Massive fire Secret harbour, golden bay, heading towards Karnup

Discussion in 'Open Discussions' started by mum of five, Nov 30, 2010.

1. erilyn

erilyn Well-known Member

I just don't understand the pyschi of people who do this kind of thing...';'

2. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

Is it out?
    I went to bed early as did James coz he was thinking he might be called out last night however I'm awake at 7.49 (grumpy face) as I just heard James banging around and racing out the house so he's obviously had a fire call.. but maybe it's a different one?

James told me that 2 people were arrested for trying to get into a blocked road to help there children who were stuck in a house. The police told them they couldn't go in there and they went in anyway (I would I mean who could leave there kids?) and were both arrested...

3. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

Amy P? She evacuated her own horses last night..
    I think most her agistees decided to stay though.

4. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

Just read.. they have it controlled and contained same as yesterday morning.. let's hope them strong winds don't come a long and change it like yesterday :(

5. ellechim69

ellechim69 Guest

I hope it is all ok now but I might go home and get some stuff and then I am coming out again I dont think my heart can stand to much more lol I am running out of clean underwear pmsl

6. Ali

Ali Well-known Member

Is there another small fire near Larkhill/Port kennedy 'cos we can see smoke in a different area and the plane is going over again in that direction?

7. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

Apparently there is one in Port Kennedy.. not sure where exactly yet.

8. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

For those on Stakehill..
    Fire is contained between the east side train line, west side of fletcher st and south of of cassia

Here's my great map :p
    [​IMG]

The red line is where it has burned up to

Definitely getting close to Stakehill :S

9. chick_with_a_chainsaw

chick_with_a_chainsaw Gold Member

has it burnt all the reserve is that where it started? or is where it started not even on the map?

10. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

Started before Paganoni Road as far as I know..

& for those in Port Kennedy

ALERT LEVEL:
    A bushfire ADVICE has been issued for people in Port Kennedy near Scientific Park in the City of Rockingham.

A fire has started in Scientific Park between Warnbro Sound Avenue and Secret Harbour Boulevard, Port Kennedy.

11. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

Ok last post :p

Sorry I'm just spamming this thread.. but for CWAC
    I believe this has where it has burnt.. the green line is where they had it contained last time, red is where it's contained now.. black shows where it's burnt..

This is really dodge paint drawing skills but just going off James map before and also where James has just said it's controlled at..

[​IMG]

12. chick_with_a_chainsaw

chick_with_a_chainsaw Gold Member

whats the bet thats another one someones lit?

there was one that im really sure was lit in beechboro last week as well. that got really close to houses (across a street where houses) luckily my friends house was a little further down but they evacuated with their little daughter.

dont understand why people do it and what also annoys me are people who burnoff out of season and wonder why they start a huge fire. they dont put the rules in place to annoy you they do it for a reason:(

thanks lauren that heaps. hope everyones gotten out on stakehill just incase.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
  13. ellechim69

ellechim69 Guest

I am going home soon to get some stuff but am coming out again till the all clear is given lol I am no hero so i will stay with friends till then

14. cupcake

cupcake Well-known Member

Yeah she got Wally out to her friends in Mandurah. We had the horse trucks there, lots of floats and cars to pull in case.

Wendy said we could have bought them to foxdale just in case. THanks wendy, lucky we didnt have to in the end.

15. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

Yeah I told her to go to Shiralee's which she did :)

16. cupcake

cupcake Well-known Member

Im just glad its over for now and hope it doesnt flare up again. Im taking my other horse down to amys thisarvo. Ill see what FESA say this afternoon before I leave work, it it's flared up again, might leave him for a few more days where he is.

Again, Well done to all the fireies and voluenteers, you have done an amazing job, I can't beleive no ones houses went down in the fire. I hope they can rest soon, i think its much deserved.

17. eventingchild

eventingchild Well-known Member

they tried arresting me tuesday because I walked up to them asking where I live will be okay to stay at or should we get out...in the end the cheif firie said we were fine to stay but be ready to leave at any moment...

I'm praying the wind is good to us this afternoon, as of everyone else I would like it to end.

18. myyky

myyky Well-known Member

The trains are running again all the way from Perth to Mandurah, which should be a good sign :)
    I hope this is the last time they have to 'contain' it, and it gets finished today.

19. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

HAPPY :D:D That Sam's place on Stakehill Rd is so-far very safe :) **)

20. ellechim69

ellechim69 Guest

I have jsut come from my house and all is good no worries still abit of puffs of smoke which is a worry with the wind but I think at this stage it is looking good. Saw one house on coast side of Fletcher that has burnt right up to the house yard and it is a 2 stroey timber clad home. i am staying out till tomorrow just to be sure lol