Judging....

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Smiley n Me, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Bubbles

Bubbles Well-known Member

OK here are some of the rules out of the show horse council handbook, and yes I have just copied them, I am not retyping them all hehe.

4.0 – COMPETITOR/EXHIBITOR PROTOCOL.​
    4.1 a) It is the Competitor’s/Exhibitor’s responsibility to ensure eligibility for a class.
    b) Where any ineligibility to compete may occur, the Competitor/Exhibitor (not the
    Judge) should withdraw from the class/event.
    4.2 A Competitor/Exhibitor/Owner, should not compete under any Judge where a breach of
    these Rules may occur. It is the responsibility of the Competitor/Exhibitor to ascertain
    who is the Judge of any class/event he/she intends to compete in. Where a conflict may
    occur, the onus, in the first instance, is on the Competitor/Exhibitor to abide by the Rules
    and withdraw from competition. In the second instance, a Judge should not knowingly
    judge an ineligible entrant. Ignorance will not be accepted as a defence for breach of the​
    Rule.

5.00 – COMPETITOR/EXHIBITOR/EXHIBIT ELIGIBILITY.​
    5.1 The Competitor/Exhibitor/Exhibit is INELIGIBLE to compete if:
    a) 1. The Competitor/Exhibitor is a family member of the Judge officiating in any event
    in which he/she intends to compete.
    2. The Competitor/Exhibitor is an immediate family member of the Judge officiating
    in hack and/or riding classes at the show where he/she intends to compete, in any
    Hack and or riding class (regardless of who may be judging).
    b) The horse has been owned or leased by the Judge, or a member of his family,
    or his employer or employee, or business partner/partner within the last 12 months.
    c) The Competitor/Exhibitor/Owner or his family has provided accommodation for the
    Judge immediately prior to or during the Show or vice versa . This Rule extends to
    cover a current Landlord/Tenant relationship.
    d) Any part of the combination (horse or rider) has been given tuition by the Judge,
    or a member of his family or business partner/partner within the last 6 months.
    e) The Competitor/Exhibitor has given the Judge or a member of his family tuition
    within the last 6 months.
    Conducting of clinics, schools or assistance in Group activities such as Pony Club,
    shall not be considered as tutoring. Individual or Group lesson/s given in a school
    situation, where schools are conducted on a regular basis (within a 3 month period)
    with the same instructor, will be considered tutoring.​

f) The horse has been agisted/boarded with the Judge or the Judge’s employer or
    employee or business partner/partner within the last 6 months.
    .g) The Competitor/Exhibitor has employed or has been employed by or has been a
    business partner/partner of the Judge within the last 6 months.
    h) The Competitor/Exhibitor has trained a horse owned or leased by the Judge or a
    member of the Judge’s family or business partner/partner within the last 6 months.
    i) The Judge or a member of the Judge’s family or business partner/partner has
    shown a horse in joint names with the Competitor or a member of the Competitor’s/
    Exhibitor’s family within the last 6 months.
    j) The Judge or a member of the Judge’s family or business partner/partner has ridden a
    horse for the Competitor/Exhibitor or a member of the Competitor’s/Exhibitor’s
    family, or the Competitor/Exhibitor or a member of the Competitor’s/Exhibitor’s
    family or business partner/partner has ridden a horse for the Judge or a member of the
    Judge’s family within the last three 3 months
    k) The Judge or a member of the Judge’s family or business partner/partner has ridden
    the horse in a Rider or Turnout class and/or in any competition within the last 3
    months, or the Competitor/Exhibitor or a member of the Competitor’s/Exhibitor’s
    family or business partner/partner has ridden a horse owned by the Judge or the
    Judges family in a Rider or Turnout class and/or in any competition, within the last 3​
    months.

These are the main sections, if you want to read it all.....
    http://www.showhorsecouncilwa.com.au/forms/Competition Rules.pdf

2. Smiley n Me

Smiley n Me Gold Member

ooo - Thanks for that Bubbles! :)

3. Gaia

Gaia Gold Member

Thanks Bubbles! Hmmm.......very interesting reading. It certainly clarifys a few things for me anyway. I suppose in the end it comes down to morals, doesn't it?

4. myst

myst Active Member

Judges

I never mention on Stockyard when and if I am judging, like to stay unknown. In Dressage you cannot judge anyone who is staying with you, you have had a lesson in the last six months or they have purchased a horse off you. I know a lot of judges cannot judge certain classes due to having a pupil in the event. I do get a little toey when someone I know reports to me for a test and they say hello and call me by name. not good to do.:eek: .......