Lesson time again! :)

Discussion in 'Horse Riding' started by Smiley n Me, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Smiley n Me

Smiley n Me Gold Member

Lessons at MC's again today! :)

Both MC & Gaia did very well - but will let them fill everyone in!

My lesson was great - HUGE improvement from last week, yay!
    Even got some nice calm canter work - had lots of fun and walked away with a big smile on my dial and very happy with my boy.
    Damn it was hot tho! haha

We had a great day - with a few spectators (Emma16, Premier - Paddys girl dropped in too)
    We organised abit of a lunch and YUM! (altho i didnt really eat after my lesson, was too busy guzzling water)

Here are some pics....

Me & Hugo (thanks Prem!)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Gaia n Trix (will let her post more pics as i know Em got heaps on her camera)
    [​IMG]

The lovely Larry with Deon & MC
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Smiley n Me

Smiley n Me Gold Member

Cant forget the candid shots!

MC
    [​IMG]

Prem cleaning up with her GORGEOUS - 'Daddy I want a Pony' shirt!
    [​IMG]

Gaia & I went home and the rest of them went shopping at Horseland - ekkkk - I spent too much there yesterday! haha

3. SMR

SMR Well-known Member

All 3 horses are looking great Smiley!

See you at the summer series? **)

4. Gaia

Gaia Gold Member

Hello

Premi, MC, Emma and Gaia Here :)

Great to see the thread up already

Yes we did spend to much today and will all be home soon to fill you in

How Great is my shirt :)

Glad some of the photos turned out fantastic, glad i am good for something

5. Smiley n Me

Smiley n Me Gold Member

Hey SMR - maybe the Feb lot? See how we go! hehe

LOL @ you lot - you crack me up - Gaia, atleast you let ppl in ur house! (haha)

6. Gaia

Gaia Gold Member

They have all gone home now, so i will post my bit lol

Was a great day today, even tho it was hot, my lesson went well. Today my lesson pretty much focused on half halts. Not so much the half halt itself, but the softening AFTER the half halt. When Trix gets heavy I tend to hang on so Deon was focussing on the softening of my hands and LOTS of HH's. I know what I have to do but it is bloody hard doing it sometimes! lol.
    Hugo looked fantastic today. I wish my horsie could canter like that! And well......Larry is just a star! My goal with Trix is to have her working as good as Larry.

All in all was a fantastic day. Premi, you are the life of the party girl! I was still laughing all the way home. Thanks Em for all your help, you a star!

Great pics Brooke! Will have to upload some of Larrys video work.

7. Gaia

Gaia Gold Member

My house cleaner was here today so it was safe! lol

8. Emma16

Emma16 Well-known Member

omg i only just got home.... had a very nice day out today.... went and watched the lessons..... the girls rode very well today.... omg deon is a crack up lol*#)
    then MC and Premi and myself went horsey shopping.... i was a good girl lol i only bought a cotton combo:D

SMR deon said BFSD went really well today**)

9. Horsetalk

Horsetalk Well-known Member

Great photos Smiley, Hugo is going well. :) **) I like his outline.
    MC and Gaia got enough praise, so I won't even mention them. :p
    I do love the pony shirt. :)*

10. Smiley n Me

Smiley n Me Gold Member

Thanks Horsetalk! ;)

Gaia - trying to load some youtube for her now :)

11. Ltd Edition Madcow

Ltd Edition Madcow Well-known Member

First Off I have to say how much I looove Premies "Daddy I want a Pony" Tshirt!**) The hat is kinda growing on me and only I saw prem wearing Chrissies Pink Bell Boots around her ankles in an attempt at sun protection!LOL:D Prem is excellent value and a real asset to our lessons!

Secondly I'm not sure that I'm overly keen on my candid shot!?LOL And you knew the house rules before coming!LOL:p (I told everyone not to drink too much!)

Thanks to Emma16 for not only bringing drinks but thinking of bringing cups to put it in**) Gaia I missed out on your Rolls:(

OMG Paddy's Girl Mum is a legend for buying her that float!:eek:

Smiley and Hugo went great with a huge improvement.

Gaia - I'm going to suggest sitting trot without stirrups for your next lesson.

I think I'm more tired from shopping than my lesson. hehe

12. Gaia

Gaia Gold Member

Umm..............................NO!:p

13. Smiley n Me

Smiley n Me Gold Member

awww - i SO missed the pink bell boots! pftttt

hehe - sowwy - want me to remove the pic!? I have a better one of you laughing as your trotting around... hehe

I didnt get a roll and coleslaw either! Me thinks next time we should sit under goat gazebo and eat after! hehe

14. Gaia

Gaia Gold Member

Just watched the videos that Emma took. They look good. Those extended trots were VERY hard to ride! Got lots of work to do tho, I want extensions like Larrys! Trixies are still very much running.:)

15. Cheeki

Cheeki Gold Member

Hehe sounds like a good day all round then?

Nice shirt too ;)

16. Satorii Lodge

Satorii Lodge Well-known Member

well cait and i went shopping and we were very baaaaad ....$1500 worth ouch ....was great fun tho lol

17. Ltd Edition Madcow

Ltd Edition Madcow Well-known Member

LOL I didn't say anything about my lesson!LOL

It started off with me making DS ride Larry. First reason for that is he gets Larry nice and soft etc and it saves me alot of work. Second reason for that was it was hot!

DS then went off to change into some shorts and told me not to wreck him in the mean time and stick to walk. So that's what I did! I soon changed that really forward purposeful walk back into a stumbling along plod*#) (fast walk is scarey)

I had a few 'vegemite blonde' moments but in my deffence an awful lot of 'Trick' questions were asked!

Didn't do that much today. Apparently we were supposed to Start off trying to keep everything soft whilst keeping the accuracy. The aim then was to keep things soft and accurate and then ask for more impulsion etc.

Not sure which bit I did if any?LOL:confused:

Oh and my canter is still crooked! I have worked out that when the canter feels good I am crooked and when it feels craps I might be straight?

18. Smiley n Me

Smiley n Me Gold Member

LOL - you had to put the 'changing of clothes' part in! hehe (no pics sorry!)

Yeah, gotta love those trick questions he he

Finally loaded your first ever YouTube (3 hrs later!)

YouTube - MC n Larry

19. Gaia

Gaia Gold Member

Cool Brooke. I wish I knew how. Do you just do it like photobucket?

20. chavi

chavi Well-known Member

I love reading your lesson updates girls, keep up the hard work (sounds like a lot of fun too!) :D

And Prem, your shirt is fantastic, I want one :D