Is my horse a full QH?

Discussion in 'Breeding Horses' started by Koolie, May 24, 2011.

1. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Everyone who owns a QH (either pure or 1x) who wants to show and/or breed registered stock need to be members :) That is the same for the majority of breed societies :)

I am guessing the reason why it is different with the AHSA was to try and get more derivative owners to register their horses :)

2. Koolie

Koolie Active Member

Thanks everyone :) I have emailed them just waiting to hear back now.

I'll put some pics up for the ones who wanted them hehe they arent very recent tho! he is fatter now haha

Last edited: May 25, 2011
  3. Koolie

Koolie Active Member

4. Yarrabah Quarter Horses

Yarrabah Quarter Horses Well-known Member

Mirawee as long as the horse is registered AQHA you do not have to be a financial member unless the breed show asks for a copy of financial status. The only show that the owner of a horse has to be financial is the state show and the Royal. Not being a financial member means you do not gain life time points for your horse. Hope this clears this up for you:))

Regards - Sue

5. mirawee

mirawee Gold Member

Really? So once my boy is registered I don't actually need to be a member and can still show.

6. Yarrabah Quarter Horses

Yarrabah Quarter Horses Well-known Member

Yes but you will not gain any AQHA points.

Regards - Sue

7. Pugsworth

Pugsworth Well-known Member

same goes with the AAA as long as your horse is registered Appy you can show in the breed classes,and ridden, but you wont gain points, and you cant show in the national,state shows or AA class shows.

8. jamie

jamie New Member

hi im Jamie I have just got new horse little kool kat known as Buddy I see u are previous owner just was wanting to know why u sold him and when and any other info on him as he is an awesome horse.Thanks. :)

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  9. Yorkie

Yorkie Well-known Member

i tried bedding the image but it keeps breaking :(

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013