Letter from the Chair - wow!

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Nattyh, May 7, 2012.

1. nannygoat

nannygoat Gold Member

Actually I was very surprised that they went to the calender year, it made more sense for them to stay int the financial years as they were almost guarenteed at least 2 years membership for those with performance cards running in the leaderboard comps. They had to rejoin to stay in the running lol

if that makes sense...

And do you think if they return to the financial year, they might notify members the fee's are only for 6mths or sting members again fraudulently as they did last time.
    Some people have long memories.

2. Double Helix

Double Helix Well-known Member

The City of Swan **)

3. Murray

Murray Well-known Member Staff Member

...it would seem that the City Of Swan owns the property which kills off any idea to rezone for partial sell off.#(

[​IMG]

cheers

4. Murray

Murray Well-known Member Staff Member

thanks DH, just missed your post.:) went off and did my own research.:)

cheers

5. mb123

mb123 New Member

."it would seem that the City Of Swan owns the property which kills off any idea to rezone for partial sell off"

Yes it kills that idea, but what it doesnt kill the idea that part of the SEC could house other sports facilities and events could run in conjunction? For example building a multi-discipline indoor facility on the car park/float park field (dont know how else to describe it) could bring in a large revenue stream.

Dept of Sport & Rec and other State Sporting Authorities9 some of which whom are very financial) are struggling to find land that will not be faced with the issue of Urban Encroachment in the coming year, which of course the SEC doesn't as it cant be sold off for development

6. Random_Winger

Random_Winger Well-known Member

Now THAT I remember. I did a little back flip. Their blatantly obvious attempts to steal away our hard earned money to compete in the sport we love, just to try and save their arses (which clearly didn't work)

There absolutely NEEDS to be 6 month/1 year membership options, because, hell, I've not done a single ounce of competing/training(need to be a bloody member for those too! Even if they aren't directly affiliated) this first half of the year, and will probably go out after July 1st (More EWA events available anyway), but I didn't want to be stuck with ANOTHER joining fee, on top of the student fee of $365.

When I spoke to a friend about it, she broke it down and said, "for the coverage you get, that's $1 a day you're paying for 24/7 insurance", WHICH MADE SENSE. I just can't realistically pay for a whole year in one hit. :}

7. pso

pso Gold Member

if insurance is your only aim- join SHC- Thats less than $2 a week for a higher level of coverage ;)

8. Random_Winger

Random_Winger Well-known Member

I don't really care if I fall off my horse, happens all the time..I just want to compete!! :p

It's like being stuck between a jump and a frozen horse :eek: (see...a very horsey way of saying rock and a hard place)

9. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Have they changed the EWA or SHC insurance recently PSO? When I checked at the beginning of the year EWA insurance coverage was higher :confused:

10. pso

pso Gold Member

Appears you are right Mirawee- I was told by someone who had claimed that benefits were lower under new insurance, I didnt actually look :eek: ...It appears they are only lower for non-medicare expenses (physio/ chiro etc)...So you are definitely better off if you get sued, killed or disabled under EWA! **) (however- if you are more likely to just get injured and need physio, home help and tutoring- SHC will be a better option)

11. Buggs

Buggs New Member

Yay... :)

EWA Half Yearly Membership Offer
    EWA is pleased to announce that it will be offering a half yearly membership in 2012.*Based on feedback received from members and supporters we have decided to offer a half year membership starting from July 1st, 2012 to cover the second half of the year.*As has traditionally been the case with EWA membership in previous years, the membership fee will be set at a 30% discount on the full year fee for each category.
    The 6 monthly membership fees for each category are:
    Senior Member - $285.00***************************
    Associate Member - $255.00
    Junior Member - $255.00**
    Student Member - $255.00
    Recreational Member - $155.00*****************
    Official Member - $125.00
    SEC Member - $100.00
    As an added incentive to join for the remainder of the year EWA will waive any joining fees that would be applicable to your membership, making it even cheaper to be part of the action for the second half of the year.
    If you would like, you can even pay your membership fee in monthly installments using EWA?s easy monthly payment plan.
    For more information on the half yearly memberships please contact the EWA office (9296 1200) or visit the EWA website to download the half yearly membership form HERE.

well done EWA for offering 6monthly membership.
    You will have 2 memberships coming your way :)

12. Elanda

Elanda Gold Member

hell of a lot more expensive than paying the 12 months :( I guess you could just show 6 months of the year though

13. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Better than paying the full price for only 6 months cover though!

14. Melle79

Melle79 Well-known Member

Does anyone know where I can find the rules around qualifying for the EA HOTY? I can't find it in the handbook thing. I would consider joining if I'd have time to qualify

Plus there are a few dressage comps I'd like to do

Thanks!

15. Cassy Horse

Cassy Horse Well-known Member

Hey Melle

Taken from the weekly EWA Newsletter -

Please note; Points are NOT required for qualification for the 2012 HOY. However, you will be required to show [via your Show Horse Performance Card] that you have attended and competed at THREE EWA affiliated Show Horse events between close of entries 2011 and close of entries 2012.

You can sign up for the newsletters on the website :)

16. Melle79

Melle79 Well-known Member

I will have to enquire. I imagine I would have to have been a member of the EA at the time of competition for it to count?

I am only a SHC member

I'll look into it thanks!