Log Fence Results

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by celestialdancer, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Secret85

Secret85 Well-known Member

Just looked up the results... I came 24th, out of 30 competitors. :) 40 time penalties in the cross country, I say time, because we cleared every jump, and although we semi stopped infront on the drop and the ski jump, the stop was for half a second before he jumped - surely that isn't seen as a refusal? I didn't turn him away from the jumps, and it was more just a pause before jumping, there wasn't a need for any more footsteps from him.

There is a few nice photos of me in the dressage :)

2. myponies

myponies Guest

I was under the impression that falling off in X country entailed elimination :confused:

3. Dashbabe

Dashbabe Well-known Member

This event was run under PCAWA rules, not ewa...so 2 falls and your out in pc, ewa once you fall of once your not alowed to finish the course

pretty sure it was that last time i checked

4. Secret85

When I read the rules last week that was the case dashbabe - two falls of the rider, one of the horse before elimination....
    But one person in my class is listed as eliminated after 1 fall - maybe she was injured or the horse took off???

5. zendor

zendor Well-known Member

Im pretty sure your actually meant to be checked by an ambulance before you continue .. so she may not have been okay or may not have wanted to continue.

6. tilda

tilda Well-known Member

theres also the time limit to get round the course, if the horse took off after she fell they may not have been able to catch it for a while and then she wouldnt of been allowed to continue

7. buggalugs

buggalugs Well-known Member

for stops it all comes down to the jump judge,drops you are allowed to pause (and it really is just a pause)... jumps you cant stop, if the judge was strict, they may have taken your pause as a stop...

8. Secret85

Photo's are up for showjumping and x country now. :)
    I mustn't have been a good subject to photograph in the jumping... only one show jumping, and fourteen of me cantering through the bush, towards the jump - no jumps in the pictures though. The riders before me got jumping photos, the rider after me didn't get cross country jumping either, just cantering through the bush photos....

ETA: buggalugs, would they mark it down if one of the jump judges said I had a stop so I knew about it? The results don't mention a stop... just the 40.0 penalties.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
  9. zendor

zendor Well-known Member

secret on Ktrials your Stops/fall and time get added together to just have a total xc penalties ... At the event they will post a thing normally near you class section which is xc jumps and will have a / if you where clear on the jump and a 20 or what ever they put that means you had a stop this is really the only way I think you can tell for sure as they add them together on ktrials so its abit of guess work..

10. Secret85

Alright... thanks Zendor.
    Any idea how many fault I would get for approx 2 minutes over optimum time?

11. Salinero

Salinero Well-known Member

Hey Secret, sad about the photos. I did not get many good ones either. Did U check both photographers though?

12. Bubbles

Bubbles Well-known Member

0.4 faults for every second over time...... i think

so 40 faults would be 1min 40sec

I hope I have got that right :p

Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
  13. zendor

zendor Well-known Member

Bubbles Im pretty sure they changes it ..... I cant remember to what though :eek:

14. Secret85

I've no idea who the other photographer was.... I only looked up the father/daughter that were sitting near us at dinner time...
    Can someone please PM me who the other was?

Bubbles, if you are right, that's about how long I was over... :)
    Thanks

15. Nomie

Nomie Well-known Member

Yes me too I wouldn't mind knowing who the other photographer was

16. zendor

zendor Well-known Member

Yeah me 3 H****p**y and .....?

17. bubbles oh ;) pm her