it's not much,

Discussion in 'Training Horses' started by Shandeh, Nov 11, 2010.

1. bubblez

bubblez Well-known Member

well blitzen im in the same boat as shandeh with limited available funds (i do have an emergency fund for the ponies but its emergency fund not, bubbllez wants a shiney new saddle fund LOL) and being a student have limited funds, but I worked out if I bought the new wintec pro stock (should NEVER has sold my old one!) which is $1600 then allow another $400 for girth and saddle blanket and other things I decide i need (LOL) than it comes to $2000, and that means it will only cost me $19.25 a month to pay off before the interest free period finishes :) I cant get the loan, coz of bad credit rating when i was younger (god i cant wait for that to finish clearing!) but my OH or mum is going to do it for me :D

2. whitepantheress

whitepantheress Well-known Member

First, I can not work out what an OH is... *#)';'

Will your credit affect you getting finance too? I have bad credit too :-( an old one from being young and stupid, and two from a very bad ex bf....i'm 27...25-6 then....is that still young and stupid?

I am paying off the new horse as it is. And I have a vet jar...and a farrier jar...

<$20 a month is very affordable and will look good when your defaults go away :) And the wintecs are so awesome. I had a wintec 2000 AP growing up and it was all I rode in for years, watched them develop over time ....ahhh nostalgia...

3. Animosity

Animosity Well-known Member

wow, that sounds awesome!
    Might have to think abou tthat when i get back from holiday, i would like a stock too :D

4. notickets

notickets Well-known Member

"Other Half"
    hahaha :)

5. Eventer4Ever

Eventer4Ever Well-known Member

Shandeh, I advise you 100% to do what bubblez has stated here.
    What a brilliant way to get a new saddle.
    I'm sure you could find an extra $20 a month couldn't you? That's less than 1 shift of work.. ANYWHERE!

I'm thinking of doing that myself actually.
    Thanks bubblez!!
    Am in need for a new dressage saddle for the welshy and was wondering how I was going to do it. haha

6. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

hang on... isnt it only 24months interest free?
    24 * $20 = $480......

a $2k loan paid over 24months is more like $83 a month, or $20 a week...

7. Eventer4Ever

Damn it heifer! You ruined all our hopes and dreams! hahahah

8. Heifer

Heifer Gold Member

oh dear... bit of simple maths/logic would have helped LOL

9. SexyRitzy

SexyRitzy Well-known Member

haha yep for $20 a month i was almost considering a new saddle haha Dammit *#)

10. Eventer4Ever

But then again... it's still not too bad.
    Think about it this way.

The average job pays teenagers around what?... $10 an hour? So you do 2 hours a week (which is NOTHING!) and you've already made what you need to pay.

And then as well, the holidays, all that extra free time = heaps more time you could be working.

So that looks like that Shandeh, find yourself a decent job. Yes, it's going to be boring. Most jobs are. But then you can aim to getting yourself a new saddle soon!!

I've been very lucky with my parents paying for my weekly lessons as well as entry fees. But have just made a deal with Mum to help her halter/feet/float/tie train the foals for an hour each night. $15 an hour. It's not an easy job, I often get my arms ripped out and some wicked rope burn when the foals decide that we're a bit too scary haha but it means I can start lugging my own weight and pay for my own lessons/etc.

I think a job is the perfect way to go for you **)

11. whitepantheress

Ahhhh!!!! Thank you! Some of my not quite right ideas were:

* Old Hand/off hand
    * Old husband...

Actually that was it really...

12. norrishbex

norrishbex Well-known Member

If you do decide to go with the 24 month interest free option, be sure to read the fine print. If you haven't paid the saddle off in the interest free period, the interest rates are horrendous.

13. farfromhome

farfromhome Well-known Member

agreed!! you also need to look at who the credit is with!!
    it probably wont be horseland

like when you buy an engagement ring interest free for 300 months or whatever from michael hill the interst free plan is with a credit company like GE money.

i used to subpoena people to court due to owing these creditline debts from "interest free purchases"

so be careful :p

plus you also need to pay the "set up fee" for the credit purchase
    which is like $250.... this is what happened when you look at rings haha

14. montygirl

montygirl Well-known Member

All of those interest free loans are with a credit line company and not through the shop you purchase the item from.

Like someone said, if you don't pay off within the time, you get hit with MASSIVE interest... like 20% or something stupid!!!!';'

I've used one of these loans before... when I bought my KN from Saddles Plus. I had it payed off within a couple of months tho...

15. Sugar's Mum

Sugar's Mum Gold Member

lol at the fragmented maths.

Saddlefitter came out this morning. Shandeh has a fitted saddle now and both are extra pleased with it.

16. whitepantheress

17. montygirl

montygirl Well-known Member

**)**)**)**)

18. Diana

Diana Gold Member

Phew. Glad that's sorted!!!

19. bubblez

oops I meant $20 a week sorry!!!!! (lol brain fart moment?!)

20. bubblez

and yes its through GE finance. They usually have a little account fee as well (I think its $6 a month?) and yes, the interest rate is about 18% if you dont pay it off, but 24 months is a LONG time to pay it off, esp when you think you can put things like your tax ect can be put on to reduce the amount you owe :)