Insurance for Monty Roberts Demo???

Discussion in 'Horse and Rider Insurance' started by leah, Aug 4, 2008.

1. leah

leah Well-known Member

My friend is looking at gettign insurance for her horse who is being used in the Demo. Im sure the horse will be fine but Ya neva know?? Can anyone suggest a good insurer By PM if mods wold prefer.... Also can ther be "short term" insurance.

Thanks

2. SomeoneElse

SomeoneElse Active Member

I would imagine the responsibility for insurance lies with Monty and/or the venue?:confused:

3. leah

leah Well-known Member

No definatly a owner responsibility. Participants have to sign a disclaimer.

4. Que Sera Sera

Que Sera Sera Well-known Member

A really stupid question....

Why would she need insurance for Monty Roberts? What is she expecting that may happen at the demo that would not happen at home?

5. leah

leah Well-known Member

Im REALLY hoping your coment is that YOURS is a really stupid question not mine. The horse will be put in a sitation that is has not been in before..... Monty Roberts or organisers ar NOT liable for any injuries.

6. Spring

Spring Active Member

One can never be to careful and especially if the horse is valuable. We have a good insurance company that does our horses PM me for more info :)

7. Que Sera Sera

Que Sera Sera Well-known Member

Yes it was MY stupid question. :D

The horses I know that have been insured are insured all the time. I have not come across one that has been insured for a particular event. It was an innocent question. Please take it at face value.

8. leah

leah Well-known Member

Thats what I thought you ment LOL..... It is purely for the owners peace of mind.

9. SomeoneElse

SomeoneElse Active Member

I'm not a lawyer, but... I do know that disclaimers do not stop you suing if there's negligence involved. Duty of care still applies at all times. I would be amazed if MOnty and the venue had no public liability insurance!!! LOL!!!*#)

10. jonty

jonty Well-known Member

I didnt sign any disclaimer when me and my horse where involved...

Your horse should be insured anyway and just change the address to the SEC for the day evening and you will be right...

11. liver bird

liver bird Well-known Member

whats monty doin with your friends horse????? **)

12. leah

leah Well-known Member

Not sure but her easy going QH got picked well above my firey TB. LOL.....

13. jonty

jonty Well-known Member

He will pick outside horses for either a floating issue, starting young horses and problem horses!