very nice on a wintec saddle so they are ideal for shows.

Just for the record, im back to my trusty joddies. Jeans are so much more flattering but as far as comfort is concerned, i prefer the joddies. Any thoughts?

8. JessiTrist

JessiTrist Well-known Member

ive never worn moleskins, but im guessing they are like lighter material jeans or trousers? They really comfy. I ride in Jeans, but when I really want to look good [at shows and stuff] I wear jodz. I find jeans alot more comfy as i dont like wearing joddies that go all the way upto your belly, hipsters anyday, most people say hipsters or jeans are un-comfy, but they give my big belly more freedom when Im riding. My sisters jodz [which i sometimes wear cos i lost mine] are really un-comfy cos they are button up and i have a pot belly, so ouch, but mine were comfy, pull on ones.

Jessica *

~To ride a horse is to borrow freedom...~