Melbourne Cup

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by Crusader, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Crusader

Crusader Well-known Member

Ok getting in early this year

Which outsiders are worth putting some money on?

2. milo22

milo22 Active Member

Yeah i'd like to know too???

In my work sweep I have spin around!!! Think I might get the lucky last $ on this one!! LOL :)

Think viewed, C'est La Guerre, Alcopop will do well & my stab will prop be Crime Scene.. Other then that i'm no help..

Hope everyone involved does well and all the horses stay safe! :))

3. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

Anything that is trained by the Bart 'the Cups King' Cummings is worth backing IMO :))

4. samm

samm Gold Member

Well I'm really hoping Dom does well on Alcopop.
    The kid used to camp on my lounge when he'd come to Kal for rides in the early days of his apprenticeship.

5. Kaisi

Kaisi Well-known Member

The man that owns my agistment center gave Dom his first ride.
    He's told me to put some money on him and Alcopop :)))

It would be great for a local boy to win it!

6. tilda

tilda Well-known Member

well tonight im gonna put money down for a trifecta to alcopop, roman emperor & viewed :)

7. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Well I'm going to back old Master O'rielly It is a very open race tho an I might have a tri with barts

8. MYTEE4EVA

MYTEE4EVA Active Member

Alcopop - Roman Emperor - Shocking

9. Newman Racing

Newman Racing Active Member

Veiwed-Alcopop-Master O'Reily

10. Jez

Jez Gold Member

Sentimental bets - Im going to trifecta barts runners - the man is 81, what a swan song it would be :)

Damiens horse, because, well...hes Damien. Could even throw a couple of bucks at Master OReilly for being a consistantly good horse denied chances by circumstances at times.

Serious Bets - Viewed or Daffodil, dunno what else, its the cup, you may as well throw darts at flies and hope for a winner.

Yeahhhh!! Cup Day again!. Get the light flashing and lets go!.

11. FER

FER New Member

Roman Emporer
    Daffodil
    Crime Scene
    Shocking:)):)):))

12. chocollo

chocollo Active Member

Is anyone going to Ascot tomorrow? I have been given 2 single admissions to Ascot racecourse that I won''t be using. PM me if you like if anyone is interested. I have to work unfortunately.

13. Marianne

Marianne Gold Member

I have a mare with a flower name. So I'm going with the mare with the flower name.... Daffodil. **) Pffffffffffffff as good a reason as any LOL.
    Also putting money on Roman Empire.

Any grey horses running?

14. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

There's one grey in the field - Newport.

15. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

Soo...socially...who's tipping what?

I have picked Roman Emperor, Daffodil and Basaltico. Don't think I will lay bets though, I'm not much of a gambler :eek:

16. I dont even know whos running and have forgotten what time. You can tell I don't follow the racing right? LMAO

17. PINTO1980

PINTO1980 Gold Member

wat time is the race start???

18. Troppo

Troppo Well-known Member

I hate the Melbourne Cup - cos I get all excited and put about 20 bets on and then don't win any :p

I am backing Alcopop as my number 1.

And a trifecta of Alcopop, Roman Emperor, Viewed and Master O'reilly (I know thats 4, thats how indecisive I am)

and I have about 5 Quinella's on various horses,

and a mystery trifecta for good measure,

and I walked out of the TAB and thought I should have backed Shocking too, which totally throws out all my bets and then I want to go back in and put tifectas in with Shocking etc etc etc

I am glad I only bet this once a year :))

19. Sassy

Sassy Gold Member

does anyone know where I can *safley* bet online?? My bf wants me to put a bet on for him but f*'d if I am going into the TAB to do it!

20. samm

samm Gold Member

You need an established account to bet online Sassy.

Race starts 12pm our time.3pm EST.