Kelmscott-Rolyestone fire

Discussion in 'Open Discussions' started by Kiwigirl, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Kiwigirl

Kiwigirl Well-known Member

2. stormie

stormie Well-known Member

if anyone needs a hand moving horses let me know i have a double horse float hooked up and ready to go

3. izzy2512

izzy2512 Gold Member

Saw lots of Firetrucks heading that way when I was out riding today in Armadale :( the wind is crazy too

4. Que Sera Sera

Que Sera Sera Well-known Member

There are 2 houses confirmed as lost, but sources in emergency services say that its more.

5. kirsa

kirsa New Member

Kimaley, hope you and Neddies are ok. I cant come and help as I just had operation, but if you need a place for horses let me know and I will call our tenants.

Stay safe all.

6. Que Sera Sera

No one can get hold of Kimaley atm, which is a bit scary. I dont think the fire is in her immediate area, but still its scary.

7. Mum just rang and said its rather big. They have told to leave brigadoon and head there.

stay safe everyone

8. dayna

dayna Well-known Member

We are being surrounded by smoke here in the Kelmscott hills - it is getting close. Packing the cars now.

9. dayna

dayna Well-known Member

Change of plans - we are getting out NOW. There is ash falling everywhere.

10. feather feet

feather feet Well-known Member

oh crap!! stay safe guys..please ring me when your out!!:(

11. Sam & Max

Sam & Max Well-known Member

This one sounds like a baddy....I think even Jess (merrylegs) has to get out

Stay safe everyone....already homes lost of what ive read!!

12. Sallie

Sallie Well-known Member

Gee thats good News, B is still away can anyone get in contact with her family so if they need help to get her horses out just in case ?

13. kirsa

kirsa New Member

Knowing Bay, she will be out helping others. I just read the FESA report for this, so yes, not in Kimaley's area.

Hoping other stockies in the area are safe and well and have all the help they need.

14. izzy2512

izzy2512 Gold Member

I think she's away for the weekend :( Maybe if someone has Kim's number they could call her?

15. Que Sera Sera

Yeah people have been trying to call her, but she doesnt appear to be answering her phone.

16. equislave

equislave Well-known Member

I am up hill from it and it is very nasty and seems to be getting worse by the second. The wind does not help. It is on the border of Kelmscott / Roleystone so those of us further up the hill should be ok given the wind is from the East. No guarantees of course. We are just keeping an eye on it and staying close to home. The wind is just so dreadful I knew it would be a bad day for fires but this is ridiculous. Good luck to everyone.

17. deelee

deelee Well-known Member

My mum has just phoned, she has been told to evacuate (she backs onto Clifton Hills primary).

She has been here all morning helping me with the house, thank god she went home when she did, she is bringing their dog here.

Her neighbour is staying to defend his house :(

Hope everyone stays safe.

18. Gaia

Gaia Gold Member

Stormie and her sister have gone up to Bayleys with float. Horses are loaded and out! **)

19. izzy2512

izzy2512 Gold Member

Good to hear :D

20. citygirl

citygirl Gold Member

good on them ! **)**)

Cheers
    Lee