Mega Kool Stock Reduction

Discussion in 'Product & Service Promotions' started by Mega Kool, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Mega Kool

Mega Kool Well-known Member

We need to reduce the number of mare we have at present.
    Both Dakota and Jazz are healthy, happy mares.
    See full details in the for sale section.
    Thanks.:)

2. playin bb

playin bb New Member

selling a 16yr old mare for $4500 good luck uless she lays golden eggs or something! lol

3. 3ponies

3ponies Well-known Member

If she is quiet, safe and sound why not. She will make someone a lovely riding horse. I don't know where people get the idea that 16 is old :confused: I would rather pay $4500 for a sensible 16 yr old than $2500 for a OTT t/bred - there seems to be nothing on the market over 4 yrs old at the moment.

4. Oldhack77

Oldhack77 Gold Member

Ditto to that mate **)

Good luck Tony, hope you find good homes for them

5. SMR

SMR Well-known Member

I was about to ditto too OH :D

6. KC Quarter Horses

KC Quarter Horses Gold Member

I have a 16 yr old QH mare & wouldn't sell her for less than that, probably ask more.
    I bought a 15 yr old 7 yrs ago for more than that ...... best money we ever spent .....totally in agreeance with 3ponies there :)

7. Mega Kool

Thank you all very much.:) :) :)
    We are going out of breeding and that's the only reason these horses are up for sale.:(
    I don't ride and the wife has AG BEAVER SAN as hers.

They are both beautiful girls. Jazz was ridden by my wife for two years.
    Great ground manners but a bit strong at the canter.
    Dakota was ridden by a guy in a wheel chair before I got her. Very Quiet.
    Neither of them have a mean bone in their body.

If any one is interested in breeding quarter horse, I also have Mega Kool Colonel up for sale. He is 3, started under saddle 4 months ago.
    Trained in western. Has natural roll backs and spins.
    Will be ideal for reining or cutting. IBF paid. Ready to breed or ride.
    He is ridden here twice a week at the moment. He has not served as yet.
    He's out of a Noble TKO mare and his other Grandsire was Cuttabars Colonel.

He is extremely quiet and well behaved.
    If he is not sold as a colt within 7 days, I am going to have him gelded and then probably leased out.

Thanks again.:)

8. KC Quarter Horses

KC Quarter Horses Gold Member

Dakota sounds like the perfect transition horse for a pony clubber to go from pony to horse Mega Kool :) Nothing like a quiet QH to give a kid confidence :)

9. woooooo

woooooo Guest

I think we may be related or something)*)&!%^% I have a gelding by the same sire as Jazz's - Toledo Fireball - my boy is Wandowen Firedance (Jay). If Jazz is anything like Jay - this horse is a bargain buy! Jay has the most exceptional temperament and a pleasure to own. I took him to the Equestricare massage clinic at Brookleigh the other week-end, and the property owners where I agist him had their feathers ruffled because they didn't realise HE was going! I almost had to ask permission - that is how much he is loved!

10. RebeccaGreen

RebeccaGreen New Member

I have riden both mares!! and anyone that has the money it will be the best money spent... If i had the money i would have jazz in a flash she is the best little mare she is so soft to ride and has beautiful head carrige, I ride english but i know Tony's daughter rode her at western, and she is great at both!! a real little alrounder for anyone.. or as a broodmare.. For anyone looking for a good quiet educated horse she is the best!! And dakota is a sook she is a lovely girl!! :) Ready good bargin.. great for anyone i'd say!!

Ow poor little chance the stallion might not be anymore :( He is a lovely horse really and is a real stunner in person, he is such a show off and would be a lovely little western show horse i recon!!!

Anyone looking to buy i'd say definatly have a look at these ones!!

11. Troppo

Troppo Well-known Member

Too True!

I just paid $4000 for a 15yo polox mare and I thought that was a bargain considering her ability and history and she is very sound, has years in her yet!

12. Troppo

Troppo Well-known Member

Hi Mega Kool,

I just had a look on your website at Chance and had to laugh at the pics of Erwin (is that his name) riding him. Erwin is so tall!!!

Your horses look lovely I ma sure they will make somebody very happy.

13. Mega Kool

Yep, poor Chance, his days are numbered. But at least when he is gelded he can be a normal horse. He is very quiet now, what's he going to be like without to two little things bothering him.**)

We just had a 12 year old boy come and try out Jazz. He wants a big horse because he wants to be a jockey when he grows up. He's very small.
    Jazz did not put one foot wrong on the ground or with him in the saddle.
    Considering she has not been ridden for 2 months, I was more than impressed.

Dakota, well she's just a sweetie. Got a soft spot for her.:)

14. Marianne

Marianne Gold Member

MK, it must make you very proud to have people write such lovely things about your horses. It's really great. Congratualations. Must be a tribute to you and your family.**)

15. Mega Kool

Five years ago I had a dream of operating a quarter horse stud.
    With only 5 1/2 acres of land, I have found that this is not really going to work.

I see Okey and Chance in their paddocks each day waiting for some attention.
    Due to the mares (agisted & mine) this is sometimes extremely difficult.
    Even though both are very well behaved, they are still entire and mainly thinking of only one thing at this time of year.

So firstly, I have put my girls on the market to find them good new homes.
    Chance is also on the market as a colt but if not sold soon he will be gelded.
    After the girls are sold, I will get Okey gelded as well.

In this way they can both have happier lives as geldings.

So if you want a really nice mare or perhaps a special colt/gelding please contact me.

I want nice homes where they will get lots of attention.

It's a bit hard to let them go at the moment but I know it's the right thing to do at this time.**)

16. Mega Kool

PS> Vet checks most welcome on all three horses for sale.
    Thanks.:)

17. kiraSpark

kiraSpark Gold Member

Well done MK.
    I think you have done the right thing. :)
    Life can be lonely (and frustrating:p ) for a stallion who doesnt have any mares.
    And a good stallion makes a great gelding **)

Last edited: Sep 28, 2008
  18. Wendycam1

Wendycam1 Well-known Member

Here here......

19. Mega Kool

I truely believe that Okey and Chance will go on to be great at what they do. Even though they won't be able to be bred anymore, they will be horses instead of stallions.:)

20. kiraSpark

kiraSpark Gold Member

LOL LOL Flicka are you dropping hints LOL LOL :p :) *#)

Very subtle ones - like a sledgehammer LOL LOL ;) :p