Kit's Foals!

Discussion in 'Breeding Horses' started by Lokenzo, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

This breeding season is so exciting for me, 6 foals due by our boy Kit with the first one now being 3 weeks old (Dark Embrace's beautiful filly) and also my Anglo Arab foal due later in the year.

I am trying to not let the excitement get the better of me now that my mare is getting closer and closer (329 days today!).

First, this is 'Dory,' Dark Embraces gorgeous filly. Dory is out of her absolutely gorgeous Thoroughbred mare by Kit.

Now at 3 weeks, I think you can see the Friesian influence starting to show in her neck!
    [​IMG]

And this one when she was just 1 week
    [​IMG]

And here is a photo set with my girl, her EDD is 21 September but she has gone over with both her last foals so expecting it will more likely come in October, probably while I am at the Royal!
    [​IMG]

He also has Kira and Lance's mare (I know Kira is on here but don't remember her forum name!) due around the 20 September, she is showing more signs of being closer than my girl. She is another lovely mare so its another foal I am looking forward to seeing.
    [​IMG]

The rest of the mares are still a little further off yet but will be sure to share!:rockon:

2. Lovely baby, Lokenzo**) lots of leg, very typey:)* the foal out of the red mare will be a ripper too:rockon:

3. citygirl

citygirl Gold Member

wwahhooo ! huge congrats :)

cheers
    Lee

4. wawa85

wawa85 Guest

The filly is so cute! Definitely showing the Friesan influence congrats to you and Dark Embrace.
    Can't wait to see the rest of Kit's goals :)

5. foxleigh stud

foxleigh stud Active Member

I look forward to seeing them all as they arrive!! :D

6. old_mate

old_mate Well-known Member

Your bay mare is a stunner the resulting foal is going to be something else.

7. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

Thanks all :) I have always dreamt of breeding but didn't want to do it until I could afford to do it properly so lots of dreams and planning coming to light now!

8. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

Sporty yesterday at 334 days. She has a bit of a bag happening now, teets still face inwards, butt is jelly like but still tight around her tail and back of her rump. I can't see her going by the weekend but hopefully not too much longer!

[​IMG]

9. Remaani

Remaani Guest

I just adore that filly.. can see the Friesian influence in her. <3
    Look forward to Kit's next foals due. :)

10. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

I think she is pretty special too Remaani!

Well, Kit's next foal has arrived out of the chestnut mare above! Hoping the owners pop in soon and update you!

11. horsesarelife

horsesarelife Well-known Member

Here is the foal out of the Chestnut mare above. He is now 1 week old and a big show off!

So this is Neo (Neo Knight). I did post some last week but they weren't working.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

He is an absolute cracker of a colt! As bold as they come already, who needs Mum? :p Thanks for letting me meet him horsesarelife, hope he is everything and more you dream of :)

13. GoneRama

GoneRama Gold Member

Kit is certainly putting some nice babies on the ground :wub:

Is this his first crop?

14. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

Thanks GR :) I am very impressed by what he has produced so far, the lovely mares certainly help too!

He had one foal born last season but sadly he passed away in July at just 7 months old. He was a super little black colt.

My own mare is 351 days now and still has her legs crossed!

[​IMG]

15. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

My mare has popped! I will get better photos in the morning but for now its phone photos since I have been at the Royal all day.

She is a dark bay filly with a big white star! Very big foal and doing well with her mum. Already showing some spunk :p

[​IMG]

16. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

So I have some more pictures! Meet 'Larnie.'

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. pin

pin New Member

Love this filly!

Between mum and dad, no wonder you got a corker!

18. wawa85

wawa85 Guest

Congrats Bailey she's gorgeous!

19. Lokenzo

Lokenzo Gold Member

Thanks Pin and Wawa :D I was hoping for a lovely baby but never in a million years expected a star like that, awesome finishing touch!!!

Mare #4 popped this morning, Tammy got a lovely bay filly with a star and snip. Mare and foal are well. Massive amount of bone on this filly!

2 more mares to foal by Kit, a lovely big Cleveland Bay and a gorgeous black Thoroughbred.

Meet 'un-named'
    [​IMG]

20. GoneRama

GoneRama Gold Member

Un-named looks to have a very similar star to Larnie :)

Cute babies.