Massive fire Secret harbour, golden bay, heading towards Karnup

Discussion in 'Open Discussions' started by mum of five, Nov 30, 2010.

1. biscay

biscay Well-known Member

So glad you are all safe and well. Just a few things I would like to point out:

** keep in mind the Vic fires. In a few of the posts I noticed a few said, oooh we are a way away from the fire ( but its heading our direction). Sadly a lot of VIctorians said the same thing, and the fire moved at such a knot of rates they couldnt escape. DO NOT WAIT to be told to go. Sooner is much better than later. I had a friend atleast 10kms from the main fire, and within minutes it had reached their house and destroyed everything. NEVER take a fire for granted.

** There is no such thing as looking stupid for leaving your house with kids, pets and valuables and finding out you didnt need to. Lets face it, we would all rather you did, and are still here and safe, than to find out you didnt with disasterous consequences.

Fire season is sadly upon us now, and I think its time we all talked about it and got fire plans up and running. Dont wait to be faced with a fire to have to figure one out on the run.

ANd, to all of you people who offered help and to all the firies... AWESOME **)**)**)

2. myyky

myyky Well-known Member

Yeah, I'm coming home to Mandurah right now on the train, and I was surprised at the lack of smoke in the area.. I thought it would be black and smoky all around, but all I could see was a few hazy grey clouds on the horizon out towards the coast.

3. eventingchild

eventingchild Well-known Member

I'm worried about this afternoons wind,

4. Bon & Ted

Bon & Ted Guest

here, here Biscay!!

Do not wait until they tell you to go - esp if you have horses, kids, dogs etc. Why risk it? Loading stressed horses onto a float when you are stressed yourself - may as well do it BEFORE there is a high chance of your house burning to the ground.

We put our faith in authorities, but as the vic fires proved - they don't always get it right.
    Marysville residents were not warned adequately - lots thought they were safe, look what happened.

5. Angimac

Angimac Well-known Member

On my way home at 320pm fire engines went past and I saw smoke and due to the wind I panicked that Brigadoon was on fire again, no the fire is in the Jane Brook Stratton area. My blood is boiling ggrrrrrr.

Hope things keep improving for the people in the Secret Harbour/Karnup area.
    Is the wildlife park down there ok?

6. ellechim69

ellechim69 Guest

I spoke to a wildlife carer this morning and it turns out she used to be a stockie lol what a small world, she said that the wildlife park was ok only lost some fences

7. chavi

chavi Well-known Member

What are the properties on the eastern side of Fletcher Rd like? All untouched? Fingers crossed this nightmare is almost over!

8. Tempo

Tempo Well-known Member

PMSL! Ex-Stockie.
    You know you've been bad when you can never come back.... *#)

9. Tempo

Tempo Well-known Member

yep - eastern side is all untouched, well was this morning when Ellechim69 and I went down there.
    You can see where it burned to on the western side though!

10. ellechim69

ellechim69 Guest

Eastern side of Fletcher up to Karri the houses were untouched further done fletcher i cant say we wernt aloud down there today when I went home

11. chavi

chavi Well-known Member

I'll have to cool my heels and wait to see what it is like when we can drive down it again I guess then! Hoping for some green grass left at my wedding venue :D

12. Tempo

Tempo Well-known Member

I know! We have a wedding there on the 3rd on January!

13. chavi

chavi Well-known Member

Ours is 18th December, so very close to yours!

14. Tempo

Tempo Well-known Member

ooh no no! Not ours....we're going to one! :D

15. Leon

Leon Well-known Member

The all clear has been issued.. god those are great words to hear!!

An ALL CLEAR advice has been issued for people between Stakehill Road, Mandurah Road, Paganoni Road, Winery Drive and Harvey Road in Karnup.

The bushfire is contained and controlled.

A huge congrats and thankyou to all the emergency service personnel who risked their lives to save property/animals and people. Work is still continuing but I imagine they have worked extremely hard and long hours on this fire.. all of which I am so thankful for.**)

16. kelmitch

kelmitch Well-known Member

There was another small fire behind the Korana Primary School backing onto Ennis ave at around 5pm this arvo!!! There were 2 heli's putting that one out! Hope they catch the buggers who are lighting these!!! They are getting close to home and causing me to have asthma attacks!!! grrrrr not happy!!!!

I'm so glad that everyone is safe and sound and that no one was hurt.

17. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

Yep most the fire fighters have done numerous 10 hour + stints on the weekend :)* They do a very good job.

Wasn't impressed that someone abused James for updating his facebook status with information.. shame I don't know who you are because you'd be hearing from me love :D To that person.. how bout you get off your own butt and fight a fire.. not sure if it's a stockie or not.. he wouldn't tell me :mad:

18. Natty and Nell Forever

Natty and Nell Forever Well-known Member

what the hell?? those updates were the best thing! in between fesa updates i new exactly where it was and what was happening because of james, good on you james!

19. celestialdancer

celestialdancer Gold Member

ILY James' updates :3

20. skiddlez

skiddlez Gold Member

omg my sisters is on the same day!!!!! and i have to drive all the way up to geraldton!