MODS/ADMIN...Advertising Clarification?

Discussion in 'Forum Management and Operation' started by pso, Oct 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pso

pso Gold Member

OK...I think I missed another rule change:p

Are we no longer allowed to mention a product/service, if one of our advertisers offers a comparible product/service?:confused:

eg I bought a Cris float isnt allowed as there are two float advertisers...
    fair enough..

Does this also apply to other areas?
    eg...Lessons with x instuctor...when there are other instructors as advertisers
    ...I bought a stubben bridle (when a number of advertisers sell other bridles?)

clarify please?!:))

2. Horsetalk

Horsetalk Well-known Member

Just bumping it up, that pso get's her answers. :)

3. Murray

Murray Well-known Member Staff Member

Hi pso,

Thank you for the question. In fairness to our paid advertisers members should not discuss comparable products and services. Remember it is the paid advertisers who help bring these forums to you.

cheers...admin

4. pso

pso Gold Member

hmmm...thanks admin!

Guess that means we can only talk about the weather! :p As the advertising ranks now covers most horse products and services imaginable!:}

5. Valiente Blanco

Valiente Blanco Well-known Member

Rofl, you are just funny ;) Well the weather is pretty crappy atm but the forecast on my weather report says sunny for the next couple of days - sigh -

My question is how about me as a stockist and small shop owner selling products like 'NoBit' Bridles and 'Country Park' herbs amongst other products where the owner of the product is not a paid advertiser here?
    Not that I do a hell of a lot of advertising through the forum right now - but I will be back shortly :)

6. Sassy

Sassy Gold Member

Now that Stockies has been upgraded and has so many extra features, some that I must say resemble that of Facebook....will we be no longer allowed to mention the word "facebook"?

I am quite surprised that we are even allowed to say our horses show names, alot of stud prefixes attached, which could be advertising for them :eek:

Can we post photo's with watermarks if the photographer is a paid advertiser? i have seen the advertiser themself post the photo's, just not sure if other can do it too?

7. Murray

Correct Sassy, no facebook, no myspace and no ebay on this forum. In regards to show names with stud prefixes it will depend on in what context they have been used and it will be at the discretion of the mods and myself to decide whether it is considered free advertising. Yes, you can post photos with watermarks if the photographer is a paid advertiser.

cheers...admin

8. KDS

KDS Well-known Member

ok so here is one for you....

i am a paid advertiser.

what if i have my site hosted by cavalletti? and it carries the cavalletti prefix to the address ie www.cavalletti.com.au/kdsequestrian (site address is hypothetical)

can i link to 'my' site? if not, then why not as i am a paid advertiser?

9. Murray

Hi KDS,

I don't like it but since you are a paid advertiser it will be ok.

cheers...admin

10. nimetyau

nimetyau Well-known Member

I use the showphotos website to upload my photos. Am I allowed to let people know when I have loaded photos onto that website? As it is only a hobby at this stage and I am not a paid advertiser. (Yet!)

11. Murray

Potentially you can still make sales so in fairness to our paid advertisers you will need to become a paid advertiser.

cheers...admin

12. Naomi

Naomi Well-known Member

Wow, I wasn't aware of half of these rules! Good luck Admin, we are firing some pretty "grey area" questions at you, hope you've had your coffee! =)

13. Golden Biscuit

Golden Biscuit Well-known Member

wow i had no idea either! Ok this will be a tricky one... what about browband advertisers? so many people post when they receive a new browband and proudly show it off and usually give thanks to who designed it... so according to this rule no one will be able to say ' i just got a magic browband' or 'thanks to tara at ritzy browbands' Is that right....

14. cobbie

cobbie Gold Member

BEB we are paying advertisers though so I couldn't see that being a problem? if it was someone who doesn't advertise on here they were thanking then it would be? Think thats right anyway

15. KDS

KDS Well-known Member

i dont see how it works though??
    you can mention yay a horseland sale is on, but horseland dont advertise here?? nagmart/saddleworld and europa do though, and lots of other smaller people that deal with goods such as horsewest and horseland is one of their most direct competitors?
    mentioning horseland would be like me saying that X browbands are great etc etc when they arent an advertiser

did that even make sense? :p
    soooo confusing! :D

16. pso

pso Gold Member

hmmmmm...yup, I'm still confused!:confused:

17. Fe

Fe Well-known Member

Dont worry I too am very confused and still have yet to have my problem sorted..

It seems to me that one set of rules apply for one and not the other.. *shrugs* oh well...

18. Spider n Toby

Spider n Toby Gold Member

Yep, I've always wondered about that too!

19. KDS

KDS Well-known Member

lol looks like even the mods/admin are wondering too - has been over a week since anyone has bothered to answer the questions asked :p :D

20. Murray

sorry ladies, I have been very busy doing other business. First of all and with all due respect it is at my discretion how different businesses and individuals can advertise on Stockyard.

However, I do take your point and businesses that are not paid advertisers should not be allowed to receive any special attention. Future threads in this regard will be removed.

cheers...admin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.