latest posts..

Discussion in 'Forum Management and Operation' started by Riviebby93, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Riviebby93

Riviebby93 New Member

hi mods,
    my cp isnt loading the latest posts, only ones from 2 days ago...and no replies to threads either..
    cheers
    Riviebby93

2. Murray

Murray Well-known Member Staff Member

3. Fortune

Fortune New Member

I've been having similar problems too :confused:

4. Murray

If you are logged in the forums should operate as normal and there should not be a problem. It is only when you are not logged in and browsing the forums that you could encounter this problem(not seeing the latest posts).

Reason being is that the new functionality is designed so that users not logged in will use a cached page instead of making a direct hit on the system. Thus reducing cpu usage. We are still testing to determine the best time to flush the cached pages ie. every 2hrs, 4hrs; every system is different and therefore requires the determination of a usage pattern before implementation. At the moment we are flushing the cache every 24 hrs.

The idea behind this is to reduce resource usage particularly cpu usage and therefore setting up Stockyard to continue operating long into the future with minimal disruption.

Your patience and understanding is appreciated while we work through this implementation process.

cheers...admin

5. Shenalar

Shenalar Well-known Member

I'm logged in and cannot see 'some' of the latest threads and posts.

I know it's like this as I'm at work today, and some of the threads I was reading and posting in last night are not visible today here at work. Also, my latest posts are not visible here, but were at home.

I am DEFINATEY logged in.
    I'll try clearing my cache etc *sigh*

actually, no I won't clear my cache, temp internet files etc, as I am not on my computer at work and don't want to bugger my bosses pages up etc.

Is there anything else we can do?

Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  6. Shenalar

I still can't see any new posts.
    I'm logged in again (at work), and nothings changed.

Don't know if anyone's replied to this thread either, as I can't see any updates...............

If anyone CAN help, could you try PMing me and see if I can get that?

Thanks in advance :(

7. Murray

You really need to delete the temporary internet files and cookies. Reboot and try accessing the forums again, don't forget to check 'remember me' when you log in. You won't bugger up the bosses computer; is there another computer you can use or perhaps you should wait until you are at home? I guarantee that it will work!

cheers...admin

8. Shenalar

Thanks for the reply admin.
    My home computer (am home now) works fine.
    I've never logged in at work before, so I'm not sure why I would have to clear the internet files and cookies etc.

Anyway, I won't do it on her computer at work, as I'm pretty sure by deleting the cookies etc then it will erase all her saved password etc (we rely on them a lot), as she doesn't have the latest IE where you get to choose.

I think I'll just have to stick to not looking at stockies whilst at work........ errr yeah.... just have to keep telling myself I am not paid to read stockies lol

9. springbok

springbok Well-known Member

Admin, I've deleted temporary internet files, used firefox and I.E and changed computers AND net connections and the forums still freeze on a given time ie. haven't updated from about 7pm tonight.

I know I am not the only user with this problem.

I understand there has been problems with the server etc. but I think you should know that deleting temp net files and cookies doesn't fix the problem.

esy

10. TBPA

TBPA Well-known Member

yes even when logged on it doesn't work properly for me. It appears I'm not logged on for a start and I can see more posts when I'm not logged on??

11. Murray

hi springbok, thanks for the info. Did you check 'remember me'? We have made more changes this morning and will be monitoring.

hi tbpa, thanks for the info also. I think you need to try deleting all your temporary internet files and cookies. then reboot and try accessing the forums again, don't forget to check 'remember me' when you log in.

cheers...admin

12. springbok

springbok Well-known Member

I have now admin and it's working - know quite a few other members who are in the same boat (and won't see this thread) so will pass it on.

13. Murray

Thanks springbok!**) My system shows that 541 members have logged in over the past 24 hours which is excellent. I am hoping that the system changes will soon bed down and members will no longer experience associated problems.

cheers...admin