Missing Horses?

Discussion in 'News Items' started by Sassy, Oct 15, 2002.

1. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

Whats this about the missing horse from Herne Hill?...

~§Arnie§~

2. Ali

Ali Well-known Member

Hi Arnie. The ad about the missing pony is actually on this site. It just says a black pony stallion missing from Herne Hill. I saw the ad the other day.

Ali

3. echo

echo Well-known Member

Hey apperently there is a Black Warmblood mare imported from Germany stolen. They broke through the fences cost about $250.000 for her altogether! wouldnt u be pissed, she is pure black with a white blaze and a fancy H on her rump theres a rewards to

Mel and Echo

4. horsegirl

horsegirl Well-known Member

Is that the one out Oakford way? Saw a sign sounds like that one at Oakford Traders on wednesday.....

5. Zahira

Zahira Well-known Member

Yes this was put over the PA at Fairbridge.

She was imported from the UK. Black 17.1hh, White socks and blaze.

Stolen the same night she came home, from Serpentine. Straight out of the stable.

Didn't remember the brands that were said though.

Ness

6. horsegirl

God, thats shocking!! Obviously somebody in the circle knew about her arrival. Mongrels.... I hope she is okay tho...... :(

7. Zahira

Zahira Well-known Member

Yeah that's what i thought.

Can't think what you could do with her though. except hide her in the paddock and breed from her (naming dam unknown on the foals papers). Would be impossible to take her to shows, everyone would notice a 17.1hh black mare with striking white markings (unless you dyed the white parts).

Very ballsy theft that for sure.

8. horsegirl

Ness on the sign i saw it said something about white face markings that cant be dyed. There is a few photos of her, she is a lovely looking horse. The owners must be devastated... I know i would be....

9. Zahira

Zahira Well-known Member

Oh ok, i thought you could dye all white markings. Ya learn something new everyday! (Does she have a pink nose? That could be why)

Ness

10. horsegirl

From the piccy i would say yeah it looks like most of her nose is pink... would it not look quite obvious tho, if they dyed her whole head black? I can understand her legs, but her face!!!???

11. Zahira

Zahira Well-known Member

Yeah, but you could possibly change a blaze to a star or a star and snip maybe. And usually if people have doubt they wont say a thing. If you create the illusion people will believe what they see.....

But in this case, i think people will be suspicious of any huge black mare at the moment.

We thought Mini would have a few looks after the announcement on the day. Luckily she has all black legs and a star.

Ness

12. Ali

Ali Well-known Member

I also saw an ad in Mudijong about 2 ponies taken from a paddock on Jarradale Road.One was a grey Welsh Mountain pony and one was a black shetland pony.My friend and I are abit worried too though as she's got a little grey welsh pony and I've got my black shetland and each time we take the kids out on them we half expect for someone to grab us thinking that they are the missing ponies! It seems this horse theft is on the increase.It's always been a big problem in the UK and I hope it never gets that bad over here.

Ali

13. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

Thats absolutly discusting. How can people do such a thing?! Some people just can't get off their butts and do their own work. I worry for the safety of my horse all the time and know that he's always vunderble to just be taken out the paddock. Is there something I can do to assure the safety of my horse. I know things like gates / fences but anything to draw the attention away from him?...

~§Arnie§~

14. Fe

Fe Well-known Member

Arnie, there is not a lot that you can do really. These days if people want it bad enough they will go to extreme lengths to get it.

Also where are the pics of the warmblood mare that was taken also was she taken from a property in Serpentine?

15. horsegirl

Hi Fe, I saw a sign posted up at Oakford Traders, there was 2 or 3 piccys of her on that, and yes Ness said the mare was from Serpentine.

16. Fe

Fe Well-known Member

Thanks horse girl,

Like everybody else i am sure i will keep my eyes peeled for her.

17. Goldpally

Goldpally Active Member

That is just terrible and to think it is 2003 ! Like someone mentioned - what can they do with her , she would be recognized ? Now I have been made aware I will keep a look out as well.
    [​IMG]

18. Nikiwink

Nikiwink Well-known Member

it things like this that make me glad that my horses take time to be convinced they should get on the float.

:) Nikiwink :)

19. horsegirl

Has anyone heard anything further if the warmblood mare has been found. I was at Oakford Traders this morning and noticed that the sign was no longer up...

20. Zahira

Zahira Well-known Member

Dunno, i haven't heard anything - anyone?