Massive fire Secret harbour, golden bay, heading towards Karnup

Discussion in 'Open Discussions' started by mum of five, Nov 30, 2010.

1. mum of five

mum of five Well-known Member

I have just come to work and on my way there is a huge fire just started at Golden bay/secret harbour, it has jumped the road and is on its way to Karnup, it is North of Paganoni road.
    heres hoping all is safe and well......... and hoping it doesnt some towards me...

2. wattle6180

wattle6180 Gold Member

Is it in the reserve?? I imagine the trains will have to be stopped as well??

3. paula223

paula223 Gold Member

Yes i have just come back from Better Pets & Gardens and the smoke POO Really BAD!!!
    Hope everyone ok and no one hurt
    Shell hope it isnt anywhere near you again mate :(

4. mum of five

A Dr I work with who lives on Grasshill rd has been told to evacuate, he has 11 horses and a 3 horse float but I think they have enough help. Its really scarey, should miss us as long as the wond does turn......#(

5. Wendy

Wendy Well-known Member

Yes, daughter rang to say trains will stop at Warnbro and they are trying to organise buses to Mandurah.
    Mandurah Road is also closed.

6. skiddlez

skiddlez Gold Member

this reminds me of the huge bush fire that happened at baldivis :(

7. mum of five

On the radio they are putting calls out for people with horse floats to go get horses out of the Karnup area, I feel so helpless as Iam at work, and I cant help but if ANYONE wants to pick up my float to help please PM me and I will give u my ph number, I will be checking this sight throughout the night................

8. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

as long as it stays away from the explosives reserve...

9. mum of five

Yep the explosives reserve is near me!!!!

10. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

am sitting at it at th emoment... about to lose power again (from scanner)
    Need my float?
    I can be back with float in 30mins or so...
    My number is 0417500631 - if anyone needs a hand, i might leave work now since not much i can do

Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  11. sherreem

sherreem Well-known Member

yards available rapids road serpentine for any horses that need to be evacuated have some stables too. just ring me 0418929623 if the need arises.

12. Lauren

Lauren Gold Member

James is out there.. must be pretty big if they've called his station in (Mandogalup).

Hope everyone is safe.

13. skiddlez

skiddlez Gold Member

i wish i could help but i have nor land or a horse float or anything to help :( All i can assist with would maybe if anyones house gets damaged by the fire :(

14. Wendy

Wendy Well-known Member

MO5 - Which Radio station are you listening to for the latest news? I know a lot of horse owners in that area.

15. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

wendy if they need help ring me - im happy to help but wouldnt know where to start?

16. LeedaleLodgeChik

LeedaleLodgeChik Well-known Member

Have two towing cruisers and two horses floats doubles if anyone needs me 0438997355 and we have heaps of yards accom and available for stallions to stay

17. mum of five

6PR and Sunshine FM have been doing calls for float owners, maybe give them a call if u can help and see what u can do, there is also info on the web -FESA site re fire..........

18. mum of five

19. Wildwood

Wildwood Well-known Member

wish I could help :(
    Stay safe guys and good luck!

20. buggalugs

buggalugs Well-known Member

just a heads up - trains are stopping at cockburn and busses the remainder of the way - looks like i might work late to avoid sitting at the station...