Melbourne Cup

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by Kyara, Oct 28, 2008.

1. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

Go Zipping !! Go Barbaricus !!

2. Jess&Sabby

Jess&Sabby Well-known Member

15 minutes cant wait hehe i dont put bets on cause i always lose haha

3. Coz

Coz Well-known Member

That was close!!!!!

4. Jess&Sabby

what a awesome race, always gets my heart going lol such a good run from viewed well done :) my mum and dad backed first and second woohoo anyone know what happened to the horse that dropped out?

5. Nickelodeon

Nickelodeon Well-known Member

It was Honolulu that walked over the line, don't know what happened there hope all's ok...

What a race though! Gotta love a photo finish - nothing gets the heart racing more! Nearly thought the little grey had popped it hehe

6. Yeah LOL I thought it was the grey at first too... very close race! Good ol' Bart, 12th Melbourne Cup eh?

7. Jess&Sabby

i know wasnt it close:) hope everything is ok with honolulu. well done to louie he stayed up there :)

8. horse girl Jess

horse girl Jess Well-known Member

What a brilliant finish! I'm all shaky xD Bart Cummings is amazing, if he isn't the best trainer that ever was, I don't know who is. Hmpf to Septemus, that is what they get for being all cocky!

9. Ace

Ace Well-known Member

I was in such a dilema with the photo finish, on one hand I wanted Bauer to win as I had him in the sweep but then I wanted Bart Cummings to win too! so was a win win for me :D

10. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

Go Bauer! Another step big fella...

Was beautiful to see the Saintly colours crossing the line....

*Always in our thoughts Jason*

11. Marianne

Marianne Gold Member

Good Call MLP. I'm gonna take your tips next year. **) What an exciting race. Love it when the imports come thinking they are ALL THAT and do bugger all. LOL.:D

12. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Great race :)*

Hopefully Honolulu is ok :( Gallopin failed to finish but luckily it was because he started to choke (which was resolved) rather than breaking down.

13. TBPA

TBPA Well-known Member

Darn it I put on my trifecta Barbacius, Profound Beauty and Mad Rush
    Then I thought I'll back Barts to horses becuase they are always dangerous in the Cup
    but

I stuffed up and backed Bart and his son's horse and not Viewed Bum.

14. ZaZa

ZaZa Guest

Honalulu walked across the line but here was one that failed to finish.
    It's name is Gallopin.
    The goods news is it didn't break down. It choked down about 1200 metres out.

Editted to say.....
    Oops, was too slow.
    Mirawee types faster than me. !

15. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

Just heard the quartet paid *cries* over $600,000 and the quinella just over $25,000

16. PINTO1980

PINTO1980 Gold Member

well i won 2nd & third in the sweeps..:)

17. Oldhack77

Oldhack77 Gold Member

bugger bugger bugger!!!

i bet on Viewed for the caulfield cup and then bet on him for 2nd for today!!!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh trust me to change my mind I would have won over $5000 if i had of backed him instead i put the big money on Profound Beauty because her colours were black and white like my dress...... i couldnt find a yellow fascinator so i couldnt back Viewed to win..... bugger bugger!!! LOL

had a great lunch!!! food, wine and company was superb!! came second in the sweep at lunch and came equal best dressed and won best hat............... WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!

AWESOME DAY! **)**)

18. mochaminx

mochaminx Well-known Member

OH77, now you should seriously know better!!! You came equal best dressed AND best hat?? THAT IS DEFINATELY PIC WORTHY!!!
    Come on girl..... show us the pics!! :) :) :)

19. Jez

Jez Gold Member

Well...almost home...got to watch cup...my son coming to the rescue and the insiders late late late mail (THANK GOD FOR SENILE PEOPLE WHO FORGET TO PUT BETS ON THEN RING ME MAKING ME RING OTHER PEOPLE TO GET MINE ON) as well as others who did nothing......

Was on Viewed ;)
    Sons pick Bauer
    Cest La Geurre

Handy little pickup....just a bloody shame i had them all e/w not trifecta but im still more than happy. :D

Post race had the most hilarious longggggg distance phonecall regarding irish jockeys....think it deserves a mention of its own so wont clutter up here.

20. Dusty Road

Dusty Road Well-known Member

You've gotta love Bart Cumming's comment.... It's nice to win a race like this!!