instructions how to brush perfect sharks teeth

Discussion in 'Horse Showing and Events' started by Oldhack77, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Oldhack77

Oldhack77 Gold Member

anyone? Can do quarter marks half decent now but sharks teeth beat me. Is there an easy way to get nice straight lines?

2. taylor

taylor Well-known Member

Practice Practice Practice
    :)

3. Sharaway

Sharaway Guest

4. PINTO1980

PINTO1980 Gold Member

Find Jane-Lee if she at the same show:)*

5. Oldhack77

Oldhack77 Gold Member

6. Dollar

Dollar Well-known Member

OH i know some one who has made stencils for sharks teeth! very easy to use.

7. Oldhack77

Oldhack77 Gold Member

REALLY????!!!! How do I find this person and bribe them for a duplicate???

8. Oldhack77

Oldhack77 Gold Member

Great post I found - very helpful!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Bethy

Bethy Gold Member

Nic... come and see me tomorrow... I'll show you :)

Gold ford territory and white float with blue horse rearing design thingo on the sides and a big chestnut spunk rat tied to the side :)

10. Oldhack77

Oldhack77 Gold Member

i'll hold you to that bethy! **) **) thanks hun!! xx

11. Ltd Edition Madcow

Ltd Edition Madcow Well-known Member

Hmmm...I don't like those sharkers in the pic.

You need a fairly firm brush with a nice straight edge to it(not one thats been squished in your tack box) and not too big or small. You also need a fairly good coat. Sometimes you can wet the brush or use show sheen etc to help.

Make sure pony is standing level and dunt got his leg all funny making his flanks all weird. Then brush all the hair in the direction it normally goes. Can wet, then start at bottom of flank and brush up 45 deg or so towards tail. Then brush down at the same angle to get your triangle shape. Repeat a few times to get a row.

easy really.

[​IMG]

Horses coat was still a work in progress here and he was at his first show (so had a mobile target to slap em on quick). For this horse I used bigger fatter triangles at next show as those ones were a bit small.

12. biscay

biscay Well-known Member

Okay, so can I ask then:

For a t.b who perhaps gets stressy and sucks up in flanks, would it be a good idea to do the shark teeth? Or would they draw more attention to the hollowness ( if that makes sense?). I havent quite decided if it would help hide the fact or make it stand out more.

13. Bethy

Bethy Gold Member

Yep.. no worries at all hon! :)