Lynx in Harness

Discussion in 'Training Horses' started by PPH, Feb 23, 2014.

1. PPH

PPH Guest

It has been a long time since I have posted on stockies but am so proud of my boy I had to share.

My 20 year old QH stallion Lynx's first time in harness and he did not bat an eyelid, did not phase him in the least. The harness needed some extra holes and adjustments so did not do to much. have since made adjustments and been out on the road, sooo much fun, bit of a change from cutting and reining ;)

[​IMG][/URL]
    [​IMG][/URL]
    [​IMG][/URL]
    [​IMG][/URL]
    [​IMG][/URL]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2014
  2. Deb2

Deb2 Guest

Looking good there Kylie.:)*

Looks like you might need to invest in a bigger sulky for the boy if you plan to do a bit more harness work. Something wider and higher.

Do you have someone to help you adjust the harness so the sulky 'floats' properly??? If not, send me a message and I can help you as I used to do a bit of harness ;)

Shilo will be doing just this when I get to the point of not being able to ride anymore.

Lynx is a credit to you and this shows how much faith and trust he has in you. Well done and thanks for sharing.:)*

3. Noelle

Noelle Gold Member

Boy, this gives me a few ideas. :rockon:

4. PPH

PPH Guest

Deb I would love you to come out and give me a hand. :) I did get it sitting a bit better after I put more holes in the harness.Yeah I know it is a little small and hope to trade up eventually for something bigger but really not doing much other than going for a walk so ok for now. Maybe some different shafts, the current ones bend in a fair bit at the end so was thinking straight shafts.