Jez or anyone Mixed Sale 29th ?

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by Shiobhan, Jul 26, 2007.

1. Shiobhan

Shiobhan Well-known Member

Are you going?
    Are you looking at any to buy or look in general?

I found a horse I like in the sale but been told Im dreaming and their proberly right. Can you tell me what he goes for as I go away tomorrow. Names Lords Ransom, Durrant trains it won last 3 starts. Hence the Im dreaming part lol

2. Jez

Jez Gold Member

Moi? go to another sale? YEH RIGHT lmfao I have an uncontrollable arm reflex at auctions - but I think you might be dreaming darlin lol, ive heard theres a lot of interest in him but I will put the feelers out if I dont um happen to drive past the sales and urgently need a pee or something...

Ive also heard a rumour he might be withdrawn from the sale but we shall see!

3. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

There is a rising 4yo mare in the catalogue that I would LOVE (off breeding)... but after getting my rescue foal I am not allowed any more :( Although I probably wouldn't have been able to afford her anyway :) So I am being good and not tempting myself by staying away :)

Results are usually up on the MM website by the Monday or Tuesday afterwards...

4. mav

mav Well-known Member

i'm off tomorrow night for a look see... the one i love is called My Pleasure... love the lines in that one!! hehe trying to drag OH77 down with me but she too scared she'll come home with one..!!

5. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Mav, can you take a picture of lot 86 for me please :D And if she is only $500 please buy her for me (think I am dreaming)!!! :D :D :D

I am being a good girl and am NOT going!

6. QHfan

QHfan Well-known Member

Hey Guys, what time does it start and finish? I'm going as a spectator only!!!!

7. Aussie Cowgirl

Aussie Cowgirl Active Member

i wanted to go have a look but the O/H said i couldnt. :(
    O well i think the bos is going to go down so i said he should have a looksie for me. Im really dissapointed, there were some nice bred filly's there that caught my eye.

8. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Results are up :) Luckily 'my' mare went for a lot more than I would have paid so that is all good :D

9. Premier

Premier Well-known Member

I went today.

Went looking for broodmares with some friends

where can i look at the results, we liked a few mares but had to leave before we could see how much they went for

10. Jez

Jez Gold Member

11. Premier

these are the ones we were looking at

Mungrup Stud (As Agent)
    Bananas
    Chestnut
    Mare
    Perugino
    Datskaap
    BROODMARE
    BETTY LAMMIE
    WA
    $ 900

Wayandah Stud
    Elzahoney
    Bay
    Mare
    El Moxie
    Clear Honey
    BROODMARE
    AARON MORTON
    WA
    $7000

Owners
    Flaming Belle
    Bay or Brown
    Mare
    Tribu
    Hot Wings
    BROODMARE
    DANIELLE MAGUIRE
    WA
    $900

12. Jez

Jez Gold Member

Not a fan of Tribu mares....known too many who are ...not nice girls LOL!.

13. Premier

Thanks Jez

they were looking at broodies for riding ponies types i think, not sure how all this breeding thing works

14. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Hey Jez, you don't happen the know the person who bought lot 86 do you? I would love to put my hand up if she fails as a race horse (assuming that is what she was sold for :p ) Saying that, I haven't even seen what she looks like (and seriously don't need any more horses!)

15. Aussie Cowgirl

Aussie Cowgirl Active Member

Lot 86 went to a Mr Robert Martin for $3500.

She is out of Blackfriars, probably a very big filly.

16. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

LOL AC. I had already checked it out but don't know who the person is - so can't go up to him and say that I want your mare if she is a bad racehorse :D

Have wanted a Blackfriar mare for ages... and I like her dam's breeding a lot as well from a performance point of view!

17. Andy

Andy New Member

Mirawee
    I had 3 horses selling at the sales for a client and i had a look at the lot that you liked
    She was a ripper of a mare looked liked she probably never got to race as she had really really bad feet maybe foundered at a guess but as a broodmare option from her breeding she would be a great punt as her dam Bumbalina was a 4-5? in a row city winner
    Being by Blackfriars she would have been the broodmare that I would have bought if I was looking
    Fillies out of good race mares are often better producers than their dams
    The same buyer also picked up a beautifull looking Magic Albert gelding too for $700
    A very astute buyer that man

18. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Thanks Andy,

I would have guess her to be good looking from her pedigree :) Although that doesn't always mean a lot! Argh, I seem to be attracted to horses with bad feet though :D Good thing I have a good farrier :)* Of course he would probably kill me if I got another horse :p

Oh well, I will keep my ear open to see if I hear of her again :)

19. Jez

Jez Gold Member

Yes bumbalina was no slouch at all.....nice bloodlines...another person looking at older style breeding nicks and outcrosses id imagine...

Sorry dont know him at all.

20. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

LOL Thought it was worth asking, just on the off chance.