MEDIA RELEASE - best wishes Jessie!

Discussion in 'News Items' started by shadowkat, Oct 25, 2011.

1. shadowkat

shadowkat Well-known Member

It is with profound regret that Second Chance Horse Rescue and Rehabilitation announces the resignation of our founder Jessie Barbour.

Jessie started the concept of a sanctuary for abandoned, abused or neglected horses about seven years ago.

The foresight and devotion that has been involved in getting this organisation started and keeping it going has been unbelievable. After starting Second Chance in 2006, Jessie devoted most of her personal time to establishing a concept for the care and upkeep for equines that may not have another chance at a new life. We hope to bring them a Second Chance.

Jessie has been deeply involved with Second Chance as an almost full-time volunteer and has attended to the demands of various roles that are required by SCHRAR, including our President and Chief Field Officer.
    However, after 6 years, health issues have convinced Jessie to take a step back and spend more time with her family, and her own horses.

Second Chance's committee, members and horses are deeply grateful for Jessie's amazing contribution, and wish her all the best for the future.

Happy horsing Jess!

2. Diana

Diana Gold Member

Good luck Jess!! **)

3. jumpingeventer

jumpingeventer Well-known Member

Good luck with everything Jessie, I highly admire you for making the decision to step back and put your family first. You have done such a wonderful job with everything and given Second Chance a brilliant start...I am sure the organisation will continue on for many, many years with success.

Wishing you all the best for the future, and wishing all the best for the remaining members of SC! Keep up the fantastic work!

4. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

Wishing you lots of luck Jess :)

You've given a second chance at a happy life to SO many horses :)) Something to be extremely proud of!

5. equislave

equislave Well-known Member

Well done for all your work, I am sure there are a lot of grateful horses out there. Good luck with the future.

6. blitzen

blitzen Gold Member

Good on you, jess. you've provided an ongoing legacy and voice for so many horses out there who've had no one to speak for them. your vision for SCHR has been a total inspiration. I trust you've left it in safe and devoted hands and i wish both you, and SCHR the best of luck in the future.

that said, i am TOTALLY looking forward to hearing loads more about your horsey adventures and how you go with your new plans. Good luck!

7. shyloh

shyloh Well-known Member

all the best jess
    cheers shyloh :}