Melbourne Cup

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by Crusader, Oct 28, 2009.

1. LNT

LNT Well-known Member

congrats to all who picked Shocking!

what a fantastic race, wasnt it nice to see horse being ridden "hands & heels" and not whipped down the straight **)**)

2. TBPA

TBPA Well-known Member

Thanks Shocking and connections for making me just a widdle bit richer I will try not to spend it all on booze and hookers.

3. GiGi

GiGi Guest

yeah I won !!!

4. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

Did you see how close race 9 was! :|

5. robbi

robbi Active Member

Go shocking!

6. yay i won :D

money money money ahaha :)

7. springbok

springbok Well-known Member

Didn't see the race as I was in class but thank you Shocking and Mourilyan for turning my $5 into $30 :) .

8. haha esy i was in class too :eek: and all the other teachers let there classes watch it except mine who said its bad because it involves gambling :eek: HAHA.
    i managed to find live streaming on the computer and i think the teacher wondering why there where 20 people crowded around my computer shouting...

thankyou shocking i am now $90 richer :)

9. beau

beau Well-known Member

Yeah I won as well, was a great race to watch.

10. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

so am I...thanks to the $5 sweep, in which I got 1st and 2nd, great race..great food...great people to watch it with and beautiful weather, what more could you want:)*

11. Zegger

Zegger Well-known Member

Thanks Shocking I won $55 **) my mates bf won $200 lucky sod :D

Stockfeeders her i come

Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
  12. tammyprez

tammyprez Well-known Member

who came second?? and third???

13. Clever Jev

Clever Jev New Member

2nd - Crime Scene
    3rd - Mourilyan

14. MYTEE4EVA

MYTEE4EVA Active Member

Yes had a winner today, thankyou Shocking for putting money in my pocket. Great run, hubby's choice came second.

15. ashes88

ashes88 Well-known Member

no win for me in the cup but im happy that shocking won, but i won money today on a couple of horses that i ride from work Monospny 2nd in her first race in bunbury and 3rd with Mavro Magic at geraldton (who we dont train anymore but shes my fave girl)

16. Merlin

Merlin Well-known Member

Had a win on Shocking today, only picked him coz he is by Street Cry and so is our boy, and Mark Kavagher(sp) trains another Street Cry Whobegotyou :)

17. Jez

Jez Gold Member

No win here but still a great interuption for the day at work and well done shocking (I saw him on tv and thought..doh, shouldve backed him) and connections. Also impressed with Crime Scenes run. Damien go backwards.

18. simbin

simbin Gold Member

Haha I like Craig Browns comment "I didnt push the button until the 300m and then hoped he had enough petrol left in the tank"

In other words at the 300m I thought I was in deep sh** and would be getting my butt whipped by the boss using one of those new padded whips.

ROFL

19. HorseaGal

HorseaGal Active Member

Yay! I got third (Mourilyan)!
    Havent picked a place in the Cup since Makybe Diva (I picked her ALL THREE times)
    I can never seem to pick the right horse in the big races but when Im sitting at home watching some small race on Emirates Stakes Day, I pick the winner 3 times!