LARA floats

Discussion in 'Open Discussions' started by beks, Apr 12, 2009.

1. beks

beks Well-known Member

Hi guys,

Does any one have a Lara float? and what do you think of them good or bad.
    We are looking for a 4 horse any ideas appreciated.

2. naughtydog63

naughtydog63 Well-known Member

I have one, had it for 5 years and no major issues. I got one when they just started out, they look like they have really improved over the years.
  3. gene rulz

gene rulz New Member

lara floats Just wanted to say a huge "Thank you TO lara floats ", my float is absolutely perfect, I love it, couldn't fault it in any way.
    I certainly recommend lara floats, already have actually as everyone who see's mine are blown away by its looks, quality and price!, i have also been in there work shop and see how they made there frames are all made out of super gall so the frame will not rust the floor rails are very close apart and are fully welded all around the joins they are then zincked
    primed and painted it was fantastic that the owners showed us around there work shop they had 6 frames on the go and finished ones we could look at ,i was looking around for a float for 1 year and ask people at shows how had one and they just loved them and the other thing i noticed i always looked in the horse deals and very rarely seen one for sale well done, Gene rulz
  4. indianappy

indianappy New Member

hi, I bought a Lara float back in december 09, and I APSOLUTLY love it, I went from a 2 straigh load to a 3 angle and was real unsure about alot of things as I"ve never gone and bought a new float before, after ringing them that many times, and talking, I finally ordered my purple and white 3 horse angle, and I've soooo over happy with it, they couldnt help me enough, and if anything went wrong to give them a call straight away I was very very very impressed with the service as they were the only float company that didnt mind me ringing and changing my mind about what I wanted nor with some of the paint job, and the freight cost over from VIC to tassie was very very cheap, I HIGHLY recomend them, there are that many getting around in Tassie its amazing, even 1 of my friends have just ordered hers. My horses love it, and float really well in it, and all me tack fits soo snug in my swing out tack box and when I sleep in it, I dont get wet!!!!!

Thanks Lara floats, I'll never EVER buy another float in my life, I'm impressed with the quality and customer service, I'll NEVER find better.
  5. Tempo

Tempo Well-known Member

LOL! Obvious, obvious, obvious.... :}
    *shakes head*

anyway - sorry Beks. Have no idea on the Lara floats, but good luck with your search! :)*
  6. Arnie

Arnie Gold Member

Thats what I thought.
  7. ellechim69

ellechim69 Guest

Are they trying to be sneeky lol
  8. LOL was thinking the same :eek:
  9. Teddie1980

Teddie1980 Well-known Member

hahah at the above.

But sorry don't know much about the Lara floats - don't even know of anyone with one :eek:
  10. Magic Moon

Magic Moon Well-known Member

Looking at their website, I would be concerned about what appears to be an opening in the A frame at the drawbar. Not recommended. Also, for a four horse float, I imagine the tail gate will be rather heavy. Most springs for heavy doors are very difficult to adjust, so I would strongly recommend having gas struts fitted. Had that done on mine and it made a fantastic difference in the lowering and raising of the tailgate. Don't know anything about the Lara.

The two earlier posts recommending the Lara float are rather suspect, and obvious, as others have hinted at.
  11. Beutey

Beutey Well-known Member

Crap, crap, crap and i hope Lara floats come back on to see it! Maybe you should have posted a few days apart :}
  12. Tempo

Tempo Well-known Member

and built up a few post numbers. Not first post for both - not to mention written in the same form :rolleyes:
    Makes you wonder whether it really was worth the effort.....LOL!
  13. Beutey

Beutey Well-known Member

Well Tempo now everyone knows they have to talk themselves up LOL!!
  14. Fat Tiger

Fat Tiger Active Member

Will pm you with lengthy details.
    If anyone else wants these details let me know.
  15. ArabAtHeart

ArabAtHeart Well-known Member

bahahaha, sorry, but 'APSOLUTLY' isn't spelt with a P.... heheh that gave the a laugh. Bit obvious there...
  16. Magic Moon

Magic Moon Well-known Member

Have just been reading a thread about Lara floats on a Victorian Horse Forum.
    The thread covers several years and has many opposing views. The people not liking the Lara was based on the floor not being strong enough, welding coming undone and early rust. I would certainly not purchase one unless there was an excellent local service centre to fix any problems that may occur.

indianappy (fourth post above) also joined the Victorian forum several days ago and his/her post was very similar to the above.
    If anyone want to know which forum, I will PM them.