Lets Blue !!!

Discussion in 'Training Horses' started by Brew, May 3, 2011.

1. lollipop

lollipop Active Member

Last edited: Jun 7, 2011
  2. mod 7

mod 7 Moderator

We'd like to remind members that if you wish to promote yourself as a trainer on the forum then you need to become a paid advertiser. If a few posts dissappear out of this thread it is because it's not within the forum advertising policy.
    Please note that personal digs won't be tolerated.

3. Excelsior Centerpiece

Excelsior Centerpiece Well-known Member

to fit in 25 horses a day training- how. to achieve anything with any horse i ride i set aside at least 2-3 hours per session.. from getting out fo the paddock to putting him back, sometimes it needs more... any less and i dont believe im doing it justice or have achieved enough..

how do you fit in 25 horses a day? unless they are trackwork TBs?

4. lollipop

lollipop Active Member

Excelsior, I never said I ride 25 horses a day I believe I mentioned US and riding (loping) 25 horses a day so the cutting trainer can work them on cattle for probably about ten mins a day, of which I also never said I did, it was suggested to me about ten yrs ago by a friend who is a now pro trainer in the US. I mentioned about 8 a day I believe.. at the most.:))

5. Excelsior Centerpiece

Excelsior Centerpiece Well-known Member

ohhhhhhh ok... still 8 is pretty impressive

6. Brew

Brew Well-known Member

Lollipop I can only dream that one day I will be good enoughto measure up to you !!

7. lollipop

lollipop Active Member

The tone of this thread has certainly taken a turn from the first post. LOL
    Really Brew sarcasm is the lowest form of wit and the highest form of stupidity however I must say I am a bit of a sarcasm fan myself so you go girl.:))

Back on topic anyone...?**)

8. beagle

beagle Well-known Member

lollipop you remind me of someone who used to be on here burbling a fair bit about RH & TD & the timing/feel stuff.
    luckily she's no longer on here.

9. lollipop

lollipop Active Member

Beagle really...... #( Perhaps people feel that others are burbling when they are afraid of the unknown or cannot grasp a concept , I'm not sure however sureley I am allowed to stick up for my beliefs? Everyone else can why not me? Keep on with the nitty picky go get em crap, water off a ducks back to me, keep it rolling I say!!

Last edited: Jun 7, 2011
  10. beagle

beagle Well-known Member

get defensive all you like sweetie but i grasp a lot of concepts & am perfectly secure in my beliefs, perhaps therein lies the problem. i know what i know & am quite happy with it. no need to sprout any other dribble.;) & no -one is saying don't stick up for what you believe in, that is fine. duck away....;)

11. The whole point of this thread has been to bully what other people believe in. Is that really fair for the others that disagree with the select few? Hopefully something can be learnt from this thread that bullying is not acceptable and that there are other ways.:}

Brew if you don't like NH and PP then don't use their methods but don't bag them in public. #(
    lena

12. Brew

Brew Well-known Member

I started this thread on a slow news day to create a bit of a diversion and I thought I made that plain at the begining. I have had fun with Blackbat who I respect and hope to meet one day. I don't really care what methods people use - if it suits then go for it. The whole game changes when somebody tells us that there method is better than anyone elses but then refuses to say what method. I am very open about my methods and don't seek to bully anyone. I have re-read this thread and don't see any bullying - just people stating their beleifs

13. beagle

beagle Well-known Member

i've personally had a bit of enjoyment from reading this thread, no bullying seen Lena.
    if anything, it's interesting to see who pisses in someone else's pockets.;)
    gotta pass the time somehow lovey.:D

14. BugEye

BugEye Active Member

Natural horsemanship is basically understanding the way horses think and respond. Certain people have taken the basics and turned it into a money making endeavour for them selves but all horsemanship is based one way or another on the basics. Watch a mare and foal and that is natural horsemanship in the purest form. The mare controls the foal's forward movement by controlling the rearend and then controls the direction by manouvering the shoulders. Bit's and reins are their for humans. The mouth does not control direction or momentum. take the pressure off the engine (hindquarters) and the horse will stop forward momentum. Take pressure off the shoulders and the horse will go straight. Not "natural" horsemanship or "PH" just pure equine basics.

15. beagle

beagle Well-known Member

so Davrac assuming you ride, where do you reckon the phrase "get the horse to follow it's nose" comes from? & most top trainers in any discipline will say "get the horse bent in the direction it's going".... & do you follow your principles when you ride? just askin'.....

16. BugEye

BugEye Active Member

Beagle, yes I ride and have MANY NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS to compliment it too. Follow it's nose HMMMM. If you control the shoulder the horse will flex and head in the direction it is facing. Would that not be following it's nose???

17. beagle

beagle Well-known Member

not necessarily davrac if it pops out the shoulder & runs thru it. but that is not controlling the shoulder, just stating an incidence of when the horse can run counter to where nose is pointing. doesn't matter how many championships you've won to me sweetie i go by what good trainers tell me. this partic example was from SB.
    my horses go where i tell them to go, with correct bend & flexion.;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2011
  18. BugEye

BugEye Active Member

OH so what people tell you not what you know??

19. Brew

Brew Well-known Member

Getting interesting ! I was always taught "Ride the legs" - Can we have another thread on what is bend ????????????????

20. beagle

beagle Well-known Member

work in progress, doing what works, finding out what works, putting into practice what being told is right, seeing that it is indeed right, thus re-inforcing that said instructions works...hence i know.
    I trust Mr B quite a lot.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2011