Insuring to Travel?

Discussion in 'Horse and Rider Insurance' started by mav, Feb 14, 2009.

  1. mav

    mav Well-known Member

    Just a quick question and I know I could probably find out through the travel companies web sites BUT does anyone know if you have to insure a horse to travel over east or is it included in the transport companies fees?

    Also I'm a little dense when it comes to the whole insurance thing... does loss of use cover you for ALL loss of use or just their specified use? And does the vet bill cover cover everything?

    Thanks guys.... :)
  2. Sassy

    Sassy Gold Member

    Hey Mav, you will have to check with each different company, Loss of Use in alot of cases is specified individually. Many of the stud/stock type policy it is only for loss of breeding use, not injury. So you will need to clarify it.
  3. Paint8

    Paint8 Well-known Member

    Most places wont insure to travel.. they only insure on a 3 month basis.

    This is what I found when I needed insurance in Dec for travel to the East. :)
  4. Andhi

    Andhi Gold Member

    You will find that most transport companies will not insure your horse; it is up to you to organise that separately.
    Which is what I did with Tally, just paid up for the entire year - best decision I ever made!

Share This Page