Looking at a horse today....

Discussion in 'Open Discussions' started by Naomi, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Naomi

Naomi Well-known Member

Hopefully my adopted Grandad Keith and I will come back with a "heavy float" today. We are looking at taking on a rescue horse. See how we go...

2. wheatbeltanimalrescue

wheatbeltanimalrescue Well-known Member

Good luck and remember to tread carefully **)
    Good on you for helping out an unwanted horse!!!
    Remember to update us all as soon as you get time :p

3. Naomi

Naomi Well-known Member

Yeah, will be treading carefully. I've lined up 3 avenues of help if necessary and have a contingency plan but i'd say this little man will be easy enough to help. He needs a bit of money spent on him but hopefully he'll make up for it by allowing my OH and I to ride together =)

4. wheatbeltanimalrescue

Fantastic :)* Hope it all works out well today!!! Like i said, don't forget the update and piccies!!! LOL

5. Naomi

Naomi Well-known Member

Yeah don't worry mate, there will be progress updates and piccies galore. I've just learn't to seal the deal first! =)

Jessie will be beside himself. A new paddock mate! Although he'll probably still round up his sheep and pretend to be the almighty sheep stallion protector again....so embarrassing...=)

6. wheatbeltanimalrescue

Ha ha ha so he thinks he is king alpaca then???? LOL how cute :p

7. Naomi

Naomi Well-known Member

We borrowed Keith's horse Casper so that Coda Cowgirl and I could ride around the farm and Jess was more interested in keeping Casper away from the sheep than he was in having a new friend! Poor Jess. I think he just adapts to whatever situation I plonk him into and makes the best of it. He either thinks he's a sheep or thinks they are his mares...Either way he needs help!

8. Tic Tac

Tic Tac Well-known Member

Best of Luck.
    Hope it all goes well

9. wheatbeltanimalrescue

He sounds like a very sweet horse!! Good on him :)*
    I have a few sheep that think they're dogs if that makes you feel any better? ha ha ha