Kai's Improvement - just to share.

Discussion in 'Feeding Horses' started by Sassy, Nov 30, 2007.

1. Sassy

Sassy Gold Member

I just wanted to show everyone the improvement in my old girl, who is 18 now and didnt appear to cope very well with her last pregnancy and still did not pick up after the foal was weaned last December. She had a dry whispy coat, looked wormy not matter how many times she was wormed and had a poor topline even whilst being pretty fat an almost foundering!
    I was concerned about her health, and was told she may have had a virus & ulcers.

I started her on Hygain Senior & whey powder on her 18th birthday (19th Oct) and within a few weeks she was starting to lose her coat and was shiny underneath, i couldnt believe how quickly she changed. I think the warmer weather did help also..

anyway, here is a picture of her with the foal on her last December: (she looks better condition in this pic then i remember LOL)
    [​IMG]

about april/may: (see her neck she was close to foundering but still had a poor topline!)
    [​IMG]

September (at her worst) - at the Midas Gymkhana...
    [​IMG]

And the other day, looking absolutely fantastic again!
    [​IMG] (sorry taken on my phone... she is actually very shiny!)

just wanted to share, if anyone has a horse that appears to not be healthy for absolutely no good reason the whey powder & senior really helped my girl :)*

2. Remaani

Remaani Guest

Ah theres the old girl... she's a goey little bugger under saddle at the Gymkhana, wouldnt think she's 18!

She's looking good Krystal, but yes, Hygain Senior (i got that for Jess) is a great feed......

Looking good! :)) (hows Kazz, havent seen her for ages!!)

3. Gaia

Gaia Gold Member

Thanks for the pics Sassy. I find that one in april/may really interesting. She is a lovely mare:)

4. Sassy

Sassy Gold Member

Hey Ky, Kazz is doin alright, actually looking the shabbiest out of everyone for a change, she is losing her winter coat slower than the rest, but apart from that she is doin great!

Gaia it threw me that she was so "fat" but in such poor condition, when that pic was taken the 3 big girls were on rolls of hay & for a short time (before they got too fat) they were getting soaked lupins/barley with lucerne. I expected them to shine as was still fairly warm then, but she got the hard neck and that waas it!

And for anyone that doesnt know Kai is Kazz's Dam :)