little britches results

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Tallarook, Jun 22, 2008.

1. spirit

spirit New Member

Thanks to the pinto society for a really well organised show. Great job Gemma!!! We had so much fun, it was me and my horse Peggy's first show. We got 1 first , 3 seconds and 4 thirds. Everyone was so nice and I will definitely be going back next year.

2. Maddog 29

Maddog 29 Well-known Member

Thanks for a well run show

We were there in the walk/trot ring (along with heaps of others)

The girls had a happy day with lots of pink ribbons I think the highlight was the chocolates!:D

I laid eyes on the lovely "Party" he was looking very spunky. Said hello to the girls in the Canteen who did a fantastic job and parked next to Mirawee (you mentioned the water trough would be a good place for my daughter hehe:D )

Cheers
    Amanda

3. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

See Maddog, I have lots of experience with kids... I know exactly how to handle them :D But I much prefer getting the pony ready and leaving the kids to the mother (or my mother often, but she wasn't there today) :p

4. BeccaBoo

BeccaBoo Well-known Member

After going to a party last night mum woke me up in the morning and asked if I wanted to come watch the show today lol. So dragged myself out of bed and came down :) Missed the leadrein classes -- and we got there at 10am! lol. But watched the novelties. with the leadreiners. The sack race was the most hilarious thing I have seen in a long time :p You could just tell the ponies were thinking "Oh.... my.... god. What are you DOING to me?" lol
    Mirawee, what colour was Noah again? Trying to put a pony to the name :p

There were some great little ponies there today and what a great turnout! I saw all the ponies cantering in the ring at one point. I was freaking out a little bit haha

Heidi! The canteen food was GREAT. And wow, talk about the cheapest pony club canteen I have ever come across.

BTW -- I was hanging out with the black/ brown pony with 3 socks and a big blaze on leadline. The rider was wearing purple. Hehe Mirawee, thats the pony that came reserve to you :)

Then we went to leave.... and mum (genuis) bogged the car LOL. I freaked out a bit.. I had to get to work. But it was all good :)

5. Janet

Janet Guest

Well done Keeley !! :D :)*
    Looks like you got Party's back problems sorted?
    I tried to get down to Horsemans for a look see but was at Perth and ended up penciling in the Official Pony ring. Some lovely Horseys at Perth today..

6. PINTO1980

PINTO1980 Gold Member

Thanks Bec...

We try our best to please everyone...Im glad you enjoyed the food..**)

7. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Noah is buckskin :) He was in the furthest lane away for most of the games.

8. Tallarook

Tallarook Well-known Member

One thing that i cant get my head around at all shows.

It amazes me how MANY parents, riders and spectators who just stand right in a gate way - Duh!!!. Obviously everyone who was there yesterday could see how many kids were in the WT ring. How many times i told riders, parents and spectators to keep the gateway clear - my god i must have been a broken record!

I couldnt beleive it after some classes parents actually asked the children who were placed in the class to stop in the gateway for a photo - my god get some brains!!!

9. forgiving

forgiving New Member

pics

Any more pics. I want to see how you all went as well as hear it. The ponies and the kids are so cute. Come on there must be heaps of pics. More pleeeeeea:)* :) :)* :) se

10. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Only pictures I have are fancy dress ones. All other pictures were taken on my rider's parents camera so I don't have them yet :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. forgiving

forgiving New Member

Mirawee your daughter and her pony look very dapper.:)* Did they enjoy themselves. Very cute!:)

12. Its Party Time

Its Party Time Well-known Member

Ah Scorpio NOW I know who you are LOL;) You did a great job.
    Yes you take your life in your own hands going to shows like this one!
    My gripe is that kids that are going to go to shows really need to learn some Arena/show etiquette ! Quite dangerous when they all are trying to get in or out of the arena all together! I nearly got trampled by a girl galloping up the pathway to the Arena's#(
    I understand the kids get excited but safety should not be compromised.

13. Cav

Cav Gold Member

If someone gives me a rough date for next year (if thats even possible right now?) I will donate 4 pony garlands instead of 4 trophies for the Little Britches Show 2009 just for you Mirawee. :)* Glad your rider liked the trophy though! **)

14. Tallarook

Tallarook Well-known Member

I think the grounds at Horsemans are absolutely great, i like the idea of the rings completely seperate and fenced seperately.

I think the kids would just LOVE one of your beautiful garlands Cav, im with you in supporting and sponsoring these types of shows.

15. Cav

Cav Gold Member

Supporting these shows, ensures they continue to run :D After all...its for the kids isnt it!! :)* **) :D

16. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Yay Cav :)

Ashley enjoyed her day very much. Her mum (please note once again... I am NOT her mother :D) told her she had to give the trophy to me since Noah is mine and the look she gave was priceless :p Needless to say the trophy is on the shelf above her bed (or so I have been told) :)

17. PINTO1980

PINTO1980 Gold Member

Thanks Cav..Thats a lovely offer..:)

I would say it will be around the same time next yr...**)

18. Cav

Cav Gold Member

No problem.

Any particular colours you want or just leave it up to my imagination??:)*

19. PINTO1980

PINTO1980 Gold Member

Will leave it up to you..Im sure what ever you come up with will be lovely...

Im starting to pull my hair out now for the Halter show..Have just had one sponsor pull out and still waiting for another 6 or so to get back to me...:( *#)

Thanks again....

20. BeccaBoo

BeccaBoo Well-known Member

Haha Mirawee! I was within 3 metres of meeting a Stockie and never even knew :p I thought Noah was a little cutie :)